LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Expectations for the 2011 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
~ New coach.
~ New system.
~ New QB - unsure about QB situation.

I just hope we build in the right direction. I don't expect much. We could certainly miss the playoffs. 6 - 10 to 8 - 8 is realistic.
New staff and system doesn't mean anything look how good the broncos were last year with mcdaniels and new qb orton is all on how fast the team buys into it and with smart qb that picks up fast on The playbook and very crisp wide outs who know how to run routes.also look at Seattle this year I think we r a qb away from the playoffs
  • dj43
Originally posted by sfninerfan:
New staff and system doesn't mean anything look how good the broncos were last year with mcdaniels and new qb orton is all on how fast the team buys into it and with smart qb that picks up fast on The playbook and very crisp wide outs who know how to run routes.also look at Seattle this year I think we r a qb away from the playoffs

If you want people to read your stuff, it would be helpful if you would punctuate it. I won't even attempt to try to discern what you have said here.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM ]
Sorry I'm on a cell phone not a computer
I expect a good year in this sorry division... I wouldn't be surprised to see up to 10 wins next season.
a nfl lockout
I think alot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised. If we had Harbaugh as the coach this year we would have easily gotten 2 more wins, if not more. Can we upgrade in certain areas? Yes! However, the coach and the Qb were the 2 big areas. The coach is fixed because we now have one that can make an effective gameplan, has good time management, knows offense and understands that you want to create mis-matches. We will have to wait and see who the Qb is but I trust Harbaugh with whatever Qb over the previous coaches.
I think people will surprised and excited for the Niners because you will start to see talent on this team that has not been utilized. I think we have drafted pretty well over the last couple of years but we didn't have a staff that could use them properly. I can't wait to see the Defense blitzing some more. I hated seeing a 3-4 D just sit there and play the run all the time.
I don't know if the record will be better or not but we will be compeitive for sure. Kind of like the browns or detroit from this year. They were pretty much in every game but you never knew what the outcome would be.
Share 49ersWebzone