There are 224 users in the forums

John Morton Hired as Wide Recievers Coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another guy Harbaugh feels very comfortable with...good experience, both as a player and coach. Our WR corps needed a breath of fresh air from Sullivan...looks like they'll get it.
Great, coach up Crabtree, Morgan, Ziggy, then draft Salas!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by boast:
man he got old......and white

Sosa looks so creepy now...

thats sammy sosa

He looks more like Alejandro Sosa.

"Hey hey, who the F you think you talkin to huh?! You wanna f with me?! Who the f you think I am, your f'n bellboy? You wanna go to war? We'll take you to war, OK?"

Tony should have never went to war with Sosa.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's exactly who i thought of when i first seen the title LOL

dido that lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The real John Morton:

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's exactly who i thought of when i first seen the title LOL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by boast:
man he got old......and white

Sosa looks so creepy now...

thats sammy sosa

He looks more like Alejandro Sosa.

"Hey hey, who the F you think you talkin to huh?! You wanna f with me?! Who the f you think I am, your f'n bellboy? You wanna go to war? We'll take you to war, OK?"

Tony should have never went to war with Sosa.

Yah worst move ever.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
After the Raiders failed to extend his contract, Morton explored coaching in college for the first time in his career. The University of San Diego hired Jim Harbaugh as their head coach. Like Morton, Harbaugh also began his coaching career with the Raiders. When Harbaugh first arrived in Oakland, he trained under Morton, taking his old position when John moved up to be the receivers coach.

When Harbaugh took the USD job, he needed someone to be his passing game coordinator and receivers coach. Morton was the perfect fit.

"It was awesome," Morton said about this new opportunity. "It was the first time I was ever coaching in college."

During his short stint there he loved the family atmosphere of the college game. He was only around during the football season so he didn't have to recruit, but something about the college environment appealed to Morton.

Besides his coaching duties, Morton was also given the task of calling all of the plays.

"We had a great relationship and it was a great experience for me," Morton said. "Taking all of the knowledge that I have learned and being able to put it out there on the field."

Quote:
Before his time with USD, Coach Morton stopped in to check out one of Carroll's practices. He came away extremely impressed with the tempo and energy of the Trojan practices.

"I have always been around high energy and high tempo practices," he said. "That is what I learned from John Gruden, tempo, tempo, tempo."

Morton not only loved the tempo but also the high level of competition.

He went back and told Coach Harbaugh how the Trojans handled practices, "There is a reason why these guys are the best."

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=646288
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
It's not Jerry Rice...

Funny webzone fans Rice may not make a good coach
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Aother Hawaii 49er fan joins the webzone!

Originally posted by sf9ermike68:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
It's not Jerry Rice...

Funny webzone fans Rice may not make a good coach

;oking brah no worries.
We just went from the most predictable offense in the league with one OC designing everything and that game plan being simplified even more by tweedle-Sing to now having a Run-Game-Coordinator, Pass-Game-Coordinator, Offensive Coordinator with the HC calling the plays most of the time.

I'm just happy we will be unpredictable.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We just went from the most predictable offense in the league with one OC designing everything and that game plan being simplified even more by tweedle-Sing to now having a Run-Game-Coordinator, Pass-Game-Coordinator, Offensive Coordinator with the HC calling the plays most of the time.

I'm just happy we will be unpredictable.

I just like the idea of having 3 or 4 guys who can all call plays in there to change it up if we need to... No more running Frank into a wall over and over.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Aother Hawaii 49er fan joins the webzone!

Yea, but you agree with me though huh.
Share 49ersWebzone