Not a member? Register Now!

What do we do with lawson!

Originally posted by susweel:
let him

jazzercise?
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we keep him and cut haralson. that guy sucks.

I don't get why anybody would keep 98 over 99....

Cuz 98 is signed for cheap, and 99 wants a lot of money to come back. Thats why

Sign him. He's a good player. Just not great in the sense of sacks. But he's not bad in that category either if you look at the #'s. He's outstanding for speed and coverage at the LB position. He can be effective as a pass rusher at times. He's tall and rangy and athletic. You can do far worse than Lawson. Just because he is not a super star I don't get all the hate. Not every player is a star. Lawson is a good player. You need those guys.
He's good enough to keep around. Especially in coverage.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Lawson is one of the better OLBs in the league. Hell yes we keep him, granted his salary demands are reasonable.

Dude your going out on a limb with this statement.I think your going off of his potential something he's never lived up to. I dare u to watch film on him. He dogs it too much. KC, GB, SEA, STL, those games stick out in my head. My pops coaches fb and lol it makes him sick. He's surprisedcoaches didn't bench him for his slacking.
I think we upgrade haralson with miller and keep manny, i think many still can and will improve, especially if Fangio can bring some of his better scheming to us
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we keep him and cut haralson. that guy sucks.

I don't get why anybody would keep 98 over 99....

Cuz 98 is signed for cheap, and 99 wants a lot of money to come back. Thats why

lol
if it was up to me, i'd trade Lawson.. we've seen his max and sorry to say that dont expect too much from guy... i would rather see Ahmad Brooks playing fulll time position as the OLB and see him create some havoc..
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
He is going to walk and some team is going to get a REALLY good OLB. Maybe not the best passrusher, but a good OLB.

maybe in a 4-3 defense but in a 3-4 defense he is

Perhaps. I just think people undervalue him because he doesn't produce double digit sack totals. He is a quality player.
Originally posted by 9moon:
if it was up to me, i'd trade Lawson.. we've seen his max and sorry to say that dont expect too much from guy... i would rather see Ahmad Brooks playing fulll time position as the OLB and see him create some havoc..

You can't trade someone who is an unrestricted free agent.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
He's good enough to keep around. Especially in coverage.
We need a new cba in place. Then we could talk to lawson about a deal. If he's looking for 50 million let him walk. We should have giving JP his money, but lawson is different not really the passrusher we expected. I think if we land miller and resign lawson those 2 could run the arch well. Forcing the qb to step up into justin smith, and ray mcdonald. Ray should get the start over issac, who i believed is the most overrated niner!!!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
We need a new cba in place. Then we could talk to lawson about a deal. If he's looking for 50 million let him walk. We should have giving JP his money, but lawson is different not really the passrusher we expected. I think if we land miller and resign lawson those 2 could run the arch well. Forcing the qb to step up into justin smith, and ray mcdonald. Ray should get the start over issac, who i believed is the most overrated niner!!!

We had all off-season to sign him...he held out...we didn't sign him to a LT contract. We had all season to sign him....management didn't even bother. In his contract year, he put up a whopping 2.5 sacks.

At the end of the day Balke is running the show and he knows THE #1 responsibility of the OLB in the 3-4 is to get to the QB and it's been well documented over 5 years, even in a contract year, he'll never be able to do that.

In a real 3-4, non-Manusky vanilla scheme, coverage is a moot point. He's excellent at setting the edge but certainly has lost a lot of speed laterally with the injury and all the bulk he's had to put on just to play in the NFL. Keep in mind too that most LB's ARE good are setting the edge. Even Brooks in limited snaps had more TFL's. I, too, have questioned his motivation and heart so you can pretty much bank on MANNY going to a 4-3 team this off-season.

We won't miss Manny at all once we employ a proper 3-4 with the right personnel to fit it. Many fans on this board have no idea what a real 3-4 defense is supposed to look like...so here's a hint...watch the Superbowl and try to picture Lawson and Haralson in that defense and you'll get a good laugh!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

We had all off-season to sign him...he held out...we didn't sign him to a LT contract. We had all season to sign him....management didn't even bother. In his contract year, he put up a whopping 2.5 sacks.

At the end of the day Balke is running the show and he knows THE #1 responsibility of the OLB in the 3-4 is to get to the QB and it's been well documented over 5 years, even in a contract year, he'll never be able to do that.

In a real 3-4, non-Manusky vanilla scheme, coverage is a moot point. He's excellent at setting the edge but certainly has lost a lot of speed laterally with the injury and all the bulk he's had to put on just to play in the NFL. Keep in mind too that most LB's ARE good are setting the edge. Even Brooks in limited snaps had more TFL's. I, too, have questioned his motivation and heart so you can pretty much bank on MANNY going to a 4-3 team this off-season.

We won't miss Manny at all once we employ a proper 3-4 with the right personnel to fit it. Many fans on this board have no idea what a real 3-4 defense is supposed to look like...so here's a hint...watch the Superbowl and try to picture Lawson and Haralson in that defense and you'll get a good laugh!

Well said NC.
sucks cause I really thought dude would turn out to be real good.