There are 245 users in the forums

Sources: Clements won't return under current deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by socal81:
This is no surprise: His cap figure is too high.

Still think that he'd make a great safety.

Agree

Yeah but Safety isn't about tackling, it's about covering. He would be biting on every misdirection. His is an effective under 15 yard CB.

Timmy MacDonald and Rod Woodson dislike this.

With more room to move, he'd be more effective.

That's because Rod Woodson covered so well he was able to make up for anything Tim McDonald would miss allowing Tim to focus on his hitting skillz.

Woodson was not a very good CB during his 1 year stint with the Niners. It wasn't until he left and went on to BAL and then OAK that he became a perennial Pro Bowl S and All-Pro S in 02'.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Agree

Yeah but Safety isn't about tackling, it's about covering. He would be biting on every misdirection. His is an effective under 15 yard CB.

That's because Rod Woodson covered so well he was able to make up for anything Tim McDonald would miss allowing Tim to focus on his hitting skillz.

Woodson was not a very good CB during his 1 year stint with the Niners. It wasn't until he left and went on to BAL and then OAK that he became a perennial Pro Bowl S and All-Pro S in 02'.

You are being nice. He straight up sucked that year.
If they can get him for an average starting CB salary then bring him back. The problem wasnt the DBs it was lack of pass rush. They need to spend 2 of there first 4 picks in the draft and maybe a FA pickup on a pas rusher. So tired of seeing opposing QBs having all day to throw.
I'd like to have Clements back, but he should not be among the top 5 paid corners in the league. Probably not even top 10.
this should be the very last time we sign or draft a cb who looks like martin lawrence
bet he ends up in seattle
Hopefully he's gonna take a pay cut if not,nextttt
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by txniner2:

He already said no to the pay cut.
He was never a shutdown corner and lacked elite speed. He's definitely on the downside and never was what was advertised. It's more important to have a fresh start, there are comparable talents worth a fraction of the cost.

I hope he does get cut because that gives us a better shot at actually drafting a top corner in the draft instead of reaching on a qb at 7.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by txniner2:

He already said no to the pay cut.

When?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I hope he does get cut because that gives us a better shot at actually drafting a top corner in the draft instead of reaching on a qb at 7.

I don't know, I'd rather have him restructure and be our #2 CB which would make Spencer our nickel back. The key is finding the #1 guy. I think it's just as important as finding a pass rusher.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Agree

Woodson played on the team in 1996 I believe which was still shortly after his ACL surgery so he wasn't back to where he would later be
restructure and move to FS.
Share 49ersWebzone