LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Very Moving Walsh Tribute

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After watching this knowing how much passion and love that I share for this team/history/tradition this man brought it made me shed a tear or two. I just hope and want to believe Jim will bring the same to passion to this team. I want Jim to be able to take everything Walsh taught him and bring it up a notch. Players and coaches must know the tradition on how much this teams success in the past and how much it means to the fans. We as fans sit here and watched what Bill had built Camelot and watched all the glory days just come to an abrupt end when Eddie D was forced to hand over the fort. I think its time for us fans to get what been asking for by being a powerhouse feared football team but always having the spirit of Bill inside everyone. I want to see Jim bring that to us more than anything.

49er for life and forever.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jan 24, 2011 at 7:38 AM ]
Don't really have to see it. Just thinking about him gets me emotional. A great man.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
A very great man. It was a blessing to see his teams in action, his cerebral philosophy dominate against simple brute force, and his wisdom and character echo in the classy and respectful ways his team won.

Giedi
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Don't really have to see it. Just thinking about him gets me emotional. A great man.

True, but I watched it anyway.

We are some lucky fans. Even those who never watched him coach a game. Even those who have only been around for the past decade and never got the chance to see his legacy.

We are lucky because that legacy will always be remembered. We are lucky because those of us who did watch him coach... or even just watched the team carry his legacy... will always want that legacy to return to the field.

Now it appears that after a decade of darkness, the young York finally saw the light.

I don't expect Jim Harbaugh to be Bill Walsh. I don't want him to even try... the connection to the legacy is enough for me.

Well, it would be nice to win some games, too.

Thank you, Bill Walsh! GO 49ERS!

Everyone who is a 49er fan should watch and listen to Dr. Harry Edwards speech on Bill.
Ya, I saw that when I was pulling video for the B&W portion of my Jim Harbaugh Vid. Great video.

I actually used the part with from the above vid with Bill on everyones shoulders as the final portion of the B&W.
Come on Harbaugh, Take us back to the promise land once again.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Glory endures forever
Class, pure class! Loved that man...
Only a 49er fan can truly appreciate the greatness of Bill Walsh. Without him the 49ers would just be another team in the league competing for its 1st or 2nd Lombardi trophy

great video....... did anyone else notice that the video was one minute and 49 seconds long.. its fitting because he is the number one niner of all time
Originally posted by EastCoastNiner80:
great video....... did anyone else notice that the video was one minute and 49 seconds long.. its fitting because he is the number one niner of all time

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Everyone who is a 49er fan should watch and listen to Dr. Harry Edwards speech on Bill.

Thanks for that, it was a great watch.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Come on Harbaugh, Take us back to the promise land once again.

Please do....

GO NINERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone