There are 188 users in the forums

As years go on, Super Bowl time grows more depressing for Niner Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember watching the 49ers win their 5th SB in 1994. I was 10 years old. It was awesome, I grew up in a 49er household. But it wasnt until the 97 season that I became a hardcore 49er faithful. I can say that I'm lucky enough to experience the final stretch of great 49er football, but like a lot of the newer fans or younger generation, I've witnessed a majority of losing football.

But I have hope that my suffering will pay off when my children are old enough to understand the game, and their favorite team, the 49ers, have returned to greatness
It is depressing to remember that Greenbay had to re-tool with players not too long ago , and now they are among the elite teams while we have only been among the worst to maybe a middle of the pack at best so far.

I can still bring a prideful smile up when I say we have always won any Super Bowls that we have gone to. I hope that when we do finally get to play in another Super Bowl that we are able to make it six for six .........
Depressing this year cause the Packers were pretty lowly a few years ago like us the difference is they have a good GM, HC, and develop their qb the right way since Smith and Rodgers graded out pretty evenly when they came out.

The saying that it starts from the top is mostly true.
at least we know we are very close and on the right track
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, two Northern California boys that have won Super Bowl MVPS the last 10 years, both the 49ers considered drafting
Superbowl teams don't repeat nowadays - and the last 10 Superbowls have 10 different NFC representatives - lets support the team trying to become the 11th in 11 years. Yes, it may be a long shot, but anything is possible in this sport.

Except in the AFC where it goes Steelers, Pats, Colts, Steelers, Pats....etc
I'm just very happy that Sh*tsburgh did'nt get their 7th because now maybe we can tie them at 6, but be the only team undefeated with 6 which would be even better!!!!!
This is why I say anybody who cares enough to stick around the webzone through all this is by default a true fan. Even if they say crazy s**t like "I hope we lose!" or "I hope Alex breaks his other shoulder!", etc.

The only people around here now are true fans who love the 49ers. We all deal with 'grief' differently, so let them rant in peace.

Props to all you 'newbies' who weren't around for the golden years, but still love the team and stick with them through these hard times. I salute you!

IT'S TRUE.....REAL FAN STAY FOR THE BAD AND THE GOOD....

GRATINGS FROM PERU...

A REAL PERUAVIAN FAN

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
unfortunately, the NFL Drafts are our Super Bowls now

and where not winning those either!!
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I'm going to spend the day crying into the worn remains of my 1989 NFC championship shirt and pissing myself in sorrow.

In reality I still feel pretty damn proud of our 9ers legacy. We will be back; and then you will all use this dark period you endured as proof of your true fandom. You can tell all the noobs in 5 years how they are not real fans because they don't know who cody picket was or chris wienke......you're going to love it.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, two Northern California boys that have won Super Bowl MVPS the last 10 years, both the 49ers considered drafting

I'm sure lots of other teams considered drafting them too, can't get them all right. We will be back on top someday.
Chill out zoners. I remember the days back in Kezar when the only thing we had to cheer about was when Jim Marshall from the Vikings ran the wrong way with a fumble and scored a TD for the 9ers. The only standings that matter are the SUPER BOWL STANDINGS where we are undefeated in 5 trips. We will be there again with the Harbaugh era just starting so you will have plenty of stories to tell the young ones when the time comes.
Well that what it means to be a fan......Love um when they're winning.......LOVE um when they're losing.....sigh.....
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I'm sure lots of other teams considered drafting them too, can't get them all right. We will be back on top someday.

Well we all know that rodgers came close and theres an old report that said the niners wanted to take Brady in the 6th but ne picked him something like 11 picks before our spot. Yes every other team considered them but we had them graded in the same round which stings more
I remember feeling sorry for teams like ours, often wondered how bad it would suck.

Never thought that when I would proclaim myself as a Niner fan, the response would be "i'm sorry".

Keep digging Jed!
Share 49ersWebzone