There are 200 users in the forums

Gamble promoted to 49ers' personnel director

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Susweel and SanDiego at their finest. Panning a move before doing any research into his credentials.

"Promoted from within", hide the women and children!

Very good move. An obvious one, really.
On a related note, what happened to the news about Baalke wanting to get a senior football adviser?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Susweel and SanDiego at their finest. Panning a move before doing any research into his credentials.

Keep promoting from within when these men were part of a team that has built a roster with more wholes then Swiss cheese.

No franchise QB, no good CBs, no pass rushers. Several first round and mid round bad draft picks. Part of the same management team that got busted for tampering.

Sorry man to say this is a very good hire is absurd.

[ Edited by susweel on Feb 5, 2011 at 12:57:35 ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Keep promoting from within when these men were part of a team that has built a roster with more wholes then Swiss cheese.

No franchise QB, no good CBs, no pass rushers. Several first round and mid round bad draft picks. Part of the same management team that got busted for tampering.

Have you seen his previous line of work or are all your responses just the same.

And for you to automatically say this is a bad hire is absurd. But then again, it's just par for the course with you.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Have you seen his previous line of work or are all your responses just the same.

And for you to automatically say this is a bad hire is absurd. But then again, it's just par for the course with you.

When did I say it was a bad hire ???

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LOL. Dude, I wonder why you're such a negative and bitter person. You'd have to have a bunch of s**t going in your life to put so much anger into a fan forum.

why dont you bust out your list of execs that are available, willing to take the position, and better than Gamble?

....or are you criticizing blindly based on the teams on field failures? seems to me that youre just pinning this whole organization as crap, and we need to fire every exec. and hire new ones, as if the new ones are golden. the scouting dept. has been very solid for us the last few years. weve always had talent, its just been the coaching that sucks. Baalke and Gamble did an outstanding job scouting the roster. its loaded with talented young players.

read over Gambles resume. its very impressive. if we wouldve hired him from another team, youd be thrilled. both Baalke and Gamble have gotten alot of high praise from guys around the league about how good they are at what they do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niner4life21:

LOL. Dude, I wonder why you're such a negative and bitter person. You'd have to have a bunch of s**t going in your life to put so much anger into a fan forum.

How do you know that, do you know him personally ??

No I don't. Read my post again. I said 'you'd have to', not 'you do.'

And obviously I don't know SD. It just seems weird to me that someone would be so negative about something that he doesn't control.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

No I don't. Read my post again. I said 'you'd have to', not 'you do.'

And obviously I don't know SD. It just seems weird to me that someone would be so negative about something that he doesn't control.

Its all good man, I respect everyone's opinion on this site even though I may not agree with it. I thought maybe you knew him personally or something.

Bottom line is we all are niner fans and we want the team to do well. Everybody is different, its what makes life so good.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Short-sighted NT as usual.

This places the 49ers in a PRIME position to trade reasonably for Kolb. He's a former Philadelphia Eagles exec.

Remember, this off-season is about OPTIONS. OPTIONS. OPTIONS.

Brilliant move.

His past association with the eagles 16 years ago somehow makes us more likely to trade for Kolb? The eagles want X from any NFL team for Kolb. If we offer X we get him, if we don't, we don't get him. Has nothing to do with being a former Philly guy. It won't get us a discount. Besides, Kolb is a product of the east coast market hype machine. He's not a franchise qb.

Gamble is a great hire though. His resume is impressive.

Well from my understanding and recollection, people keep their relationships with former teams when they leave. I do recall this off-season a former employee of Parcells flew to Florida to ask him for advice while we were chasing a particular coach who was at the Orange Bowl. As a former Philly guy myself, I do know that Gamble was well regarded by both fans and the organization.

sure, but all that means is he can call up some long time Eagles execs and say "hey buddy, hows life? yeah we were looking at Kolb's price? oh.....1st round pick just like it would be to everyone else?.....nevermind then..."

its great if he can ask Eagles execs for help on what to do, but not a friendly discount on a weak armed QB that half the NFL thinks is a franchise guy. theyre going to milk Kolb for as much as hes worth.
now heir apparent to baalke...
Share 49ersWebzone