There are 253 users in the forums

Who would you prefer to start @ QB next season (if no real FA)?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you prefer to start @ QB next season (if no real FA)?

Originally posted by excelsior:
One camp has argued that the 49ers need to move on from Alex. A few have argued that Alex may be the best option as the 49er's stop-gap QB for next year. It is like a debate, with each side marshalling their most persuasive arguments and stats.

Judging by the results of the poll, I hereby declare that the Alex supporters have won the argument. Too bad for the losing side. Maybe they will work a little harder on their skills at winning arguments.

Not true. It is currently 49% support Alex Leaf, 51% vote for other option.
Originally posted by Pintor63:
swap picks with Washington #7 for #10 for McNabb. Draft a qb in the second rd someone is going to drop just like last yr and oh yeah when Rodgers dropped. This yr i hope someone take cam newton early that way Locker,mallet and Gabbet all drop. Trade up to N.E top of the second round and take our qb Locker or Mallet someone will drop

McNabb can be had off of the streets here in a month or two. Redskins are going to release him, so no sense in giving up trade.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Troy Smith!

I think Troy fits the WCO much better than Alex. I'd give him a shot first.

, anyone else read this crap?
One camp has argued that the 49ers need to move on from Alex. A few have argued that Alex may be the best option as the 49er's stop-gap QB for next year. It is like a debate, with each side marshalling their most persuasive arguments and stats.

Judging by the results of the poll, I hereby declare that the Alex supporters have won the argument. Too bad for the losing side. Maybe they will work a little harder on their skills at winning arguments.

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I'm totally down for this. Just think it could be PEYTON MANNING ON STEROIDS

I could dig it.

That dude is garbage against college teams just imagine him against NFL caliber teams.

You never know till hes in there.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Troy Smith!

, anyone else read this crap?

Yup, I wrote it...

Shows just how much faith I have in Alex dosen't it?
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Not true. It is currently 49% support Alex Leaf, 51% vote for other option.

LOL, I'm pretty sure that excelsior guy failed his math classes.
are you guysss seriouss about this alex smith bullcrappppp.... the guy doesnt got it.... some pepople jus dont got it... if it aint in you...it aint in you.. no coaching staff or machine or workkout will work.... keep em as a second string ..id be glad to have him as a backup cuz he can be DECENT sumtimes. what we reallllly neeed... is jake locker.. hes a gunslinger if we get him well be good..
Originally posted by ihatealex2005:
are you guysss seriouss about this alex smith bullcrappppp.... the guy doesnt got it.... some pepople jus dont got it... if it aint in you...it aint in you.. no coaching staff or machine or workkout will work.... keep em as a second string ..id be glad to have him as a backup cuz he can be DECENT sumtimes. what we reallllly neeed... is jake locker.. hes a gunslinger if we get him well be good..

Great screen name!
At the time I read the poll, Alex had 51% support. So there. No, I never failed any math classes.

Troy Smith!

I like Troy, but accuracy is his downfall. Accuracy is probably high on the list of traits a WCO QB must have.

Yup, I agree with you there.

Agreed too. I wouldn't go after someone for saying they like Troy more than Alex, but saying he's a better fit for the WCO is preposterous on multiple levels.
  • dj43
Originally posted by matt49er:
answer:
someone, anyone other than Alex Smith or David Carr

WHO?
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Troy Smith!

I like Troy, but accuracy is his downfall. Accuracy is probably high on the list of traits a WCO QB must have.

Yup, I agree with you there.

Agreed too. I wouldn't go after someone for saying they like Troy more than Alex, but saying he's a better fit for the WCO is preposterous on multiple levels.

How so? Sure Troy isn't that great on the shorter stuff; but, he has shown the ability to hit receivers in stride and the ability to buy time with his legs. I don't think Troy was given enough of an opportunity to learn the playbook to be effective last year; and, if given the opportunity, can do it better than Alex.

Now I'm not saying Troy would be a good West Coast QB; I'm just saying that I think he would be better at it than Alex...

Alex, looks like a country boy dancing (absolutely no timing at all). He has a problem staring down receivers and has really poor ball placement (the receiver has to do so much work to bring in an Alex pass that it's hard for him to get anything after the catch). Alex holds the ball too long and looks awkward dropping back from center. WCO is just not for this kid...
Anyone but Carr.
ANYONE, it means we actually have a season. Bad football is better than no football.
Share 49ersWebzone