There are 219 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree 2010 Season Video...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I much appreciate your work, Marvin. With Alex going to another team, I will not be able to enjoy watching him in action much. With your clips I can go back from time to time and watch Alex at his best - a thing of beauty, and I am not being facetious. (Boy, do I enjoy provoking the Alex haters)

Now, 3, 2, 1 ...
Originally posted by excelsior:
I much appreciate your work, Marvin. With Alex going to another team, I will not be able to enjoy watching him in action much. With your clips I can go back from time to time and watch Alex at his best - a thing of beauty, and I am not being facetious. (Boy, do I enjoy provoking the Alex haters)

Now, 3, 2, 1 ...

As the OP of this thread, I only beg that this thread NOT become an Alex SMith thread. PLEASE!!
rob zombie/white zombie FTW!

good highlight video, man.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I might have another one in a week or so. I'm thinking of just doing a team highlight video with a Harbaugh theme to it. It will only have players that are most likely to come back next year. ;-)

where do you get all the HD quality film to make these? is it just from your DVR?
No hate towards the dude making the vid, but this doesn't show crabtrees true season..

All the drop/deflection INT's caused.. The lack of breakaway speed.. etc. This vid made alex look good though.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I might have another one in a week or so. I'm thinking of just doing a team highlight video with a Harbaugh theme to it. It will only have players that are most likely to come back next year. ;-)

where do you get all the HD quality film to make these? is it just from your DVR?

I capture it myself from my DVR.
Gotta have a breakout season next year. No doubt. Has to happen. He's too good of a player.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for fly15.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I love Crabtree

I think he is gonna have a breakout year next year in the West Coast Offense

I always thought your love was Alex....
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I love Crabtree

I think he is gonna have a breakout year next year in the West Coast Offense

I always thought your love was Alex....

i can love more than one
  • Dino
  • Veteran
nice work man

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Crabtree was not impressive this year. That video showed he has about zero YAC ability.

Dude, are you like really, really serious?

Crabtree was Top 10 (#8) in the NFL this year for YAC/catch for receivers w/ >50 catches this year.

If you want to go down to 40 catches, he's Top 11, and Josh Morgan (now eligible w/ 44 catches) is top 3 in the NFL.

Vernon Davis was also #1 in the NFL for YAC/catch this year for TEs.

Basically, if you want to combine WRs and TEs and make the threshold 40 catches, we had three players in the top 15 in the NFL for YAC per catch this last season.*

I swear to god some of you don't even watch the games and just come here to senselessly complain.

*Which yes, is also Alex's fault.

EDIT: Stats here -- http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=WR&conference=NFL&year=season_2010&timeframe=All&sort=46&old_category=TE

pwn3d lol

So are you guys done with the high-fives and circle jerk yet?

Let me clarify a few things for you.

1. When I say zero, I dont literally mean zero. Crabtree's YAC in 2010 was 5.8. There are a lot of guys in the low 6 to 5 range so it's not like he's running away with it (No pun intended). My main point was to say unlike some of the "elite" recievers that I watched this weekend, he isn't that elusive and doesn't appear to be a threat to take it to the house when the ball is in his hand. Just watch the video Marvin made, he made a few miss, but it's not like he's juking people out of their socks. More often than not, he's tackeled around where he catches the ball. That's not good considering he's not a burner or deep threat. At this point he is more of a possession reciever.
2. Crabtree was a top 10/11 pick. I'm judging him a lot harsher than a player like Josh Morgan. A player taken in the top ten should be elite, period.
3. We all know that Alex Smith only throws to recievers when they are wide open... (I thought you'd like that).
4. The fact that Davis and Morgan are so high on the YAC list leads me to believe I'm not expressing myself well enough. I was thinking of YAC more in terms of "after contact" or with defenders around you. Davis is fantasic when he is allowed to run, but the guy is like a rusty robot when it comes to eluding defenders with the ball in hand. I dont know that I've ever seen him make significant yards if he has to make people miss and thats how I think of Crabtree.

Pwnd, maybe. But he still hasn't shown me anything more than I would expect from a solid 2nd WR.
sweet vid man!!! Is it F'n September yet???
Why couldn't Singletary just utilize the talent we had? I bet if our receivers got more balls thrown their way we would have sustained drives longer making it easier on the o line and on Gore. Maybe we didn't have to sub Gore out, maybe we just had to evenly distribute the balls to our playmakers. Those days are over! Superbowl here we come.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
No hate towards the dude making the vid, but this doesn't show crabtrees true season..

All the drop/deflection INT's caused.. The lack of breakaway speed.. etc. This vid made alex look good though.

Agree. You should do a blooper one with Crabtree playing "volleyball"
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Agree. You should do a blooper one with Crabtree playing "volleyball"

lol, there is definitely enough footage of him to make such a video.
Share 49ersWebzone