LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

Please compare our coaching staff with the coaching staff of other NFL teams..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys know much more about this than I do, so I am asking - how we doin'?

I am absolutely amazed at the calibre of coaches we have. Of course, only tine will tell, but based on their resumes, aren't we doing very well in attracting quality coaches?

We have a shot at a great special reams coach - just as an example.
Harbaugh will command respect in the league and therefore attract bright, innovative coaches.......we will dominate once again.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 20, 2011 at 7:51 PM ]
I think Harbaugh's done a great job. However, to compare them to other teams all I can say is we have more ex-Stanford coaches.
Are coaching staff, is very very very smart, others, are very very very stupid!
Our coaching staff is very very very big, while other NFL staffs are quite small!
Our coaching staff is clean, squeaky clean very very very clean, ALL other coaching staffs are dirty, very very very dirty, they are the dirt that dirt wipes off it's dirty feet before entering it's dirty home!

also they are naughty, but not in the good way, our staff is naughty, but in a good way.

I think I have effectively answered the question, but I will ad that I understand our staff is quite tall...
I was thinking the same thing. But not league wise, NFC wise. We'll see the NFC West with all these added coaches once again compete there are so many upgrades in this division, I wouldnt be surprised if the 9ers dropped more than one divisional game .

I think when most coaches signed on to a NFC West team one of the pulls was the HCs and the potential on the rosters. But also because its the NFC West the weakest division during the regular season.

With more signings yet to come it would be interesting to see where every NFC West team is at in the coaching department.
I've been told that we have a very diverse coaching staff, where other teams do not.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I am absolutely amazed at the calibre of coaches we have. Of course, only tine will tell, but based on their resumes, aren't we doing very well in attracting quality coaches?

it's a very solid staff.. everyone from Vangio to Lovitt and now Seeley.... we may have one of the best in the league imo.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Our DC looks like the only hole, everyone else seems solid.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Mostly this!

I am also pleased that we can once again attract top tier coaching talent, next we will see if we can attract top tier Free Agent talent!
Originally posted by Chief:

How so?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

How so?

Well his history in the NFL and all 3 teams he has been a DC for went from middle of the pack to bottom 5 and he was fired from all 3 for being unable to keep a defense solid.

He will ruin our defense, hopefully we keep him just this year and upgrade one of the other guys.
  • Paul
  • Veteran

How so?

Well his history in the NFL and all 3 teams he has been a DC for went from middle of the pack to bottom 5 and he was fired from all 3 for being unable to keep a defense solid.

He will ruin our defense, hopefully we keep him just this year and upgrade one of the other guys.

yes he has been let go but take a closer look and he doesn't seem bad at all...

http://49ersnews.com/2011/01/vic-fangio-a-closer-look/
  • sfout
  • Veteran

No Fangio love? Why is that?
Things look really good with the hires that Harbaugh has made. However this is all on paper and as much as I am thrilled with what he has put together we will have to wait and see how this goes on the field.
I am really hoping this is for real.

How so?

I don't see how he ruined anyone's defense.

Carolina had an aged defense, because they were an expansion team, which performed well for a few years, but when Kevin Greene, Lamar Lathon and Sam Mills got old, the D just wasn't the same. Not to mention Lathon retired in 98, Greene left for the Niners in 97 for 1 year, and Mills retired in 97.

The Colts had crappy personnel when he was there.

Houston was also an expansion team and a bunch of junk on D, with some future high pick draft busts on the roster. Living in Houston, I can tell you that the Texans have never had good personnel on defense. Only recently, with Mario Williams and Cushing, do they have any kind of defense, but they still suck.

So, I don't think it is fair to call him crappy. If you did, you would have to call Dom Capers pretty crappy, since he was the HC of both Carolina and Houston when Fangio was there. Since Capers was a defensive guy, he probably had a big hand in the defense at both locations. However, Capers isn't a crappy DC. So, who knows about Fangio?
Share 49ersWebzone