LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

How many years before Harbaugh turns us around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
If Carrol can win the division at 7-9 and win a playoff game, Harbaugh better get us to our first winning season since 2002 and hopefully win the division and a playoff game..

isn't 8-8 a winning season? Didn't we go 8-8, 2 years ago?

How can .500 be considered a winning season? You won as much as you lost.

I'm just sayin, Ask the people that made the rules...
Quote:

After an up and down season, featuring many close games, the 49ers posted an 8-8 record, the team's first non-losing season since 2002.
If Carrol can win the division at 7-9 and win a playoff game, Harbaugh better get us to our first winning season since 2002 and hopefully win the division and a playoff game..

Quote:

After an up and down season, featuring many close games, the 49ers posted an 8-8 record, the team's first non-losing season since 2002.

I think that just means what it says. 8-8 is a non losing season, but it's not a winning one either.
"the 49ers posted an 8-8 record, the team's first non-losing season since 2002."

Referring to 8-8 as a "non-losing record" is a joke. Is 8-8 a winning record? Case closed.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
"the 49ers posted an 8-8 record, the team's first non-losing season since 2002."

Referring to 8-8 as a "non-losing record" is a joke. Is 8-8 a winning record? Case closed.

Its not really a losing season either.......it's a win lose season
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I was reading the 2011 expectations thread and it got me wondering. If things don't turn around as quickly as you would like how long will you give Jim to turn it around? Personally I will give him at least 4 years to turn it around. Nolan was givien 3.5 and Sing was given 2.5, so I think Jim at least get that amount of time if not more. Luckily I would be supprised it took that long. I don't know if we will get instant results, but I think we will see a big jump between year 1 and 2. Year 1 might be a little to soon though with a new system, no QB, and the CBA lockout looming. Despite these factors the optimist in me is hoping for at least an 8-8 record but we'll see. I just wanted to see how long of a leash the rest of you will allow before you turn negative and nasty.

MODS: I know this post is kind of related to the 2011 expectations post, but thought it was different enough since it delt with Harbaugh and looked beyoned 2011, but if you need to merge the threads please do so. Thank you.

You want to know how long before NinerTalk turns negative and nasty?!! Well, what time is it now?
everything depends on the qb

Quote:

8-8 is not a winning record, it's not a losing record either.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Depends on how long it takes him to locate a legit QB.

This.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Depends on how long it takes him to locate a legit QB.

This.

also depends on how long the CBA takes to be fixed. For the last 14 seasons there have been 5 new teams in the playoffs every year, so it could be a quick turnaround.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by jrg:
This year

Originally posted by WestCoast:
everything depends on the qb

Everything does not depend on the QB. (God I sound like Singletary now) There are a lot of people on here who seem to think this way. This team has other issues that need to be addressed. The secondary, pass rush, O line, WR. Crabtree is not a legit #1, aside from other things, he apparently lacks the desire and work ethic to be elite. I'm curious to see if he's milking injuries in training camp under Harbaugh. Morgan will never be great and Ginn will never be a WR. I know this post is negative and I hate to bash this team. I love the Niners with every bit of my being but people need to be realistic about the state of this team. The bottom line is it's not about non losing seasons or even making the playoffs. This team used to be about Championships. If we didn't win the Superbowl, no matter what our record, the season was a loss. That's where we need to get back to. I haven't been this hopeful about this team for years. I love the Harbaugh hire, i love the hires he's made thus far. I hope he lives up to the hype. I'm willing to give the guy time to point us in the right direction, but anything less than #6 isn't good enough and it's going to take more than a QB to make this team elite.
with our division even though it seems Seattle and Rams are on the rise I would be disappointed if we dont start having some good success in year 2. we have the talent, people always pick us as favorites and we fall short and that was with horrible decision making and coaching. now we have no excuses with some good coaching and possible FO order. if we cant turn it around in say 2 years than we will know we dont have the talent we think we do.
9ers right now have the worst situation at QB in the league! The only Vet wont return and they arent drafting high enough to get the two QBs who can make a difference next year. I just hope they dont reach on a QB in the draft and screw up there entire draft.
Define "Turns us around." The Hawks have won 8 games this year. I think Harbaugh can accomplish that immediately. I'll also take that over being the falcons right now.
Share 49ersWebzone