LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Sources: Clements won't return under current deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The Prince will step in

hopefully peterson instead but if not then the prince.
Jeez, i hope the door doesn't hit him in the azz on the way out. Lock down corner? Nate? are you kidding me? He hasn't locked down anything except a grossly overpaid contract and good for him...but bad, real bad for the 9ers. Adios Nate, and good luck with that lock-down thing. You want more money? Well then go elsewhere, please, because we didn't get what we paid for. We got middle of the road performance, and at lockdown salary rates. In a word or two, we got screwed. Glad you are making this easy on us. We need talent back there, not reputations.
As I said in another thread. I really don't understand why so many people making a big deal of the Clements news? He was signed to a heavily backloaded contract. From day one, there was never a chance he would play that contract out. The guy is due over $7 million guaranteed and close to $8 million in "likely to reach" incentives. There was never a chance they would pay $15 million to a 31 year old corner. He knew, the team knew and most people that paid attention to the contract knew it.

This move was always the plan.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
As I said in another thread. I really don't understand why so many people making a big deal of the Clements news? He was signed to a heavily backloaded contract. From day one, there was never a chance he would play that contract out. The guy is due over $7 million guaranteed and close to $8 million in "likely to reach" incentives. There was never a chance they would pay $15 million to a 31 year old corner. He knew, the team knew and most people that paid attention to the contract knew it.

this...

how long was his contract, 7-8 years? I figured he'd make it to year 4 or 5 before he got let go.
man i like Nate, I hope he comes back. I the dude is a beast against the run and one of the reasons our run d is so good. I agree we gutta get another corner in hear, but i would also keep Nate. 3 good corners would be crucial!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
man i like Nate, I hope he comes back. I the dude is a beast against the run and one of the reasons our run d is so good. I agree we gutta get another corner in hear, but i would also keep Nate. 3 good corners would be crucial!

whether Nate stays or not is up to him. I'd keep him if he took the pay cut or if he moved to safety.
Originally posted by rob28:
The Prince will step in

Trade back imo
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
The Prince will step in

Trade back imo

if peterson is available no way we trade back.....if prince maybe but still would be a tough decision

If he knew then he should be willing to restructure

truth

Clements should stay. We need him to keep a physical backfield.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
The Prince will step in

Trade back imo

if peterson is available no way we trade back.....if prince maybe but still would be a tough decision

I would really question the move trading back if Peterson is available. WTF would we be trying to trade back for if not? There is not QB worth trading back for IMO over Patrick Peterson thats for damn sure.
not sure if you misread....i said no way if peterson is available....if it was a type and you meant if prince is there because i said maybe id be fine with trade back.....the reason for that is i like the cb talent in the second (they arent peterson or prince) but if we could land like von miller in the later first and get an extra second to grab say brandon burton that to me would be better than prince but not peterson
i was watching an old pro bowl skills competition from about 2004 today on NFLN where nate clements was a participant in the fastest man competition and actually advanced to the finals, now i wonder if he could out run justin smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by crabman82:
i was watching an old pro bowl skills competition from about 2004 today on NFLN where nate clements was a participant in the fastest man competition and actually advanced to the finals, now i wonder if he could out run justin smith

I wonder if he could out run Mike Iutpati.
Share 49ersWebzone