LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
There is only one explination for this:

Alex Smith has hacked the Niners archive and doctored the film.

What is this, a bad star wars movie!
Jake locker? the guy that couldn't complete a pass in a college game? wow any QB that you think will draft will turn into the next montana!
I think there's going to be a riot in SF if Alex Smith comes back
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I don't care for Alex Smith touch and his ability to assimilate new offenses. I have made list's of Alex's pros and cons. I am not an outright hater, in my opinion he is not suited to the classic BWO (Bill Walsh Offense). While I think he is very accurate and mid and deep passes, I find some of his other skills lacking.

I however am not as qualified as Jim Harbaugh, and will defer to his opinion, I do feel that he would be wise to, and I fully expect him to bring in other talent.

So not that it matters, I will support JH in his choice, when camp is over and the season starts, if Alex Smith is the last man sanding, then Go Alex Go Niners!

He is backwards that way. His mid and long passes are better than the short throws. He can be terrible at 5 yard passes. I'm not sure why 5 yard passes are so hard for him? Can't he just work on it?...
Originally posted by niner4life21:
How do you coach up a 6th year player? I dont get all this talk about Harbaugh turning Alex into a good QB. It's pretty ridiculous to say you can develop a player going on his 7th season lol

Why?

Steve Young was in his 30's before he was a consistently good player.
Kind of surprised Maiocco,Barrows or Tim haven't said anything today about the interview. They are usually first to speak on stuff like that..
Originally posted by WestCoast:
"Very accurate passer..."

woah....seriously?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fakers23:
Kind of surprised Maiocco,Barrows or Tim haven't said anything today about the interview. They are usually first to speak on stuff like that..

Its because they suffered heart attacks due to shock.
I implore you all to remember the interview with Trent Baalke when he said "the offensive line and the receivers are hard to judge when the QB is holding onto the ball 3, 4, 5 seconds at a time."

Baalke was basically saying both Smiths sucked this year. Combined with the fact he said there's no QB on the roster that is a franchise QB.

How much more do you need to hear?

There's a saying called "reading between the lines". When you do this, it's easy to figure out Harbaugh knows Alex is a short-term or backup option at best.

So long as no one has delusions that Alex can actually be a franchise QB, him sticking around as a backup I suppose is okay.
Originally posted by susweel:

Others yes,but everyone knows Maiocco a huge Alex mark..

Originally posted by highwayone:
I implore you all to remember the interview with Trent Baalke when he said "the offensive line and the receivers are hard to judge when the QB is holding onto the ball 3, 4, 5 seconds at a time."

Baalke was basically saying both Smiths sucked this year. Combined with the fact he said there's no QB on the roster that is a franchise QB.

How much more do you need to hear?

There's a saying called "reading between the lines". When you do this, it's easy to figure out Harbaugh knows Alex is a short-term or backup option at best.

So long as no one has delusions that Alex can actually be a franchise QB, him sticking around as a backup I suppose is okay.

I think he was talking about troy smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

Others yes,but everyone knows Maiocco a huge Alex mark..

He used to be but I think lately he has seen the light and accepted the fact that Alex cant play.
I dont see why alex would wanna stay. the majority of the fans hate him! although they support Harbaugh. I actually don't think hes THAT bad but I think he should go somewhere else and be a back-up. He hasn't shown after 6 years he can be a frenchise QB but i think being a back-up in 1 system for a few years would help him.

And Harbaugh CANT BASH HIM! we dont know if we'll be able to pick up a decent qb to start so we need him more than he needs us right now. (That sounds super weird, lol)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I don't care for Alex Smith touch and his ability to assimilate new offenses. I have made list's of Alex's pros and cons. I am not an outright hater, in my opinion he is not suited to the classic BWO (Bill Walsh Offense). While I think he is very accurate and mid and deep passes, I find some of his other skills lacking.

I however am not as qualified as Jim Harbaugh, and will defer to his opinion, I do feel that he would be wise to, and I fully expect him to bring in other talent.

So not that it matters, I will support JH in his choice, when camp is over and the season starts, if Alex Smith is the last man sanding, then Go Alex Go Niners!

He is backwards that way. His mid and long passes are better than the short throws. He can be terrible at 5 yard passes. I'm not sure why 5 yard passes are so hard for him? Can't he just work on it?...

Alex Smith threw the 3rd most yards after catch in the league. He is actually pretty accurate at throwing to guys in stride.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I hope we bring him back. Just so I can read all the educated, well informed, unemotional, unbiased and professional commentary.

Share 49ersWebzone