LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Lynch: Harbaugh seems committed to the run

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I believe this is going to be pretty accurate. The 9ers will continue to be a run-heavy team and why not. We have Gore, Dixon and I believe coach will get Westbrooke to re-sign. A big young OL that is better at run blocking than pass protecting.

Harbaugh will bring alot of new flavor and design to the offense but I don't think we will see that many more passes vs. runs as we saw this year with Sing.

The difference will be that Harbaugh will not run it up the middle 20 times a game and will bring the right personnel packages and call a much better game than Sing's clueless bunch ever did.

I look for Frank Gore to have a big season and for the 9ers to FINALLY start resting him and using their other RBs.

Article says Harbaugh and the new OL coach use complex blocking schemes to open up the run game. That along with a competent passing game and the likes of Crabtree/VD being used properly this offense should be deadly. I say this trusting whatever QB selection Baalke/Harbaugh make.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=81422
[ Edited by matt49er on Jan 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He better throw the ball, I'm tired of all this running bull s**t.

Message to Harbaugh just chuck the ball.
I find this very hard to believe. Harbaugh may like to run the football, but I don't think it will be to the extreme level of what Singletary tried to do. The big difference is that I think Harbaugh's offense will run the ball more effectively.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I find this very hard to believe. Harbaugh may like to run the football, but I don't think it will be to the extreme level of what Singletary tried to do. The big difference is that I think Harbaugh's offense will run the ball more effectively.

with more creativity for sure.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Running toss plays, sure, but the instant I see Harbaugh run three straight runs up the middle I'll boo him.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Well considering the fact that we may have a rookie QB starting next year, this makes sense.

Bring along the offense slowly like the Jets did with Sanchez and the Steelers did with Big Ben

Oh wait, that's right... Singletary was fired.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 21, 2011 at 12:09 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO he looks like he favors balance.
Harbaugh is playing chess. He's doing this to make sure Gore comes into OTA's and training camp not feeling overwhelmed and feeling like his role has changed. Once the season starts, he's gonna do the ol' Dave Chapelle "gotcha b1tch" and pull the rug right from under Gore, who is known to whine about getting his rushing attempts. Get used to it Frankie. The "More Gore" running offense is dead. Get some time with that jugs machine and get used to catching and grabbing more balls via the pass.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 21, 2011 at 12:46 AM ]

Originally posted by crzy:
Well considering the fact that we may have a rookie QB starting next year, this makes sense.

Bring along the offense slowly like the Jets did with Sanchez and the Steelers did with Big Ben

this...or we could have Josh Johnson or Kolb both 1st time starters. Harbaugh will use the strength of this O I still believe it's the run game if used right with heavy TE usage.
Kevin Lynch is the worst writer in the Bay Area. So, I choose to ignore this article.
Originally posted by susweel:
He better throw the ball, I'm tired of all this running bull s**t.

Message to Harbaugh just chuck the ball.

i think he already mentioned somewhere about throwing to set up the run, plus his running plays are much more creative than Gore HB Dive
[ Edited by WestCoast on Jan 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM ]
Running isn't bad.

Running basically the same play with no attempt to create favorable matchups or disguise what is coming is bad.

Continuing to run your caveman running play for minimal gains while your opponent stacks the box and dares you to throw is really bad.

I doubt Harbaugh will use caveman running plays.
i like how Harbaugh hasnt even assembled his entire staff yet, and someone is already writing an article about what our offense is going to do next year.

WCO. thats all we know.
Share 49ersWebzone