There are 162 users in the forums

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Have you ever been to a game? Game film will give him the best view of the QB's performance. You can't loop the video of a QB's throwing motion from the stands or even the sidelines.

And you can't tell a QB's personality issues from film... Like Ryan Leaf's HEAD CASE issues or Alex Smith's non confidence or Jamarcus Russell's laziness.

So up close and personal is important.

Are you serious? Do you think San Diego, Oakland and US, didn't go to Senior Bowls and/or meet players in other ways to find out their personality when those picks were made?

You are talking about top 2 picks. You don't think at the Senior Bowl, and/or elsewhere, there were interviews and research? Are you kidding me?
And no one at this year's Senior Bowl is a top two pick kind of prospect, so there will be plenty of other chances to meet them. Pro days, private practices, the combine, etc...

Relax. Not every fear is founded in reality. Give the man and his staff a chance. Don't just criticize for the sake of it. At least let him TRY to do things his way and bash him if it doesn't work.

But for goodness sake, the season isn't even over yet, let alone the off-season, let alone the new season, where he may or may not do well.

Give the man a chance.

That's all we are saying.....

is give Jim a chance....

(everybody now)

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Because he wants to give you something to b***h and complain about.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by susweel:
Actuality SD raises a good point Harbaugh should be at the Senior bowl. I just don't trust Baalke having the final say on the roster and especially at QB.

This...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=81652

NFL coaching veterans Sean Payton of the Saints and Ken Whisenhunt of the Cardinals are in the Senior Bowl house. So are first-timer coaches Jason Garrett of the Cowboys and Hue Jackson of the Raiders.

Same goes for at least two defensive coordinators: ex-49ers DC Greg Manusky of the Chargers and ex-Raiders DC Rob Ryan of the Cowboys.

Entire coaching staffs are in Mobile, Ala. this week, as well, including the semi-assembled Raiders and Cowboys.

Just don't come expecting new 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and his new coaching staff. They stayed behind in Santa Clara while a big chunk of the league converged in Mobile, Ala. for this week's NFL-run all-star game.

So, is this a good or a bad thing?

New 49ers general manager Trent Baalke says this is the first day of work for Harbaugh's staff, which has come together the past two weeks. The feeling is they could get a lot more done at the office in terms of breaking down film and working on schemes than flying to Mobile for three or four days of practice.

Baalke is the one running the draft -- granted, with input from Harbaugh, coaches and an entire personnel department -- and he's the lead dog in a scout-heavy contingent of 49ers. He's the one with contractual control of the 53-man roster, and he's the one in charge of the draft. He's the one who absolutely must be here.

Still, more than a few NFL assistant coaches and scouts I spoke with today were surprised Harbaugh and his staff didn't make the trip. He's been out of the NFL since 2004. Most of his staff spent last season at Stanford.

With all the CBA uncertainty, there is a very real chance they will have nothing but time to sit around and work on film and scheme.

On the flip side, some think this shows Harbaugh trusts Baalke -- several have told me Baalke and Harbaugh think a lot alike. Harbaugh said Friday part of team-building his gaining trust between, among others, the coach and GM.

By leaving Baalke alone to do his job this week, Harbaugh appears to be showing he trusts Baalke. That's something Mike Singletary didn't do when things went bad last season.

On Tuesday, we'll take a look at the quarterbacks here at the Senior Bowl, most whom will be of great interest if the 49ers wait a few rounds draft an arm of the future.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=81652#ixzz1C2nVF0g7

Ouch. Wow...

NFL coaching veterans Sean Payton of the Saints and Ken Whisenhunt of the Cardinals are in the Senior Bowl house. So are first-timer coaches Jason Garrett of the Cowboys and Hue Jackson of the Raiders.

Same goes for at least two defensive coordinators: ex-49ers DC Greg Manusky of the Chargers and ex-Raiders DC Rob Ryan of the Cowboys.

Entire coaching staffs are in Mobile, Ala. this week, as well, including the semi-assembled Raiders and Cowboys.

Just don't come expecting new 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and his new coaching staff. They stayed behind in Santa Clara while a big chunk of the league converged in Mobile, Ala. for this week's NFL-run all-star game.

New 49ers general manager Trent Baalke says this is the first day of work for Harbaugh's staff, which has come together the past two weeks. The feeling is they could get a lot more done at the office in terms of breaking down film and working on schemes than flying to Mobile for three or four days of practice.

Baalke is the one running the draft -- granted, with input from Harbaugh, coaches and an entire personnel department -- and he's the lead dog in a scout-heavy contingent of 49ers. He's the one with contractual control of the 53-man roster, and he's the one in charge of the draft. He's the one who absolutely must be here.

Still, more than a few NFL assistant coaches and scouts I spoke with today were surprised Harbaugh and his staff didn't make the trip. He's been out of the NFL since 2004. Most of his staff spent last season at Stanford.

With all the CBA uncertainty, there is a very real chance they will have nothing but time to sit around and work on film and scheme.

On the flip side, some think this shows Harbaugh trusts Baalke -- several have told me Baalke and Harbaugh think a lot alike. Harbaugh said Friday part of team-building his gaining trust between, among others, the coach and GM.

By leaving Baalke alone to do his job this week, Harbaugh appears to be showing he trusts Baalke. That's something Mike Singletary didn't do when things went bad last season.

On Tuesday, we'll take a look at the quarterbacks here at the Senior Bowl, most whom will be of great interest if the 49ers wait a few rounds draft an arm of the future.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=81652#ixzz1C2nVF0g7

Ouch. Wow...

can we ban this guy already please? His non stop b***hing and complaining really brings down the forum. I seriously doubt he is even a 49er fan.
Originally posted by backontop:

Ouch. Wow...

can we ban this guy already please? His non stop b***hing and complaining really brings down the forum. I seriously doubt he is even a 49er fan.

Even the article confirms it. Entire coaching staffs are there. And other teams really question the move big time. Not just me.

Ouch. Wow...

Even the article confirms it. Entire coaching staffs are there. And other teams really question the move big time. Not just me.

Just start the Fire Harbaugh thread now. With you it is inevitable. Get your pitchfork and lynch mob ready lets get this guy fired!

www.fireharbaugh.com here we come.

Ouch. Wow...

Just start the Fire Harbaugh thread now. With you it is inevitable. Get your pitchfork and lynch mob ready lets get this guy fired!

No. I like Harbaugh and think he is the right HC. But this is a drastic error. There is no reason for him not to be there. It should be important to him and Baalke both that he be there. There are first time coaches there so it's no excuse.

Ouch. Wow...

No. I like Harbaugh and think he is the right HC. But this is a drastic error. There is no reason for him not to be there. It should be important to him and Baalke both that he be there. There are first time coaches there so it's no excuse.

DOWN WITH HARBAUGH!!!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure Harbs knows what he's doing. I kinda like the fact that he's arrogant enough to do what he thinks is a better use of his time.

Nolan and Singletary loved the senior bowl and they both got fired.
[ Edited by WestCoast on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:46 AM ]
Most of the players in the Senior Bowl have been already scouted enough that the coaches know their favorite brand of toothpaste. The Senior Bowl is a lot of hype to sell more hype and products on television. Gee, the 9ers are in so much trouble because their new coach is not doing what everybody else is doing.
I asked Matt M on twitter last night. He replied with it is surprising especially since we know the draft is the only thing that will happen.
Share 49ersWebzone