There are 218 users in the forums

Who was the biggest disapointment out of these players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was the biggest disapointment out of these players?

Originally posted by susweel:
Brian Jennings didnt have the same crispness to his long snaps, I really think he lost a step.

The hang nail didn't help but I think he's over that and they tend not to be recurring injuries. But, who knows!?
I know who would be number 1 for me,but I will ignore that not to start trouble... My second biggest disappointment would be Goldson.. I expected more from him after the year before he showed so much promise..
There only one logical choice here. Anyone who chose anyone but the obvious answer are completely blind and/or idiots.
Pretty easily Smith.

Crabtree - jury is definitely still out, a lot of WRs take some time to get it together
Franklin - has probably actually exceeded expectations; 5th round pick who the Ravens declined to re-sign and ended up being franchise tagged
Brooks - more of a situational player anyways
Goldson - 1 good year got him massively overrated, a fall to Earth was inevitable
Franklin is on here because he didnt live up to his hype or pay
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO:

1. Alex Smith - 2nd year with OC, was supposed to be a breakout year.

2. Dashon Goldson - Wanted a top dollar contract, showed hes nothing more then second tier.
  • titan
  • Veteran
All are disapointing! we can even add other players Clements,Haralson, and even Lawson.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Alex Smith hands down, when you are a #1 overall pick you are expected to be a pro bowler, not bottom 5-10 at your position.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Crabtree... he did not improve much over last season IMO.

wtf? who on the team improved under Sing?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, people continue to bash on Goldson

I don't see how anyone can defend Franklin...he never was in top shape all season after missing all of tng camp. His play fell off...he just wasn't the same guy...definitely not worth the over $7M he was getting paid. Goldson was as big of a disappointment as anyone...he's never developed into the playmaking FS the Niners thought he'd become. Brooks and Crabtree fell off a bit, but should be fine. Alex had some fine moments, but also had some bad ones. Harbaugh feels he can still be a very good NFL QB...and, maybe he could under his tutelage, who knows. I think he'd just be better off with a new team, a fresh start.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jrg:
Lol, people continue to bash on Goldson

His problem was that many people saw that one very good game and assumed he would put up many more like that. The truth is, that game was an aberration. He is the kind of player we saw this season. He may benefit from better coaching, as many current players will, but to think he has Pro Bowl potential is to set oneself up for disappointment.
I kept thinking if we have a a consistent pass rush and pressure it would cure at least half of the problem we may have in the secondary. I think we have a lot of physical talents in the secondary. Coaching scheme helps, but if we can get a pass rusher it would goes a long way for our defense as a whole.
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I kept thinking if we have a a consistent pass rush and pressure it would cure at least half of the problem we may have in the secondary. I think we have a lot of physical talents in the secondary. Coaching scheme helps, but if we can get a pass rusher it would goes a long way for our defense as a whole.

I agree. Hopefully, Fangio will bring a bunch of Dom Capers blitz packages to the defense. If he does, it should add a lot more pressure on opposing QBs. We will need it. Tough schedule upcoming.
goldson was not a playmeaker last year. Terrible angles. he should of iron out these problems when he was talking big contract. ... think re sign with a sm contract
Share 49ersWebzone