There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do You Support The Signing Of Harbaugh?

Do You Support The Signing Of Harbaugh?

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Personally, I thought Jimmy Johnson would be the perfect coach for this team at the moment BUT I support the hiring of Harbaugh and hope he brings some credibility back to the organization and accoutability from the players and cheers from the fans. We all deserve that!

Wasn't Johnson the last high profile college coach to have major success in the NFL? I personally wanted Billick, but am happy to see the Yorks finally open the wallet.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Personally, I thought Jimmy Johnson would be the perfect coach for this team at the moment BUT I support the hiring of Harbaugh and hope he brings some credibility back to the organization and accoutability from the players and cheers from the fans. We all deserve that!

Wasn't Johnson the last high profile college coach to have major success in the NFL? I personally wanted Billick, but am happy to see the Yorks finally open the wallet.

Barry Switzer

Yes tNot only will Harbaugh succeed but so will the WHOLE team...then the niners will lose all their coaches for HC positions and then Harbaugh will start to scramble to keep coaches
  • dj43
  • Veteran
He was the fans favorite for sure.

Having said that, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed next season, from what I am reading. Harbaugh isn't a miracle worker and there are parts of this team that need a miracle to fix. Baalke will have to be an absolute genius if we get a starting:

1. Pass rushing OLB
2. Cover corner
3. Speedy #1 receiver
4. FS
5. Trainee QB

in the draft

and DM in FA without having to expend a draft pick

and keep Lawson, Franklin and Goldson (for an appropriate price)

AND HARBAUGH:

puts all those pieces together IN ADDITION to coaching up just about every player and aspect of this team which have been ignored for 6 years.

If more than two of those draft needs are not fulfilled and any FA defections are not replaced, this team will be lucky to be a .500 team next year.

There is a lot of work to be done and 2012 is the most likely year to see a playoff spot again.
Best possible move for us at this time. He is fully capable of drafting and grooming our next QB. That being said, there are many forces working against him.

I have faith this could work out but first we must find that QB.
Of course. What's up with the seven percent who said no?
Yes!

Gruden was my first choice but Harbaugh was ahead of Billick for me.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Of course. What's up with the seven percent who said no?

probably would rather have someone with nfl HC experience.
Originally posted by danimal:
I voted NO.

This franchise desperately needed a retread HC and probably a retread GM too.

Harbaugh will end up the best out of the 4 York HCs....but will ultimately be one of the inferior HCs of the 2011-2013 campaigns.

Who ever gets the HC Jim Harbaugh beyond 2013 will be in really good shape though. It will probably be the Patriots or something.

The comment that the franchise desperately needed a retread HC and GM almost sounds like a sarcastic argument for the opposite . . .
I support this hire 100%

and as of now, in honor of this new generation of niners football, I will sign all my post with a "let go niners!!!"

so very exited for this 2011 season and the rest of this decade and hope that we can develop an aggressive, creative and physical team that can dominate the nfc west for the next 10 years...

let go niners....
I think Singletary was on the verge of breaking through the HC learning curve and would have taken us to the playoffs if we had just given him one more season to instill the winning spirit in our lazy players.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I voted NO.

Harbaugh will end up the best out of the 4 York HCs....but will ultimately be one of the inferior HCs of the 2011-2013 campaigns.

Who ever gets the HC Jim Harbaugh beyond 2013 will be in really good shape though. It will probably be the Patriots or something.

The comment that the franchise desperately needed a retread HC and GM almost sounds like a sarcastic argument for the opposite . . .

its because retread means you get what you expect because thats all they produced in the past.

We are in a 8 year playoff drought. Thus I equate the current state of this franchise to dictate what it is most desperate for.

A experienced steady hand at HC would bring us the best chances to end the playoff drought. Maybe even win a playoff game now and then. Retread means not to expect a Super Bowl. These are the HC's who have a lot of HC NFL Playoff experience but not a lot of rings or any.

So for a Franchise who just made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years, and they fire their HC and hire a retread like (Gruden, Holmgren, Billick, Cowher, Fisher etc)...RETREAD in that context carries an negative message...because the move is not likely an upgrade...rather more of the same....playoff games..no rings....retread.

Its too bad so many fans think of retread as a negative thing...because for our purposes a retread would be a god send. High chances for playoff appearances is exactly what we need
Originally posted by servegmo:
I support this hire 100%

and as of now, in honor of this new generation of niners football, I will sign all my post with a "let go niners!!!"

so very exited for this 2011 season and the rest of this decade and hope that we can develop an aggressive, creative and physical team that can dominate the nfc west for the next 10 years...

let go niners....

let go of what?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by servegmo:
I support this hire 100%

let go niners....

let go of what?

sorry guys!!!

let's go niners!!!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I voted NO.

its because retread means you get what you expect because thats all they produced in the past.

We are in a 8 year playoff drought. Thus I equate the current state of this franchise to dictate what it is most desperate for.

A experienced steady hand at HC would bring us the best chances to end the playoff drought. Maybe even win a playoff game now and then. Retread means not to expect a Super Bowl. These are the HC's who have a lot of HC NFL Playoff experience but not a lot of rings or any.

So for a Franchise who just made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years, and they fire their HC and hire a retread like (Gruden, Holmgren, Billick, Cowher, Fisher etc)...RETREAD in that context carries an negative message...because the move is not likely an upgrade...rather more of the same....playoff games..no rings....retread.

Its too bad so many fans think of retread as a negative thing...because for our purposes a retread would be a god send. High chances for playoff appearances is exactly what we need

I smell what you're steppin in. In the end you may end up being correct, but in this case I'm glad we didn't go with the Bandag. I like the Harbaugh hire he's turned around losing cultures at his last two stops (albeit college) and has NFL street cred to go with it. The jury's out on Baalke, but if they get a seasoned NFL advisor to back him up as has been rumored I'll be feeling pretty damn good.