There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Originally posted by excelsior:
Up until the Harbaugh hire, virtually every decision made by the Yorks over the last 8 years has been an embarassing, humiliating fiasco. How could anyone not be upset with them? San Diego, as well as a number of others, including me, had no confidence in their decision making ability based on that long history.

I think we are all hopeful that the Baalke/Harbaugh hires represent a turning point. But I can understand why some of us may remain cautious. I can also understand why San Diego looked askance at this recent decision of H. to aoid the Senior Bowl. Although it may be defendable, on the surface it still appeared puzzling.

San Diego's outlook, even though it may be unpopular, is no less a valuable contribution to this forum than those who remain passionate critics of Alex Smith.

Patently false and is revisionist history of the highest order. Say this is an opinion; but prosecuting every move and finding fault with everything isn't where you begin rational discussions about football. If you're working out some over-sensitive psyche with the Yorks, then do so privately. Sounding the (false) alarm on EVERYTHING isn't excused by mistakes the Yorks have made. It only further entrenches opinions other share that you're permanently arguing from an extreme bias. No one party is at fault. We can hash out the history if you like, starting with the fact that Denise didn't WANT the team but only kept it because her brother didn't want to lose it because of his own indiscretion.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Jan 26, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by excelsior:
Up until the Harbaugh hire, virtually every decision made by the Yorks over the last 8 years has been an embarassing, humiliating fiasco. How could anyone not be upset with them? San Diego, as well as a number of others, including me, had no confidence in their decision making ability based on that long history.

I think we are all hopeful that the Baalke/Harbaugh hires represent a turning point. But I can understand why some of us may remain cautious. I can also understand why San Diego looked askance at this recent decision of H. to aoid the Senior Bowl. Although it may be defendable, on the surface it still appeared puzzling.

San Diego's outlook, even though it may be unpopular, is no less a valuable contribution to this forum than those who remain passionate critics of Alex Smith.

So you are saying anybody that knows somebody or worked for somebody is guilty by association? Blame the sins of the father (or mother) on the son? Every Japanese should pay for pearl harbor, every white guy should pay for slavery etc.?

Jed should not be lumped in with his dad. Just as Baalke should not be lumped in with Scott. They should be judged based on their actions. We all loved Eddie-but look at how much time needed and how much he messed up before getting Walsh!

My experience in life is that those who are very critical without looking at all the facts very rarely can live up to their own expectations are angry cause they themselves are failures, so to feel better about themselves they lash out small things. SD is like Nolan-micro picking and managing.

I am not saying Harbaugh is right or wrong, but to act like the sky is falling. As I said, it is the way he says it. Then when you give a counterpoint-instead of just saying point taken, but I believe it might be served...he words his thing in such a way as the others don't know what they are talking about.

I have already stated the many reasons why I don't think this topic is one of critical mass, but I'll add-Hue Jackson is a new coach but is there, why? Because he is familiar with what is on the rooster. Even he stated in a later interview after initially saying that coaches should be here (at the college all star practice), that it is also dependent on the how familiar the coach is with the rooster and how much a person trusts his people. People who nitpick rarely succeed. Bill Walsh delegated and trusted others, but would interject only if he thought otherwise. He had a plan and would follow that plan. Harbaugh has a plan and is following it. I would be more worried if Harbaugh became wishy washy just to please the webzone opinion.
Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com says 2011 marks the first time in recent memory a 49ers coaching staff has not attended Senior Bowl practices. General manager Trent Baalke: "Well, there's nothing to that. If the coaches would've been on staff and ready to go, they'd certainly be down here. The reason they're not down here is because most of them just came in as of Monday and coach [Jim Harbaugh] just felt it was a better opportunity to get them all together, get them working on the schedule for the offseason."