There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Anyways, I thought that Harbaugh was going to the Senior Bowl...

Where does it say he isn't?

Articles said he isn't. He wants to watch film of FA's and not be at the Senior Bowl...

Wait, our FAs? Or the ones from other teams?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#mi_rss=49ers


"Not going Mobile – While general manager Trent Baalke will head to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Sunday, Harbaugh said he would remain at team headquarters and do film work on upcoming free agents.

The 49ers will be scouting quarterbacks throughout the offseason. Six of them – Nevada's Colin Kaepernick, Washington's Jake Locker, TCU's Andy Dalton, Florida State's Christian Ponder, Alabama's Greg McElroy and Iowa's Ricky Stanzi – will be on hand in Mobile."



Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#ixzz1BoWXFpBM

Why do we not want him there for that?... Locker, Dalton, Stanzi, Ponder and Kaepernick respectively. Those are potentially good QB's. Not as high on McElroy.

Thanks SD, I missed that article.

But I'm sure there will be tape of the Senior Bowl practices that Harbaugh can go back to look on. After all Harbaugh has done up close scouting with him coming from the college ranks, its the NFL players that he needs catching up on. The Combine and Pro Days and inviting players for private workouts leading up to the draft will give him a lot of time to evaluate players.

That's the aticle I was speaking of. It's seems absurd to me. A HC with no QB on the team should go.

More speculation on my behalf...of course, but maybe hes looking into NFL QB film on who are realistic trade options?? Like I said, with him coming from college, I'm sure hes had more than enough time to scout college players. In college its pretty useless looking at game film of NFL players, especially the hours that HC's put in to game planning in college and the NFL.

I think that would hold water if you are talking about PAC 10 only. He's seen and faced those guys. He knows what they got. But Stanzi is Big 10 for example. What does he know about him? Probably nothing.

Follow the bold letters.

He should be able to do "more than 1 thing at once." We learned from Barack Obama that all great men can do more than one thing at at time... Can Harbaugh not walk and chew gum at the same time? Can't he take his laptop with game film DVD's and review them in his hotel room while also doing his due diligence at the Senior Bowl?

Probably not, we need to fire him ASAP, C'mon make it happen Baalke!!!

Even NoWin could handle going to the Senior Bowl while handling other tasks and even coaching sometimes too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,217
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Anyways, I thought that Harbaugh was going to the Senior Bowl...

Where does it say he isn't?

Articles said he isn't. He wants to watch film of FA's and not be at the Senior Bowl...

Wait, our FAs? Or the ones from other teams?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#mi_rss=49ers


"Not going Mobile – While general manager Trent Baalke will head to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Sunday, Harbaugh said he would remain at team headquarters and do film work on upcoming free agents.

The 49ers will be scouting quarterbacks throughout the offseason. Six of them – Nevada's Colin Kaepernick, Washington's Jake Locker, TCU's Andy Dalton, Florida State's Christian Ponder, Alabama's Greg McElroy and Iowa's Ricky Stanzi – will be on hand in Mobile."



Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#ixzz1BoWXFpBM

Why do we not want him there for that?... Locker, Dalton, Stanzi, Ponder and Kaepernick respectively. Those are potentially good QB's. Not as high on McElroy.

Thanks SD, I missed that article.

But I'm sure there will be tape of the Senior Bowl practices that Harbaugh can go back to look on. After all Harbaugh has done up close scouting with him coming from the college ranks, its the NFL players that he needs catching up on. The Combine and Pro Days and inviting players for private workouts leading up to the draft will give him a lot of time to evaluate players.

That's the aticle I was speaking of. It's seems absurd to me. A HC with no QB on the team should go.

More speculation on my behalf...of course, but maybe hes looking into NFL QB film on who are realistic trade options?? Like I said, with him coming from college, I'm sure hes had more than enough time to scout college players. In college its pretty useless looking at game film of NFL players, especially the hours that HC's put in to game planning in college and the NFL.

I think that would hold water if you are talking about PAC 10 only. He's seen and faced those guys. He knows what they got. But Stanzi is Big 10 for example. What does he know about him? Probably nothing.

Follow the bold letters.

He should be able to do "more than 1 thing at once." We learned from Barack Obama that all great men can do more than one thing at at time... Can Harbaugh not walk and chew gum at the same time? Can't he take his laptop with game film DVD's and review them in his hotel room while also doing his due diligence at the Senior Bowl?

Probably not, we need to fire him ASAP, C'mon make it happen Baalke!!!

Even NoWin could handle going to the Senior Bowl while handling other tasks and even coaching sometimes too.

STOP SanDiego, I was kidding.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Anyways, I thought that Harbaugh was going to the Senior Bowl...

Where does it say he isn't?

Articles said he isn't. He wants to watch film of FA's and not be at the Senior Bowl...

Wait, our FAs? Or the ones from other teams?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#mi_rss=49ers


"Not going Mobile – While general manager Trent Baalke will head to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Sunday, Harbaugh said he would remain at team headquarters and do film work on upcoming free agents.

