There are 254 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

As years go on, Super Bowl time grows more depressing for Niner Fans

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone find super bowl time more and more difficult to endure during this long stretch of darkness that's consumed our beloved franchise for the past 8 years.

Forget the past 8 years, that was merely our last playoff appearance. We haven't been to the Super Bowl in 16 years! With us being in the doldrums though, I almost even lose sight that the Super Bowl is an attainable goal for this squad. Every year I just pray for a simple playoff appearance. Super Bowl? That seems like something foreign to us fans nowadays.

Not much of a point to this post, just looking to see if others felt the same way. Especially ones like me who were too young (I'm 25) to revel in the glory years.

I had one Super Bowl (I was 9 years old at the time) to enjoy. Unfortunately, you don't appreciate virtually anything about it when you're that young.

Thank God the West Coast offense is coming back. Let's get us a QB, OLB and CB and make a run goddammit!
Considering we were supposed to be a dark horse SB contender this year, it makes it a little worse. :(
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Considering we were supposed to be a dark horse SB contender this year, it makes it a little worse. :(

That horse must have been dark as s**t.

Is "dark horse" a euphemism for "snowball's chance in hell"?
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone find super bowl time more and more difficult to endure during this long stretch of darkness that's consumed our beloved franchise for the past 8 years.

Forget the past 8 years, that was merely our last playoff appearance. We haven't been to the Super Bowl in 16 years! With us being in the doldrums though, I almost even lose sight that the Super Bowl is an attainable goal for this squad. Every year I just pray for a simple playoff appearance. Super Bowl? That seems like something foreign to us fans nowadays.

Not much of a point to this post, just looking to see if others felt the same way. Especially ones like me who were too young (I'm 25) to revel in the glory years.

I had one Super Bowl (I was 9 years old at the time) to enjoy. Unfortunately, you don't appreciate virtually anything about it when you're that young.

Thank God the West Coast offense is coming back. Let's get us a QB, OLB and CB and make a run goddammit!

Blame the Mike's...

[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Feb 6, 2011 at 11:26:39 ]
As bad as it is for 49er fans..imagine being a fan of any of the teams that have never won a SB.. OR even worse what it maust be like for fans of those teams (Buff or Minn) that lost 3 or 4 SB.

Those teams are cursed and have bad mojo.
I'm going to spend the day crying into the worn remains of my 1989 NFC championship shirt and pissing myself in sorrow.

In reality I still feel pretty damn proud of our 9ers legacy. We will be back; and then you will all use this dark period you endured as proof of your true fandom. You can tell all the noobs in 5 years how they are not real fans because they don't know who cody picket was or chris wienke......you're going to love it.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I'm going to spend the day crying into the worn remains of my 1989 NFC championship shirt and pissing myself in sorrow.

In reality I still feel pretty damn proud of our 9ers legacy. We will be back; and then you will all use this dark period you endured as proof of your true fandom. You can tell all the noobs in 5 years how they are not real fans because they don't know who cody picket was or chris wienke......you're going to love it.

I can't wait for that day.
I don't know. I'm happy to be where we are at right now. Season's over and was a huge dissapointment, but I'm quite excited to see what the future presents itself. I've said this the last 6 seasons, but we've never had an offensive minded coach. Thats who the 49ers were, and that's what I'd like to see us become. I personally wasn't expecting Super Bowl so we'd be done now any ways. But the future has a small glimpse of being good.
dont speak for me buddy
The SuperBowl does seem almost impossible for the Niners to get to in my head. I know it's possible, but it just seems so distant and far away. I became a fan in 2004, so I have been accustomed to losing only.

But, did anyone think the Saints would have won the big game 5 years ago? Nope.
Enjoy the Super Bowl, hope for a brighter future!

Stay thirsty my friends.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

That horse must have been dark as s**t.

I don't know about you, but the only time my s**t has been really dark is when there was something abnormal going on in my bowels. Maybe you should see a doctor to get that checked out.

Joking... I assume it was a random expletive and not an analogy.
It doesn't bug me so long as the opponents are quality. But if Seattle had somehow made it in I might be on suicide watch.
It does suck but I do agree that at least we've been there and won it 5 times and not that long ago to boot.

I mean imagine being a Lions fan, a Browns fan, or one of those teams that's never won it or has blown every opportunity to win it.