LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

Does Candlestick Park have an abnormal amoun of Old fans?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • hb123
  • Veteran
who ever goes to the stick paid to be there, so they bought their right to scream all they want! its a sporting event, no one should be surprised to hear screaming fans.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I hate old people in general...

So eventually you'll hate yourself and bash yourself in the head?
i can understand if someone's being a drunk ass moron, but if we're on D and it's a critical point in the game, get your ass up and make some noise!! I've found that I'm often the only one in my area cheering my ass off on critical downs.

also, whoever controls the big screen and sounds, if a f**king moron! They put up the "make some noise" sign on 1st downs, but not on 3rd?? WTF??
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I've been told to sit down a few times, and I haven't. Either buy better seats, stand up, or shut the f**k up.

The point of being at a football game is to stand and cheer. I bet those people sit down at concerts too. Retarded.

You can cheer all you want, as loud as you want. You can stand up on a break away run, that wouldn't bother me, but there is a difference between cheering hard and being obnoxious to other fans. Some people stand too much even when nothing is really going on if fans are meant to stand then we should do away with the seats. Niner fans are placid when you see them on TV, but again being an a$$hole to your fellow niners just because you like being told what to do is simply inconsiderate. However, if it is an enemy fan then by all means

All I am saying is you can be rowdy, but still be cool, considerate without being a dick. I won't judge any fan unless I saw exactly what they were actually doing cause it might be nothing, then again....
Originally posted by WildBill:
I've been told to sit down a few times, and I haven't. Either buy better seats, stand up, or shut the f**k up.

The point of being at a football game is to stand and cheer. I bet those people sit down at concerts too. Retarded.

You can cheer all you want, as loud as you want. You can stand up on a break away run, that wouldn't bother me, but there is a difference between cheering hard and being obnoxious to other fans. Some people stand too much even when nothing is really going on if fans are meant to stand then we should do away with the seats. Niner fans are placid when you see them on TV, but again being an a$$hole to your fellow niners just because you like being told what to do is simply inconsiderate. However, if it is an enemy fan then by all means

All I am saying is you can be rowdy, but still be cool, considerate without being a dick. I won't judge any fan unless I saw exactly what they were actually doing cause it might be nothing, then again....

I do agree with this.
I think so because the 49 faithful is full of people from the old days cause thats we were good. The new age people dont want to cheer for a loser, so its our fault for too many old people at our games, maybe if we start winning than we wouldnt have this problem.
I dont think that we have an abnormal amount of old fans, i think we have an abnormal amount of new baby ass fans. That cries at every move made that they dont like. If they dont like a player they cry and talk about them like a dog.

Because I will say this, i'm not that Old, but I dont remember one time, even when we went 2-14, where fans actually booed one player, and called for another in a primetime televised game. That showing that day, let me know that we are definitely away from the fans of old.

In my opinion this new class of fan, disses, disrespects, and only care about their own opinion. And throw away any rational thought that objects to their way of thinking.

So overall, no, not by any means of abnormal old fans. If anything I think its the fans of old, that still hold the niner pride true, no matter how bad things get. We used to have the motto ride or die with a niner. And that was the motto. Now it's like ride or die with a particular player, and if that doesnt work, then boo, and all that other crazy s**t.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:59 AM ]

^^ Yup.

An older woman sits next to me. She watches with binoculars and listens to the play by play on the radio. She cheers whenever there is a big play or when a defensive stand is needed. She stands when she can, particularly for big moments. I've never seen her leave early or complain about rowdy people that buy single game tickets.

Look, whether you are young or old, rowdy or quiet, just don't be a dick.
Originally posted by cypherninja:

^^ Yup.

An older woman sits next to me. She watches with binoculars and listens to the play by play on the radio. She cheers whenever there is a big play or when a defensive stand is needed. She stands when she can, particularly for big moments. I've never seen her leave early or complain about rowdy people that buy single game tickets.

Look, whether you are young or old, rowdy or quiet, just don't be a dick.

Exactly! Too many ruin it for everyone else.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Nobody complains about the noise or standing as long if it is half-way appropriate.

There is a difference between being a loud and supportive fan and being an obnoxious self-centered drunk standing and yelling obscenities for an entire game.

Some people have to learn how to drink and act like a man and not like a punk who is mentally lost after a couple of drinks

My last four games have been at Qwest in Seattle and crowd noise has never bothered me, in fact the place was built to amplify noise. It's the people who come to the games drunk and then continue to drink that ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us.
There's that mentality that "anything goes because it's football" and a much higher percentage of out of control knuckleheads.
Sunday and Monday night games are even worse because you have more time to drink.

Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Nobody complains about the noise or standing as long if it is half-way appropriate.

There is a difference between being a loud and supportive fan and being an obnoxious self-centered drunk standing and yelling obscenities for an entire game.

Some people have to learn how to drink and act like a man and not like a punk who is mentally lost after a couple of drinks

My last four games have been at Qwest in Seattle and crowd noise has never bothered me, in fact the place was built to amplify noise. It's the people who come to the games drunk and then continue to drink that ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us.
There's that mentality that "anything goes because it's football" and a much higher percentage of out of control knuckleheads.
Sunday and Monday night games are even worse because you have more time to drink.
Well thank your lucky stars our american football fans are nowhere near the retards of European soccer fans If you are a soccer fan ppphhhhhhfffffftttttt-don't give a $hit!

Well thank your lucky stars our american football fans are nowhere near the retards of European soccer fans If you are a soccer fan ppphhhhhhfffffftttttt-don't give a $hit!

Yeah, rioting and killing each other takes it to that next level.

^^ I went to a MNF game at Qwest a few years ago. My friend got carded for his beer on the concourse after just purchasing it. I guess the cops know things can get out of hand at that stadium.

You are right about the noise. It is pretty awesome to experience even if you are being drowned out rooting for the opposition.

A Seahawks fan sitting next to me did his best to heckle me all night. It was a pretty good back and forth. Towards the end of the game, he let me know that he hoped I wasn't offended. I've had a similar experience at most stadiums. Most people have not been douches. Maybe I am just lucky.
I've never been to a game at stick but went the niners at minnesota game last year when Favre broke my heart. I have to tell you, while I will always be a niner fan I think our fans are sad compared to those at Seattle, Minnesota,and Kansas City. I went to the game ready for a-holes giving me crap. While the ticket man told me my team sucked Ace, and some guy kept saying creepy things while I was taking a piss in General they were very very good peeps. Laid back and friendly even talking shop about the game of football, and Niners glory years. But when it was third down that place shook. When the niners were getting ready to snap I couldn't hear myself fart. Long story short, old, rich. poor, whatever we will never be the team we could be with fans like we have. Seattle fans literally gave them a shot in the playoffs because they knew how to be fans.

I am hoping the new stadium loses the fluffs and we can recreate what it means to be fans.
Some older fans are cool, they'll hold good conversation and talk football, hell some even buy you beer, but sometimes youve got some fossils who fart in their chair and are grumps... i dont understand why they keep fans from trying to have a good time at the game. When I'm drunk I like to yell "NINNNNEERRRSSSS" and tug on my Steve Young throwback. So you old geezers out there... suck it.
[ Edited by Faceless on Jan 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone