LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Dallas. I f'in hate them more than anything.

and where is the raiders? I hate them as well.
#1 has to be Dallas from all the years as the bridemaid in the 70's then finally breaking through. For most of the 80's in the division it was either the Rams or Saints as the main competition . . . but our real rivals were the Bears, Giants and Redskins and sometimes the Vikings. Then back to Dallas before we faded while getting Favred so many times in the playoffs.
Dallas, period. NOW, though, I can definitely see the Niners/Rams rivalry being the hot one for the near future.
1a. Cowboys
1b. Packers

These two a*****e teams beat us a combined 9 times in the playoffs. Rams have never done s**t against us when it mattered, and them not being in LA DOES matter, I'm sorry. I don't view the cardinals or seahawks as rivals, but more like nuisances.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 7, 2011 at 07:47:53 ]
Rival? You have to actually be good and should be competing for something to have rivals. Last 8 years we have only competed for runner up in the NFC West.

As far as teams I hate the most it would definitely be the Cowboys. I hate that franchise with a passion. I got nothing against the Packers after Favre left. They gained my respect from the way they handled the whole Favre scenario. I was rooting for them last night.
Well in the Nolan/Singletary Era's, which I would say has been long enough to establish a new Rival, I'd have to say our #1 Rival as of late has been the San Francisco 49ers.
Folks talking bout the team they hate the most but none of these are actual rivalries. I can't even remember the last time they played the cowboys or Steelers. And playing the Packers was just playing the Packers it wasn't a rivalry game.
cowboys have to win this one. I'm sure if you post this in ANY forum, they would win it. Packers, well not so much. I can't say I hated the team, it was the horrific officiating when the 49ers played them that cost them the games.
Hate? Cowboys to the core.

Rivalry? That's a 2-way street. I dont think you'll hear may Cowboys fans who consider the 49ers as their #1 rival. At least not anymore.
COWBOYS. period.
We have had skirmishes and animosity with other teams here and there (Packers, Giants....etc.) but the hatred for the Cowboys is DECADES deep..no other team comes close over my time as a fan.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
i'll be the one to say the Rams.

the Rams.
Originally posted by zozell:
Well in the Nolan/Singletary Era's, which I would say has been long enough to establish a new Rival, I'd have to say our #1 Rival as of late has been the San Francisco 49ers.

LOL That is exactly what I was thinking...Im an old school fan being that I cheer on anyone thats playing for the Niners good or bad...so my #2 would be the fans for bashing the players on the team cause they arent cheering the team they are almost looking for a reason to bash the team...Now once the players leave the team I dont really care what they do.

Now however as a team I too would have to say the Cowpukes...CANT Stand them and living in Ft Worth I can say the feeling is mutual...but there are alot of Niners fans in the area here...or there were cause as I like to call it at the TO game there seemed to have been as many people wearing Niners gear as there were wearing Cowpuke gear. I Love when the niners beat the Pukes cause then I get to laugh at my wifes family unfortunately of late Ive been getting laughed at especially in head to head...

[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Feb 7, 2011 at 08:56:22 ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I hate the dirty Cardinals but yes the Cowboys def

I agree the Cowboys are the top rival. I also think that the Cards should be on that list. The Rams also deserve consideration as they are our oldest rivals.
Cowboys, I hate those b*****ds!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Cowboys and it's not close. f**k the cowgirls and anyone who supports them.

+ infinity ..!.,
Share 49ersWebzone