There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do we do with lawson!

Originally posted by Sinsation:
we keep him and cut haralson. that guy sucks.

I don't get why anybody would keep 98 over 99....
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Cuz 98 is signed for cheap, and 99 wants a lot of money to come back. Thats why
Resign him! Even though he didn't get a lot of sacks, Lawson was still one of the strengths of the D. He very good against the run and in coverage. Haralson is the OLB who needs to get replaced not Lawson.
Originally posted by susweel:

Has it been reported that he is asking for an unreasonable contract or what is this based on?
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

Has it been reported that he is asking for an unreasonable contract or what is this based on?

It was reported that he want Calvin Pace type money. 6 years 42 million, 22 million guaranteed. No way that Lawson is worth that kind of contract. Dude cant sniff the QB, coverage LBs are not that hard to replace.
Let him go!!!! He sucks!
Let him walk. Replace him with Woodley or a draft pick.
He is going to walk and some team is going to get a REALLY good OLB. Maybe not the best passrusher, but a good OLB.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
He is going to walk and some team is going to get a REALLY good OLB. Maybe not the best passrusher, but a good OLB.

maybe in a 4-3 defense but in a 3-4 defense he is

It was reported that he want Calvin Pace type money. 6 years 42 million, 22 million guaranteed. No way that Lawson is worth that kind of contract. Dude cant sniff the QB, coverage LBs are not that hard to replace.

That was last season, he didn't live up to the bill. Maybe we can make it work. What does 98 make in his deal??? Besides nate deal will be reworked or cut, we will have the money.

Franklin tagged would be the highest amount.
Goldson may command the second.
Then lawson should be resigned.
Tko, also needs a new deal which i'd enjoy to see him in red & gold next year.
Alex is the main one that is a toss up, he shouldn't comand alot of money since he's set for life if he put it away right!
What you forget is whatever money these guys make they have to make it last for the rest of their lives...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 31, 2011 at 15:33:51 ]

It's based on speculation.
Haralson needs to go. Lawson we should keep.

Then we draft an OLB and hope for someone that will push someone out of a starting position.

$3,500,000 a year for the next two years for a one dimensional player, that isn't even that good at that one dimension, is "cheap"?

Haralson is over-payed.
Manny definitely needs to stay....I'm sure his salary demands won't be outrageous considering he's always wanted to be here...him showing up last year on time for camp proved that. He's the best coverage LB in the NFL and his instincts are ridiculous. Yes, he isn't the best pass rusher, he's not even top 30...however, with someone like Miller on the opposite side that can rush and play back in coverage, Manny becomes that much more dangerous. Cut Parys and use his money for Lawson....I believe he showed us several times what he's worth...ie interception on sideline vs rams....same against the Raiders, and the amazing game he had against Denver....If we let him go and get miller, we still have a gaping hole on the other side....I'm new to posting, but I've followed this msg board for years and I swear, some of you wanting to get rid of good talent because their NUMBERS aren't great....amaze me
funny the hate towards our players... people dont realize is actually good just cuz hes not getting tons of sacks everbody thinks hes garbage, hopefully we resign be retarded not to.