The 49ers will be scouting quarterbacks throughout the offseason. Six of them – Nevada's Colin Kaepernick, Washington's Jake Locker, TCU's Andy Dalton, Florida State's Christian Ponder, Alabama's Greg McElroy and Iowa's Ricky Stanzi – will be on hand in Mobile."



Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/22/3342979/49ers-notes-harbaugh-takes-clean.html#ixzz1BoWXFpBM

Why do we not want him there for that?... Locker, Dalton, Stanzi, Ponder and Kaepernick respectively. Those are potentially good QB's. Not as high on McElroy.

Thanks SD, I missed that article.

But I'm sure there will be tape of the Senior Bowl practices that Harbaugh can go back to look on. After all Harbaugh has done up close scouting with him coming from the college ranks, its the NFL players that he needs catching up on. The Combine and Pro Days and inviting players for private workouts leading up to the draft will give him a lot of time to evaluate players.

That's the aticle I was speaking of. It's seems absurd to me. A HC with no QB on the team should go.

More speculation on my behalf...of course, but maybe hes looking into NFL QB film on who are realistic trade options?? Like I said, with him coming from college, I'm sure hes had more than enough time to scout college players. In college its pretty useless looking at game film of NFL players, especially the hours that HC's put in to game planning in college and the NFL.

I think that would hold water if you are talking about PAC 10 only. He's seen and faced those guys. He knows what they got. But Stanzi is Big 10 for example. What does he know about him? Probably nothing.

Follow the bold letters.

He should be able to do "more than 1 thing at once." We learned from Barack Obama that all great men can do more than one thing at at time... Can Harbaugh not walk and chew gum at the same time? Can't he take his laptop with game film DVD's and review them in his hotel room while also doing his due diligence at the Senior Bowl?

Probably not, we need to fire him ASAP, C'mon make it happen Baalke!!!

Even NoWin could handle going to the Senior Bowl while handling other tasks and even coaching sometimes too.

STOP SanDiego, I was kidding.

Well it's worth questioning it IMO. I would rather have the 49ers best QB evaluator there. And there is no reason for him not to be there.


How the hell did this thread get to 8 pages?

-9fA
Fire Harbaugh ASAP !!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
How the hell did this thread get to 8 pages?

-9fA

lol

It happens when you have one guy who keeps repeating the same thing over and over with his fingers in his ears and a bunch of people trying to convince him otherwise, when it is quite clear that he can't hear.
i thought he was attending?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/17/11/Harbaugh-will-be-multi-tasking-at-Senior/landing_niners.html?blockID=392864&feedID=2800
Originally posted by susweel:
Fire Harbaugh ASAP !!!!

I agree. Harbaugh is already doing too much film watching for my taste. He is already becoming the next Singletary. Next thing you know he will be thanking Pete Carroll for kicking his butt.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Harbaugh doesn't owe me an explanation, but hey that's just me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

It doesn't appear so on this decision. I want the best QB evaluator there for the 49ers. And he's not there...

Blind faith doesn't work with me.

It's not about what you want, SD, that's what you have to realize. Just because it's not to your liking doesn't mean it's incorrect. Let the PROs handle the Pro stuff.

It's unheard of and unprecidented in modern times for a HC with a team that doesn't have their QB of the future to not be there. There is just no reason for it. It's absurd.

Harbaugh has a lot on his plate--he wants to go through the whole roster and see what he likes and what he doesn't. He can see any QB prospect he wants later on at their pro days or individual workouts.
SD, I'm normally more on your side in seeing the pragmatic/pessimist side to this organization, but here you are just finding reasons to be upset.

Obviously, JH knows what the Senior Bowl is and isn't. And either he thinks a meaningless showcase game is not the best place to evaluate prospects and/or he thinks Baalke is more than capable of doing the evaluating.

Or there is some other reason he's not going. But most likely it's because he is familiar with the people and process involved (which none of us are to the same level), and he's deemed it not the best place/way to evaluate potential players.

Regardless if it's because he already knows them and who he wants, or if he just thinks it's a poor venue for good evaluation, he's made the decision not to go himself.

And he has a track record as a great talent evaluator/developer.

Plus it's not like the organization isn't going, just Harbaugh himself.

You may not understand or agree with the decision, and you may never, because you probably won't be given the real reasons. But to assume it's a negative and that somehow it means we aren't or won't do our proper research on prospects is just absurd.

Give the new regime a minute to do things, their way, and then judge them on the results.

Over analyzing every action and assuming the negative every time will just drive you bananas.
Jim already knows he doesn't want Locker and the other Qb's participating in the Senior Bowl. He knows Cam will be there waiting for us @ #7!!!

Love ya Jimmy Baby, take Cam, get us a veteran west coast qb once free agency commences and the 9ers are back!!
Originally posted by Atl49er:
Jim already knows he doesn't want Locker and the other Qb's participating in the Senior Bowl. He knows Cam will be there waiting for us @ #7!!!

Love ya Jimmy Baby, take Cam, get us a veteran west coast qb once free agency commences and the 9ers are back!!

What does he know about Stanzi?