There are 210 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
For me it is definitely the Cowboys.

Strange though... all the old team rivalries seem dead. Seems the only one going on currently is with the Cardinals.

And doesn't that just epitomize the sorry state of our once proud franchise. Time to right this ship.

I think it is more about the state of the NFL. That's parity for you. Seems most players don't really care that much about the team rivalries that once existed. It is to be expected when players move around so much.

I agree. This is why i will always hate Deion Sanders. I didn't so much care that he left after we won the 94 superbowl -- that is to be expected...lots of players move on after a superbowl---but to go to the arch rival Cowboys....man I hated them, and that made me burn with hate for Deion.
For me its the Steelers bc I live in Pittsburgh.....second would have to be the Cowboys
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Raiders and cowboys for me. I chose raiders tough cause my most my friends are raiders and not really cowboys. Plus their fans are gay as f**k.
All of the above.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The 90's are long gone along with our rivalry with the Cowboys.

I'll go Rams.
  • mod
  • Veteran
for it to be a rivalry the other team/fans have to hate us as well.

the cowboy rivalry died 10 years ago. The only true rivalry the 49ers have (where players and fans dislike each other) is with the cardinals.

cowboys fans dont give two s**ts about us, the raiders and niner players dont hate each other. And the only fan bases that hate us is Seattle, AZ, Saint Louis, and Oakland.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
for it to be a rivalry the other team/fans have to hate us as well.

the cowboy rivalry died 10 years ago. The only true rivalry the 49ers have (where players and fans dislike each other) is with the cardinals.

cowboys fans dont give two s**ts about us, the raiders and niner players dont hate each other. And the only fan bases that hate us is Seattle, AZ, Saint Louis, and Oakland.

I almost said the Cards, but they aren't s*** without Kurt Warner.
HATE the cowboys. i dont like GB because of the 90's and Favre but they dont bother me as much now. raiders fans are fun to make fun of but the teams arent really rivals just bay area bragging rights. rams seahawks and tards are rivals because of the division but nothing makes me happier than beating up on the cowboys
It used to be the Cowboys and the Packers....We have no real rival now...I would just say the NFC West altogether...
The best team in the NFC West.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
How the Cards and Raiders not included in the poll ? Talk about fail. One is a division rival the other is our Bay Area Rival. You can't start a thread about our #1 rival and exclude them for "any Superbowl winner" or the Steelers.

Seriously.

That being said, it's the Dallas Jerruhs. I wish we could play them every year.

Every year
Originally posted by tondiman:
Who is our number one all-time rival for YOU? AKA all time most hated team..

Everyone knows the history. As bad as i hated the cowboys, we've had revenge on them. The Packers have f$&?£ed us over time and time again.. and it's almost as if they WANTED to humiliate us by taking Rodgers and McCarthy. Favre went something like 14-1 against us.. I can't stand this team.

Steelers for the superbowl count. Seahawks for division and head coach rivalry (). St Louis because they are an up and coming team in the division.

Or any team that wins the current superbowl..

For me it will ALWAYS be the Packers. Talk about a monkey on our back. We got a friggin gorilla here....

My prediction is that the tables will turn.. they will seem to have the best team and will be the most logical choice in the next few years, but with Harbaugh and our new team, we will "upset" them time and time again.. as we start our new dynasty.

Nobody on this site can say that they don't have good vibes about whats ahead....

Vote and thoughts..

I dont hate the Packers at all.. their actually very fun to watch!! BUT 49ERS
  • titan
  • Veteran
No doubt Cowboys! Packers are 1B!
Originally posted by Gelb1472:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
For me it is definitely the Cowboys.

Strange though... all the old team rivalries seem dead. Seems the only one going on currently is with the Cardinals.

And doesn't that just epitomize the sorry state of our once proud franchise. Time to right this ship.

I think it is more about the state of the NFL. That's parity for you. Seems most players don't really care that much about the team rivalries that once existed. It is to be expected when players move around so much.

I agree. This is why i will always hate Deion Sanders. I didn't so much care that he left after we won the 94 superbowl -- that is to be expected...lots of players move on after a superbowl---but to go to the arch rival Cowboys....man I hated them, and that made me burn with hate for Deion.

I'm not going to lie it made me upset to see Deion go; especially to the Cowgirls. But I loved primetime for that one year. Our defense was so exciting with him and Merton Hanks making plays that year. Wish we could have kept him and maybe kept the Super Bowls coming.
lol i like how some people still think were still big rivals with Dallas. we hardly ever play them anymore. neither of us even makes the playoffs most of the time. the rivalry died when Steve Youngs career ended, and the Cowboys went down the Quincy Carter path.

the Niners have been rivals with the Rams for decades. much longer than anyone else. weve played more games against STL than anyone else. from the days when they used to smack us around, to the days when wed smack them around, then back to the greatest show on turf when we couldnt beat them to save our lives, now were back to beating them.

throughout the years weve been rivals with alot of teams, but the one consistent one has always been the Rams. plus they came from LA. SF and LA are natural rivals. DAL and GB were rivals of certain eras, but they didnt stick over time.

Id say our only real current rivalries are:

STL
AZ
OAK
SEA

I still think of GB as a rival, but we never beat them. its so one sided. Dallas and the Niners is now just a once every 3 years matchup of 2 teams that have no distaste for eachother. the fans maybe still do, but the games arent emotional and high energy.
Share 49ersWebzone