LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

UPDATED: I met Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crazy9ers:
I also met Jim Harbaugh in the Summer of 1996.
I was working at the Indianpolis International Airport as a screener prior to TSA. It was funny because we had a mandatory random check of every 5th passenger. It just so happened that the whole Colts team was flying for a preseason game.

When Harbaugh came walking through, I looked at my supervisor and he nodded yes, implying that Jimmy's bag needed to be check, I was like "holy F*#K, are you kidding me?" My boss kept nodding. So i go up to the man and say "Sorry sir, I know who you are, but it's a policy that we randomly check every other fifth person." He kinda looked at me, smiled and said "no problem, go ahead." Man, I didn't even look in his bag, just kinda felt around and sent him on his way. It was so embarassing, cause everyone was looking at me (harrassing Jimmy)..

After that, I looked at my boss and he kinda just laughed at me.. Oh well, that's my story.

You crazy!
I don't care you asked dumb questions I just think its cool you posted your impromtu interview on the webzone...

Thx

I never met him, but I attended a Stanford high school football camp back in the day and he was there (this is when he was at Palo Alto HS). He was a senior and I was a junior and he was known more for being a runner while he was in high school (option offense), not recruited at all and probably would not have gotten a scholarship if his dad was not a D1 coach. Only thing I remember is that he was very intense and just an average passer compared to the other QBs at camp, and he certainly did not stand out at all amongst the other QBs there. BTW, John Paye was at that camp and he was the "star" there with all the college scouts drooling over him, if you guys remember him, he truly was a man among boys while he was in HS. Just a stud with a rocket arm and phenomenal accuracy, too bad Elway's dad blew out his arm and ruined his chances for a pro career.
[ Edited by submoa on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM ]
harbaaaaauuuuugh!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
I was starstruck! I messed up

Sorry I took so long. I was at a Willie Nelson concert at the Fillmore.

Willie smokes excellent weed...

I also met Willie that night! He signed my cowboy hat...ya I'm on a roll.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I was starstruck! I messed up

Sorry I took so long. I was at a Willie Nelson concert at the Fillmore.

Willie smokes excellent weed...

I also met Willie that night! He signed my cowboy hat...ya I'm on a
roll.

Share 49ersWebzone