LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's f**king sad that Seattle and Arizona are even on that list.

either you guys can't match the teams city with the team name or people just have problems. these team are and have been, on the poll.

anyway, dallas was our # 1 rival, packers are our # 1 rival, the rams will be our # 1 rival. This is how i see it.
Either Cowboys or Packers. If it wasn't for them two, we would've been the team of the 80's AND the 90's. Not that we weren't good in the 90's, we just would've had more super bowls.
Originally posted by tondiman:

either you guys can't match the teams city with the team name or people just have problems. these team are and have been, on the poll.

anyway, dallas was our # 1 rival, packers are our # 1 rival, the rams will be our # 1 rival. This is how i see it.

Actually the rams were a huge Rival in the 80 before going to STL. it seems fitting that they continue. I could care less about the packers or the cowboys because they will not be a team that we have to fight for a playoff spot. I remember as a teen going to my buddy house to watch the LA rams and niners games. we have played them since 1950 with a record of 61-60-2 RAMS
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Actually the rams were a huge Rival in the 80 before going to STL. it seems fitting that they continue. I could care less about the packers or the cowboys because they will not be a team that we have to fight for a playoff spot. I remember as a teen going to my buddy house to watch the LA rams and niners games. we have played them since 1950 with a record of 61-60-2 RAMS

wow.. i did not know that.
The only reason the Rams are still in the NFC West despite moving to St. Louis is because of our rivalry with them so I guess they get the vote
I like Rogers, so the Packers rivalry is dead to me.

I like Bradford, and the Rams suck so that rivalry has little meaning now.

The Cowboys suck and all the players of the past are gone.

Warner isn't on the Cards and they suck now.

I like Brees and the aints aint in our division anymore.

None of the old rivalries mean jack anymore.
Originally posted by Shifter:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
A lot of you screaming Dallas but Dallas is not our true rival.. Dallas fans dont even consider us as rivals.. Truth is Dallas one real rival is the Redskins, no matter what their records is PERIOD

Face it Dallas, Giants, and Green Bay all knock us out of superbowls. I think what is going on is a lot of people dislikes Dallas fan cause of how they carry but that does make them our rival it just makes them ignorant. A true rival for us I would say GB more so than any named, We played them more and Favre Owned us, plus to add feul there is the our Aaron Rodgers thing wanting to pummel us every chance he gets.. But a big time rival I think we are missing partly because we have been irrelevant for so long now.

I live in San Antonio where I am neck deep in Cowboys fans, they hold training camp here. And Sir I hate to break your bubble but they DO consider the Niners rivals, and hate them to the core. Whenever someone asks who my team is and I say "Niners" they CRINGE.

OK say you experienced that.......But a #1 rival though??????????? Sorry its the Redskins for them not SF

I don't think you understand my statement. The Cardinals and the Seahawks are trash. Longtime NFL bottom-feeders. The YORKS are the only reason those teams ever ascended to power and made a name for themselves as NFC Champions in the 00's. That is why I think it's f**king pathetic that anyone would ever consider either of those clubs as "rivals."
Has to be the cowpokes
Giants was a big rival in the 80's and early 90's. It even had tempers wilding out in the big comeback win in the playoffs

• mod
  • Veteran

The packers are not our #1 rival... lol, maybe thats the team you hate the most but a rivalry is a two way street and trust me, the packers and their fans dont give a s**t about us.

I don't think you understand my statement. The Cardinals and the Seahawks are trash. Longtime NFL bottom-feeders. The YORKS are the only reason those teams ever ascended to power and made a name for themselves as NFC Champions in the 00's. That is why I think it's f**king pathetic that anyone would ever consider either of those clubs as "rivals."

my bad, i misread "aren't on the list." Anyway, i agree with you then..
The seahawks can prove to be one of the most entertaining rivalries though.. (what's your problem?)
  • West
  • Veteran
1st would be Cowboys ( I have a indescribable hate for them)

2nd has to be the Rams ( history with them)
Share 49ersWebzone