LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Greg Roman named as 49ers offensive coordinator

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great piece on Greg Roman's influences . . . I'm jacked . . .

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_18826000

Here's what isn't a state secret: When Roman was a student at John Carroll University, near Cleveland, he and a handful of his teammates became enraptured by Dr. Thomas Evans, a terrorism expert whose violence and aggression class is among the most popular on campus. "We hit it off and he took us under his wing," Roman says now.

Evans would meet with players outside of class to share strategies from his CIA days that might translate to the football field. The emphasis wasn't military strategy but rather mental preparation, with Evans urging players to energize their "animal brain" for maximum reaction time. He also taught them how to overcome the traditional limits of pain and fatigue.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Here's what isn't a state secret: When Roman was a student at John Carroll University, near Cleveland, he and a handful of his teammates became enraptured by Dr. Thomas Evans, a terrorism expert whose violence and aggression class is among the most popular on campus. "We hit it off and he took us under his wing," Roman says now.

Evans would meet with players outside of class to share strategies from his CIA days that might translate to the football field. The emphasis wasn't military strategy but rather mental preparation, with Evans urging players to energize their "animal brain" for maximum reaction time. He also taught them how to overcome the traditional limits of pain and fatigue.

awesome read! always kind of assumed that Roman was more of a figurehead and that Harbs would be calling the plays, but Roman sure sounds like one smart badass in that article, and I'm glad there's going to be a two-headed monster running our offense. One more week!
Originally posted by HessianDud:

awesome read! always kind of assumed that Roman was more of a figurehead and that Harbs would be calling the plays, but Roman sure sounds like one smart badass in that article, and I'm glad there's going to be a two-headed monster running our offense. One more week!

Great read can't wait for week one

Yeah, it seems that he's a bit more than a figure head. The fact that he won't talk on tape about what the terrorism expert taught him about the "animal brain" cracks me up. He clearly believes that it's a tangible advantage . . . whatever it is exactly.

Yeah, it seems that he's a bit more than a figure head. The fact that he won't talk on tape about what the terrorism expert taught him about the "animal brain" cracks me up. He clearly believes that it's a tangible advantage . . . whatever it is exactly.

its funny how paranoid and secretive the team is, even about little things, and then you get the OC carrying top secret information about something crazy like animal brain and all you can say is, "o.....k." As long as all these secrets and arcane knowledge help us win football games, its all good.

singleterry called the animal brain "fysical"
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

singleterry called the animal brain "fysical"

Problem is, he had trouble shifting out of the animal brain, and into the cerebral "what should we do differently in the second half" brain.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Problem is, he had trouble shifting out of the animal brain, and into the cerebral "what should we do differently in the second half" brain.

Yup, he went from "animal brain" straight to "gotta look at the film" brain.

i think the real difference is that Roman is talking about accessing the animal part of the human brain, whereas Sing had the brain of an actual animal.

i think the real difference is that Roman is talking about accessing the animal part of the human brain, whereas Sing had the brain of an actual animal.

That would explain why he kept chewing on his nads

I'm calling it now: Greg Roman will interview for NFL Head Coaching vacancies this offseason.
Originally posted by redrathman:
I'm calling it now: Greg Roman will interview for NFL Head Coaching vacancies this offseason.

Rams will have zero success with their current OC and they will try to acquire Roman as HC and try to decipher the Niners.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

WE CAN NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST LOCK HIM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can send his ring in the mail next year.

I think he is going to be the next coach in Philly!
Share 49ersWebzone