There are 225 users in the forums

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Atl49er:
Jim already knows he doesn't want Locker and the other Qb's participating in the Senior Bowl. He knows Cam will be there waiting for us @ #7!!!

Love ya Jimmy Baby, take Cam, get us a veteran west coast qb once free agency commences and the 9ers are back!!

What does he know about Stanzi?

youtube ftw
Jim already knows he doesn't want Locker and the other Qb's participating in the Senior Bowl. He knows Cam will be there waiting for us @ #7!!!

Love ya Jimmy Baby, take Cam, get us a veteran west coast qb once free agency commences and the 9ers are back!!

Your assumption that Harbaugh apparently lived in a box and only watched or studied PAC10 games is ludicrous.

I guess coaches never watch other successful programs, do they?

Originally posted by horsecore:

Your assumption that Harbaugh apparently lived in a box and only watched or studied PAC10 games is ludicrous.

I guess coaches never watch other successful programs, do they?

What does he know about Kaepernick?

god please no
Maybe he isn't planning on selecting a QB or maybe he is more concerned with the real mechanics that will be on display at the combine. I don't think we take a Qb until the middle rounds.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Maybe he isn't planning on selecting a QB or maybe he is more concerned with the real mechanics that will be on display at the combine. I don't think we take a Qb until the middle rounds.

Real mechanics will be on display in an actual game. Like the Senior Bowl. Pretend mechanics are the combine and individual workouts. Alex even did well at individual workouts. It's not a real situation with a pass rush and DB's defending. You don't learn much from that.
[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Jan 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM ]
I thought I would be able to lay low and ignore the forum but who cares if Harbaugh is not going to the bowl games. This shows everybody he has confidence with his GM! Plus his GM will give him all the tapes he needs to review with any positions when he returns anyway. He's got plenty of time to make one on one interviews later on - a relaxed, professional setting what he needs to find out what kind of individuals these players they are most interested in down the road.

Right now, it should be very important to get all the coaches on the same page, come up with a great plan, processes, and procedures for a successful next year, then execute the plan according to their likings.

Could we all just sit and relax and try to enjoy this new regime - there will be plenty of time to slam, lambaste, cast offensive gestures toward them when things don't go as planned! I live here in san Diego now and I still have to find something
that will irritate me to a point I'll start posting negative things here on this forum but until then, I'll try to be as quiet as possible because I am happy as can be again, due to the recent change.
he knows more than all of you, just shut up and let him do his thing...

Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
I thought I would be able to lay low and ignore the forum but who cares if Harbaugh is not going to the bowl games. This shows everybody he has confidence with his GM! Plus his GM will give him all the tapes he needs to review with any positions when he returns anyway. He's got plenty of time to make one on one interviews later on - a relaxed, professional setting what he needs to find out what kind of individuals these players they are most interested in down the road.

Right now, it should be very important to get all the coaches on the same page, come up with a great plan, processes, and procedures for a successful next year, then execute the plan according to their likings.

Could we all just sit and relax and try to enjoy this new regime - there will be plenty of time to slam, lambaste, cast offensive gestures toward them when things don't go as planned! I live here in san Diego now and I still have to find something
that will irritate me to a point I'll start posting negative things here on this forum but until then, I'll try to be as quiet as possible because I am happy as can be again, due to the recent change.

He has no reason to have confidence in that said GM. The last time that guy thought it would be a good idea to trade up he traded multiple picks for an OT who can't pass block... And he used our 2nd round pick on a Safety that can't play pass defense...
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Harbaugh doesn't owe me an explanation, but hey that's just me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

This.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

youtube ftw

-9fA
Originally posted by boast:
SD souring on Harbaugh?!?!

well that was quick!

I like Harbaugh. But this decision is curious. Baalke blocking him from going?... It makes zero sense not to have the best QB evaluator there. He needs to be there period. We need a QB and Harbaugh needs to be there.

Perhaps Harbaugh has already determined that Alex Smith is his man and he doesn't need to waste his time going and looking at a bunch of stiffs.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by boast:
SD souring on Harbaugh?!?!

well that was quick!

I like Harbaugh. But this decision is curious. Baalke blocking him from going?... It makes zero sense not to have the best QB evaluator there. He needs to be there period. We need a QB and Harbaugh needs to be there.

Perhaps Harbaugh has already determined that Alex Smith is his man and he doesn't need to waste his time going and looking at a bunch of stiffs.

Share 49ersWebzone