LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by binary2nd:
This is awesome. The know-nothings are losing their minds over this, hahaha. Good job by Harbaugh not caring what the fans think, I like him already. As someone else pointed out, there's no better options than Alex in FA, the only better options are with trades. Trades are gonna be tough with the CBA thing, great job by Harbaugh, I like it. The dumb fanbase can suck it. WE WANT CARR!! LOL.

You must have loved Singletary
Originally posted by YungAce:
This is awesome. The know-nothings are losing their minds over this, hahaha. Good job by Harbaugh not caring what the fans think, I like him already. As someone else pointed out, there's no better options than Alex in FA, the only better options are with trades. Trades are gonna be tough with the CBA thing, great job by Harbaugh, I like it. The dumb fanbase can suck it. WE WANT CARR!! LOL.

You must have loved Singletary

Hated the guy. He was a DIRECT result of the ignorant fanbase falling for his nonsense when he had meaningless wins in '08. The fanbase fell for his garbage hook,line,sinker. Wearing all those dumb shirts and reciting his propaganda

[ Edited by binary2nd on Jan 29, 2011 at 14:47:32 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Again, as a non-believer in Alex Smith, I trust Harbaugh's judgement when it comes to #11. I also think the WCO is much better suited for Alex as opposed to the vertical passing schemes we've been running since 2006.

I doubt Alex wants to comes back here, but if he does, I think it could work (or at least he could be a good bridge QB while a young guy like Ponder is developed).

This. At this point, Alex might be the best option to have him return instead of trading for someone. He also wont be the QB of the future but rather someone who will play until who ever we draft is ready.
the point is, outside Kyle Orton just about every QB available right now is no better than Alex Smith.

the people with common sense, like Jim Harbaugh, see that Smith has the tools, but has lacked the opportunity to win. Harbaugh already sees this after a couple weeks of being HC, and alot of Niners fans STILL dont see it after 6 years! amazing.

if we have to bring in the 3 best QB available, Alex Smith is definitely one of them. anyone who disagrees is delusional. Carson Palmer has been WORSE than Alex Smith the last couple years. hes old, and he sucks more than Alex at this point. Yet some people were drooling over trading a good draft pick to get him???

if fans on this board actually stepped back and looked at the rest of the NFL, theyd see that Alex Smith isnt the worst QB in the NFL. they focus only on the bad things, and ignore all the growing he did in 6 years despite the odds stacked against him.

Now Jim Harbaugh, the "QB developing genius" that even the haters have been in love with, is saying "Smith has what it takes to win in the NFL", which is a blasphemous statement to most of you. Wait, so the guy who actually KNOWS what hes talking about says Smith is could win in the NFL? imagine that.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Jim is a classy guy. What else do you expect him to say? I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Could be true but why is he on the field working him out? It's one thing to say something to help the guy but it is another to invest time that could be used elsewhere.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This title is misleading!

It should read, " I believe Harbaugh is off his meds"

or "ex nfl quarterback and current nfl coach speaks his mind"

then " no-it-all ,disgruntled shuan hill fans disagree, on the webzone channel,tonight at 6!"
This is awesome. The know-nothings are losing their minds over this, hahaha. Good job by Harbaugh not caring what the fans think, I like him already. As someone else pointed out, there are no better options than Alex in FA, the only better options are with trades. Trades are gonna be tough with the CBA thing, great job by Harbaugh, I like it. The dumb fanbase can suck it. WE WANT CARR!! LOL.

this.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Jim is a classy guy. What else do you expect him to say? I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Could be true but why is he on the field working him out? It's one thing to say something to help the guy but it is another to invest time that could be used elsewhere.

not to mention the fact that he didnt have to say anything at all

Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by highwayone:
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.

hes pretty accurate not on the short throws bur everything else and he is pretty durable hes had a beating his whole life and only 1 injury where every qb but big ben wouldve got injured

He is not accurate on the deep balls either.

I like that Jim is working with him to be honest. It shows that his preparation is top notch. Instead of sitting back and just waiting, he is actually getting out there with him to see what he wants to do come March 5th.

Alex is easy to look at behind the scenes and say, "hmm, this guy may have something".

He is smart as hell, he studies his a$$ off, he is very coachable, he is humble, he is athletic, He is a good size (6'4) and he is a good teammate.

What nobody sees about Alex until GAMEDAY is, what he sees when a defender is coming at him, when the pocket is closing, when their are bodies flying around him faster than he can think. THAT is where Alex has faltered.

I'm sure he is very accurate in Jim's passing drills. I'm sure he is very easy to talk to and explain footwork to and what when there is no pressure. Where Alex shows his true colors is in the face of pressure, he folds 9 times out of 10.

Again, this makes me like Jim that much more though. I love that he is doing his homework up close and personal so he doesn't have to make a drastic decision at the last moment. Keep up the good work Jim

Good post and I agree.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by crzy:
If Jim Harbaugh is considering starting Alex Smith next year, he might as well pack his s**t up right now and go back to Stanford. Because he won't last.

Trying to turn Alex Smith into a good qb is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Alex Smith is a scrub. He can be a decent backup but he is not starter material.

Coming from a scrub poster who screamed to trade Monta Ellis and keep Biedrens. Yea, you know talent alright. What a joke!

lol! someone just dropped a rosie odonnell all over your credibility!!! haha
Originally posted by BHulman:

Well I'm sure harb is evaluating Smith. He can't talk to or attempt to get any FA QBs he might like until March 5th, and maybe even after that b/c of the CBA. So ATM, the only QB he can look at work out with is Alex. I applaud Harbaugh for at least looking at all his options. But I don't think that he necessarily thinks Alex is the one and only option for 2011. Maybe of the top ones, but not the only one.
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by crzy:
If Jim Harbaugh is considering starting Alex Smith next year, he might as well pack his s**t up right now and go back to Stanford. Because he won't last.

Trying to turn Alex Smith into a good qb is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Alex Smith is a scrub. He can be a decent backup but he is not starter material.

Coming from a scrub poster who screamed to trade Monta Ellis and keep Biedrens. Yea, you know talent alright. What a joke!

lol! someone just dropped a rosie odonnell all over your credibility!!! haha
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Honestly Jed York needs to step in and tell Harbaugh to STFU. All Harbaugh is doing is hurting season ticket sales by all this pro Alex talk.
Share 49ersWebzone