There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FS, SS positions?

Thoughts on this? Do we keep what we have a resign Goldson? Do we draft early like first 3 rounds? I don't believe there are any good FA's but I'm not 100% certain. I wouldn't mind re-signing Goldson for the right price and moving him to SS where I think he should be anyways and have Mays back him up. And I would start Reggie Smith at FS I think he would be pretty decent there.
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

I would be cool with that too
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

+ draft a rookie
Every safety on the roster is a back up. It's a problem.
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

Originally posted by carias416:
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

What you said.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

What you said.

Hopefully Mays can pick it up tho. He ain't playing to well either tho. Smith is a back-up.

Draft a top tier CB.
FS Clements
SS Mays
Originally posted by lamontb:
Every safety on the roster is a back up. It's a problem.

Everyone keeps talking about CB, like that's the reason our pass D sucks.

Did anyone watch the top Ds this year play without their free safeties? The Jets and Steelers both really struggled when they lost Leonhard and Polomalu. They have great Ds, but without those players their CBs look way more beatable.

My point is, I think what's really held the 9ers back for years is that we haven't had good safeties. I'd rather see us use a high pick on a free safety than a CB.

I said the same thing last year, btw, when I really wanted Earl Thomas. I still think Mays could be a good player, but I don't think he's ever going to be the type of center fielder that allows CBs to play with more confidence.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Every safety on the roster is a back up. It's a problem.

Everyone keeps talking about CB, like that's the reason our pass D sucks.

Did anyone watch the top Ds this year play without their free safeties? The Jets and Steelers both really struggled when they lost Leonhard and Polomalu. They have great Ds, but without those players their CBs look way more beatable.

My point is, I think what's really held the 9ers back for years is that we haven't had good safeties. I'd rather see us use a high pick on a free safety than a CB.

I said the same thing last year, btw, when I really wanted Earl Thomas. I still think Mays could be a good player, but I don't think he's ever going to be the type of center fielder that allows CBs to play with more confidence.

I wanted thomas also, however whats done is done. Where does Rahim Morris (I think thats his name, the S from UCLA figure to be drafted? I liked him, although this year he didn't do as well stats wise.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Every safety on the roster is a back up. It's a problem.

Everyone keeps talking about CB, like that's the reason our pass D sucks.

Did anyone watch the top Ds this year play without their free safeties? The Jets and Steelers both really struggled when they lost Leonhard and Polomalu. They have great Ds, but without those players their CBs look way more beatable.

My point is, I think what's really held the 9ers back for years is that we haven't had good safeties. I'd rather see us use a high pick on a free safety than a CB.

I said the same thing last year, btw, when I really wanted Earl Thomas. I still think Mays could be a good player, but I don't think he's ever going to be the type of center fielder that allows CBs to play with more confidence.

I wanted thomas also, however whats done is done. Where does Rahim Morris (I think thats his name, the S from UCLA figure to be drafted? I liked him, although this year he didn't do as well stats wise.

Rahim Moore. He should probably be the top safety and be a late first early second rounder. I wish we could get him, but he wont fall to our second. Trade back up?
Originally posted by RekeHavoc:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

What you said.

Hopefully Mays can pick it up tho. He ain't playing to well either tho. Smith is a back-up.

Draft a top tier CB.
FS Clements
SS Mays

Smith at free, Mayes at strong, sounds better Clements should stay at nickle corner, covering the slot or tight end.(if we dont let him go)
Originally posted by valrod33:
FS Reggie Smith
SS Taylor Mays


END THREAD

If thats the case be prepared to give up a lot big plays because in reality neither one of those guys are very good.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Every safety on the roster is a back up. It's a problem.

Everyone keeps talking about CB, like that's the reason our pass D sucks.

Did anyone watch the top Ds this year play without their free safeties? The Jets and Steelers both really struggled when they lost Leonhard and Polomalu. They have great Ds, but without those players their CBs look way more beatable.

My point is, I think what's really held the 9ers back for years is that we haven't had good safeties. I'd rather see us use a high pick on a free safety than a CB.

I said the same thing last year, btw, when I really wanted Earl Thomas. I still think Mays could be a good player, but I don't think he's ever going to be the type of center fielder that allows CBs to play with more confidence.

I wanted thomas also, however whats done is done. Where does Rahim Morris (I think thats his name, the S from UCLA figure to be drafted? I liked him, although this year he didn't do as well stats wise.

Rahim Moore. He should probably be the top safety and be a late first early second rounder. I wish we could get him, but he wont fall to our second. Trade back up?

I know safety is the discussion here but drafting and/or signing a fa CB is a bigger priority.There is the possibility Clements gets moved to SS or FS,his play at CB has been on the decline.
...