There are 274 users in the forums

Lack of diversity on new coaching staff - a concern?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lack of diversity on new coaching staff - a concern?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
I wish this topic was taken a bit more seriously. I understand why frustrated fans don't want to hear this now. They just want the team to win and will support whatever can help achieve that outcome, even if it is not politically correct. I get it. However, I believe that Harbaugh's staff would actually be a bit more credible to the players if there were at least a couple of minority coaches on the staff.

Let us not forget that Bill Walsh was a pioneer in hiring and promoting minority coaches on his staff. In fact, he was recognized for this during and after his coaching career and it was one of the great legacies he left behind. In other words, the Niner organization has a rich history of this practice and IMHO, it would be a shame if Harbaugh didn't at least try to follow in the footsteps of his mentor. Just my take...

SO your saying Harbaugh is a racist.

lol. Well, he had Josh Johnson as his main QB, so I'm pretty sure he's not going out of his way to whiteify the Niners. (Is that a word?)
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
I wish this topic was taken a bit more seriously. I understand why frustrated fans don't want to hear this now. They just want the team to win and will support whatever can help achieve that outcome, even if it is not politically correct. I get it. However, I believe that Harbaugh's staff would actually be a bit more credible to the players if there were at least a couple of minority coaches on the staff.

Let us not forget that Bill Walsh was a pioneer in hiring and promoting minority coaches on his staff. In fact, he was recognized for this during and after his coaching career and it was one of the great legacies he left behind. In other words, the Niner organization has a rich history of this practice and IMHO, it would be a shame if Harbaugh didn't at least try to follow in the footsteps of his mentor. Just my take...

SO your saying Harbaugh is a racist.

Credibility is not color related.
we can get a black guy later
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I noticed it to but I doubt it will be a factor. Harbaugh had a black OC and 3 black position coaches at Stanford. He had a black QB at San Diego. He is going to hire the best coaches.

Mike Singletary has token black guys Vantz Singletary and Al Harris and really all-around, not very good coaches. I am sure the players noticed and want good coaches to coach them.

Wait... we're talking about ethnicity?

s**t... I thought we were looking for diversity...

Why limit yourself?

Here is our new special teams coach:

Well there are not very many Mexican, Asian, Filipino, etc, etc, coaches out there.

Most people in those cultures play baseball and soccer in their home countries. When they come here most parents will push their kids toward those sports. The large immigration of those races to this country started 35 years ago, I would think it will take a few more generations to get more diversity among kids interested in football.

You also have to take in account natural genetic dispositions. Many races naturally tend to be on the smaller size, which limits one potential in certain size dependent sports.

Explain the nono please. Are you denying genetic inheritance?

f**k no! Born and raised in Northern California, but my Mexican heritage and culture flows through my veins for the rest of my life!

Nono to your racist generalization comments about the races listed above being smaller and not capable of playing football. Thats racist and f**king bulls**t! I'm 6'1 220lbs and my brother is 6'4 260. A group of nothing but my Mexicans friends play every other Sunday including this Sunday. I invite you to come see if we are "genetically challenged"!

I bet the smallest dude in our group could bend your crooked-ass, tea-loving, teeth back into place.

LOL, wow you are taking what English said the wrong way. He never said they were not capable of playing(Patrick Chung for example i think is Asian and isnt Hines Ward? also the Chargers have a mexican OL) All he is saying is that their body types tend to be smaller which could lead them away from Football.
Jed: A lot of you have been hearing the affiliates complaining about a lack of diversity on the coaching team.

"What in the hell's diversity?"

Ron Burgundy: Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Jed: Ron, I would be surprised if people were concerned about the lack of an old, old wooden ship, but nice try.
I noticed it to but I doubt it will be a factor. Harbaugh had a black OC and 3 black position coaches at Stanford. He had a black QB at San Diego. He is going to hire the best coaches.

Mike Singletary has token black guys Vantz Singletary and Al Harris and really all-around, not very good coaches. I am sure the players noticed and want good coaches to coach them.

