LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

I've always hated the cowboys.....BUT guys, the packers just keep growing on me.....and to make it worse, my best friend (huge niner fan) just got together with a packer chick.
why is this even a thread? The Cowgirls will always be our #1 rival.
The Cattlechicks
Rams will take that spot here in the next couple years.
A lot of you screaming Dallas but Dallas is not our true rival.. Dallas fans dont even consider us as rivals.. Truth is Dallas one real rival is the Redskins, no matter what their records is PERIOD

Face it Dallas, Giants, and Green Bay all knock us out of superbowls. I think what is going on is a lot of people dislikes Dallas fan cause of how they carry but that does make them our rival it just makes them ignorant. A true rival for us I would say GB more so than any named, We played them more and Favre Owned us, plus to add feul there is the our Aaron Rodgers thing wanting to pummel us every chance he gets.. But a big time rival I think we are missing partly because we have been irrelevant for so long now.

[ Edited by D-NOTTE on Feb 8, 2011 at 09:39:20 ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
always was and forever will be...THE DALLAS COWBOYS
Originally posted by English:
Cowboys. The Packers are not even on the same page. Without Favre I don't mind them

This!!! When Favre left I immediately hated the Jets then the Vikings and I realized it wasn't really the Packers I hated... lol!!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I will always hate the Cowboys the most. However, I think our divisional rivalry with the Seachickens will grow over the years. Especially now that Carrol VS Harbaugh is established.

This could come to rival the Cowboy rivalry, but it would take many years. I think Carroll will be out of the league before that happens. The Cowboys rivalry goes wayyyy back. As far as I can recall, they were the bane of the Niners in the 70's, a little bit in the 80's, and gave the Niners h**l in the 90's. It hasn't been as big of a deal as of late, but the rivalry will return once we start reaching the playoffs again and have to face them year after year.
The team I think is our biggest Rival has to go to the Dallas Cowboys...

In 70-71 we lost 2 NFC Championships in a row to the Dallas Cowboys. Then in 72 lost a divisional playoff game to the Dallas Cowboys..

In 81, The Catch that launched the dynasty, against the Dallas Cowboys...

In 92-93, one again we lose 2 NFC Championships in a row to the Dallas Cowboys.

And then for a then record 5th Superbowl title, once again to get there we had to go through the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC Championship.

I don't think it's even close, our biggest rival is the Dallas Cowboys and I absolutely hate them.. I hate their cheerleaders too!!! lmao!!

Then I really hate the Rams... Seemed like in the 80's they gave us the most problems. We'd go to Anehiem and beat them, then they'd come to Candlestick and beat us.. And it always seemed to come to end a winning streak or keep us from going undefeated.. And I really hate Jim Everret!!!

And I hate the Raiders, with a passion too. Not because of the Raiders themselves, but because they have the largest collect of ignorant, stupid, uneducated, delinquent, asinine fans of any team or sports franchise in the world... They could go, 1-15, 0-16, 1-15 and then 0-16 and still yell, "Puro Pinche Raiderssssss!!!" And then Al Davis would hold a 3 hour press conference to announce the hiring of some lame coach and talk at lengths end about the greatness of the Raiders, and their fans would eat it all up like the drunks they are!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
A lot of you screaming Dallas but Dallas is not our true rival.. Dallas fans dont even consider us as rivals.. Truth is Dallas one real rival is the Redskins, no matter what their records is PERIOD

Face it Dallas, Giants, and Green Bay all knock us out of superbowls. I think what is going on is a lot of people dislikes Dallas fan cause of how they carry but that does make them our rival it just makes them ignorant. A true rival for us I would say GB more so than any named, We played them more and Favre Owned us, plus to add feul there is the our Aaron Rodgers thing wanting to pummel us every chance he gets.. But a big time rival I think we are missing partly because we have been irrelevant for so long now.

Appreciate you are adding a perspective on the Dallas rivalry but the point is we have history. Green Bay beat us because one of our best coaches left and made the SB winners. Thats like getting your ass kicked by your younger brother or something.

But Dallas. Dallas is the zenith of all our rivalries. Granted they might not care as much but when you consider how awful we have been its understandable for them to overlook us. Its also what adds to the rivalry. Time and again they thought they had us only for the 49ers to rise.

With Dallas it is the appreciation of two franchises steeped in history not giving an inch. Its in the blood.

But as Eddie D once said. "you've got to bring ass to get ass". I see us bringing it soon enough.

[ Edited by Envy on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:59:05 ]

team i hate the most? Cowboys.

Our biggest rival? The Cardinals. Its a young rivalry but i think could become a good one. I think the teams are developing a genuine dislike of each other, which is the essential ingredient for a rivalry.
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Appreciate you are adding a perspective on the Dallas rivalry but the point is we have history. Green Bay beat us because one of our best coaches left and made the SB winners. Thats like getting your ass kicked by your younger brother or something.

But Dallas. Dallas is the zenith of all our rivalries. Granted they might not care as much but when you consider how awful we have been its understandable for them to overlook us. Its also what adds to the rivalry. Time and again they thought they had us only for the 49ers to rise.

With Dallas it is the appreciation of two franchises steeped in history not giving an inch. Its in the blood.

But as Eddie D once said. "you've got to bring ass to get ass". I see us bringing it soon enough.

I voted Dallas and it is without any doubt in my mind. I live 5 minutes from Jerry Jones stadium and work with cowgirls fans and they still hate the niners. They hate the redskins, we all know that's true, but there's still a lot of hate for the niners with their fans, especially with the older fans that know the history. I won't even let my gf watch the cowgirl cheerleader sdhow that came on around me cause I despise anything cowgirl related. So I end this with "f**k the cowpatties forever!"
Toss up between Greenbay and Dallas for me.

But I'll always hate the redskins for the championship game.
Right now it's the Cardinals. We haven't been nearly good enough to compete with the other teams in the league.

So right now it's an NFC West team, and the Cardinals are it right now.
Can never have enough revenge...Cowboys!
Share 49ersWebzone