There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays at OLB?

so how many more pages befor this sucker gets locked. i dont even think it will make it to 4
That wouldn't even work in Madden.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
so how many more pages befor this sucker gets locked. i dont even think it will make it to 4

So...if you are Harbaugh, what do you do with Mays? When he was the coach at Stanford and they played USC, they toasted the guy.

Like I said, I'm just trying to suggest a different approach with him. Not saying I'm right but it is becoming obvious is that Mays has some serious issues in coverage. I just don't want the Niners to waste a second round pick on someone that can't help the team. Therefore, I'm just trying to find ways the team can put him in a position to succeed and help.

If you don't agree, that's cool but at least tell us what you would do with him.
Don't just criticize man, give us something reasonable.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM ]
In a 4-3.
May's best hope lies in the ability of the coaches to teach him to have good vision. The kid studies hard and puts in the effort. Let's see what good coaches can do with him.

A high priced project...but that's exactly what he is..an athletic project.
the 49ers fan make an suggest the Taylor Mays move new at OLB? WTF?? You can't tell me pls.. you are not a coach with your own!! Duh!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
the 49ers fan make an suggest the Taylor Mays move new at OLB? WTF?? You can't tell me pls.. you are not a coach with your own!! Duh!

Buzz gets me everytime. I'm half way through reading his posts for the second time before I look over and see who wrote it.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
May's best hope lies in the ability of the coaches to teach him to have good vision. The kid studies hard and puts in the effort. Let's see what good coaches can do with him.

With a cap hit of 500k, i wouldn't call him high priced.
LINK
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

With a cap hit of 500k, i wouldn't call him high priced.
LINK

I actually meant in terms of where he was drafted as opposed to salary. But yeah, I could have been more clear.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

So...if you are Harbaugh, what do you do with Mays? When he was the coach at Stanford and they played USC, they toasted the guy.

Like I said, I'm just trying to suggest a different approach with him. Not saying I'm right but it is becoming obvious is that Mays has some serious issues in coverage. I just don't want the Niners to waste a second round pick on someone that can't help the team. Therefore, I'm just trying to find ways the team can put him in a position to succeed and help.

If you don't agree, that's cool but at least tell us what you would do with him.
Don't just criticize man, give us something reasonable.

first, mays is to lite in the azz. idc how much weight they would try to put on him he doesnt have the bulk to be effective at the LOS.
second, the same coverage issues that he had at safety would follow him right on down to LB. lack of instinct, slow to change direction, poor ball skills, questionable ability to make the play in the open field. imho LB have less time to react to what they see in regards to their instincts because they are closer to the LOS, once again this was not one of may's strong points even when playing 15 yards off the LOS.
third, they would be attempting to change the way he looks at the game, though a DB's eyes. different pos have to look/diagnose/process plays through different sets of glasses (if that makes sence).
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM ]
  • MILFS
  • Veteran

Let's make it to 4. Let's shut this punk up