There are 170 users in the forums

Sources: Clements won't return under current deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
everyone mentions a paycut or even a huge paycut.....per report he would be poss earning up to 15 mill....what do you think would be an acceptable 2011 salary to bring him back

2-3 million
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
everyone mentions a paycut or even a huge paycut.....per report he would be poss earning up to 15 mill....what do you think would be an acceptable 2011 salary to bring him back

$3M to 4M. I think that's fair.
Letdown 22 probably still thinks that he's a top corner and will resist a pay cut. Great tackler but his coverage skills are steadily decresing by the year. He will go to whatever team offers him the most money.
Dam Nate would make 15 million next year. I think he goes down to 6 million a year at the lowest. This is like the Mike Lewis situation of last off season. It's either take a pay cut to a price you know you aren't gonna get anywhere else or we release you. Lewis had no leverage basically b/c of age and concussion concerns. I think Nae believe and probably could get decent money form another team. Just not sure what he and his agents will think is decent money.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM ]
Good. He has not played up to the hype.

LB
Seahawks will pick him up just like all our other players
Off we go to get Nnamdi NOW!

(I love these new smilies )
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Good hope he goes. What a dumbass for signing a contract that is so heavily back loaded. 49ers EXCELLENT job for the back loaded contract. Happy Trails to you, Happy Trails to you until we meet again....
5 million at most seems fair. Idk if he would take that much of a cut, but then again, what team would pay him more than that? If it doesn't work out, hello Asomougha .
As I have been stating for some time now, the Niners will need to look to the secondary early in the draft. It almost looks like it will come down to Peterson or Prince at number seven.

They simply can't pay a number two corner that amount of money, and I doubt Clements will take a hugh pay cut. I expect the Niners to lowball him pretty hard (maybe at $2.5-3 million/year) and the chasm between the two sides to be pretty extreme.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM ]

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Wouldnt be surprised. I hate that team more every time they do that.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by susweel:
Bye bye.......lock down.

Lol

Hello, Asomaugh
  • ZRF80

More likely Oakland........they will get him cheaper than Nnamdi....
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
As I have been stating for some time now, the Niners will need to look to the secondary early in the draft. It almost looks like it will come down to Peterson or Prince at number seven.

They simply can't pay a number two corner that amount of money, and I doubt Clements will take a hugh pay cut. I expect the Niners to lowball him pretty hard (maybe at $2.5-3 million/year) and the chasm between the two sides to be pretty extreme.

Agree 100%. I think Nate is gone as there is little chance he will take that big of a cut. Prince or Peterson makes a lot of sense unless Gabbert simply wows them and he is still available at #7.
i see Clements landing in AZ
Share 49ersWebzone