Why limit yourself?

Well there are not very many Mexican, Asian, Filipino, etc, etc, coaches out there.

Most people in those cultures play baseball and soccer in their home countries. When they come here most parents will push their kids toward those sports. The large immigration of those races to this country started 35 years ago, I would think it will take a few more generations to get more diversity among kids interested in football.

You also have to take in account natural genetic dispositions. Many races naturally tend to be on the smaller size, which limits one potential in certain size dependent sports.

f**k no! Born and raised in Northern California, but my Mexican heritage and culture flows through my veins for the rest of my life!

Nono to your racist generalization comments about the races listed above being smaller and not capable of playing football. Thats racist and f**king bulls**t! I'm 6'1 220lbs and my brother is 6'4 260. A group of nothing but my Mexicans friends play every other Sunday including this Sunday. I invite you to come see if we are "genetically challenged"!

I bet the smallest dude in our group could bend your crooked-ass, tea-loving, teeth back into place.

Dude, calm down. You are the one spurting racial slurs and threatening people, which is ironic.

No one said all of any race was short. If you look at statistics, people in different parts of the world have an average height and weight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_adult_height_around_the_world). And this includes a variation based on race within those regions. This is due to sharing a similar genetic pool. Of course there will be variance and deviation from the average, but that happens all the time in nature and why an average is required.

But, whatever, can't reason with a racist.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM ]
Not a problem. NOW if we end up with 2 white corners it might be a problem!
Originally posted by valrod33:

Why limit yourself?

LOL, wow you are taking what English said the wrong way. He never said they were not capable of playing(Patrick Chung for example i think is Asian and isnt Hines Ward? also the Chargers have a mexican OL) All he is saying is that their body types tend to be smaller which could lead them away from Football.

I don't think so Valrod. Here is what he wrote:

"You also have to take in account natural genetic dispositions. Many races naturally tend to be on the smaller size, which limits one potential in certain size dependent sports."

I'm not disposed in any way and him making generalizations about the races above, which includes you and I, is offensive. At least to me it is.
But this guy is our WR coach:

• Envy
  • Veteran

Why limit yourself?

"You also have to take in account natural genetic dispositions. Many races naturally tend to be on the smaller size, which limits one potential in certain size dependent sports."

I'm not disposed in any way and him making generalizations about the races above, which includes you and I, is offensive. At least to me it is.

Absolutely nothing to be offended about. He is citing cold, hard scientific and statistical evidence that shows that people of other races tend to have different body types. That's not racist. He's not saying BECAUSE of your heritage you CAN'T do something, he's saying that people of certain heritages tend to have a disadvantage due to their genetics.

How you found that racist to me is quite honestly amazing.
without reading this thread, what is the OP looking for...like a bich or something?

Why limit yourself?

Dude, calm down. You are the one spurting racial slurs and threatening people, which is ironic.

No one said all of any race was short. If you look at statistics, people in different parts of the world have an average height and weight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_adult_height_around_the_world). And this includes a variation based on race within those regions. This is due to sharing a similar genetic pool. Of course there will be variance and deviation from the average, but that happens all the time in nature and why an average is required.

But, whatever, can't reason with a racist.

So he can make racial slurs and generalizations and I cant cause all of a sudden I'm the racist? Dude, f**k you!

Categorizing or generalizing comments because of someones race is racism. That's what he did.
Originally posted by norcal49er864:

Why limit yourself?

Absolutely nothing to be offended about. He is citing cold, hard scientific and statistical evidence that shows that people of other races tend to have different body types. That's not racist. He's not saying BECAUSE of your heritage you CAN'T do something, he's saying that people of certain heritages tend to have a disadvantage due to their genetics.

How you found that racist to me is quite honestly amazing.

Let me guess... You are white?

Why limit yourself?

what he is saying is a fact. Just bc you are not small, doesnt mean most central american/mexican latinos are not smaller/shorter than most Europeans.
Share 49ersWebzone