LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Steve Young: One of the greatest Regular Season Comebacks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Joecool:
meh.

Garcia and Montana had greater comebacks.

I miss having games that matter

it made me cringe realizing that the last time we won a playoff game...we had J.J. Stokes...
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is it just me or does Bill Walsh just look special standing around

you shouldn't be a 9er fan...that is Seifert...do not pass go, do not collect $200

My thoughts exactly

edit: submitted to noob NT post thread
[ Edited by blacksailsmd on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM ]
watching both of those videos posted it's really nice to watch an efficient offense
Originally posted by Niners99:
meh.

it made me cringe realizing that the last time we won a playoff game...we had J.J. Stokes...

Um please please please tell me what Strahan is doing to that assistant at 8:54. Ummm when did the giants inact Jailhouse rules?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
meh.

Um please please please tell me what Strahan is doing to that assistant at 8:54. Ummm when did the giants inact Jailhouse rules?

Best thing about that game was watching Strahan point to the scoreboard to shut up 81. No way Strahan. Not that T.O.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is it just me or does Bill Walsh just look special standing around

you shouldn't be a 9er fan...that is Seifert...do not pass go, do not collect $200

No $hit!.....What 49er fan doesn't know that was Seifert.....Come on Man!
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
I still say my fav regular season comeback was against the Colts in 98 (peytons rookie season) I think we were down 31-13 goin into the 4th and ended up winning 34-31 in the final seconds

I was at that game with a friend of mine and we shall claim some of the credit for that win. The stadium was somber and quiet and my buddy and I were trashed so we decided to start cheering and screaming and we got our section pumped up. Next thing you know the crowd is all kind of going nuts and the team fed off of that, came back and won. Your welcome
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

95,96 sucked

they didn't pay Watters

Loville 95 and Kirby 96 leading rushers

Steve got beat to s**t

lost to GB both years in the playoffs

2 Players we should've kept and who knows how many SB's we've could've won with them on our team= Charles Haley & Ricky Watters
Originally posted by socal81:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

95,96 sucked

they didn't pay Watters

Loville 95 and Kirby 96 leading rushers

Steve got beat to s**t

lost to GB both years in the playoffs

2 Players we should've kept and who knows how many SB's we've could've won with them on our team= Charles Haley & Ricky Watters

And, on top of that, Dallas may not have won 3.
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
meh.

Best thing about that game was watching Strahan point to the scoreboard to shut up 81. No way Strahan. Not that T.O.

Yeah and watch Strahan lose it right at the last shot of that video haha.

Lack of special teams by the Giants allowed us to remain in that game.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
That TD pass to Owens was just beautiful man.

I remember this catch and it made me think, "hmm maybe we got something in this Owens characters". Ironically we also learned that Hearst was a damn good runner
i think it's really cool that the OWNER is giving the post game speech in the locker room.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gosh, this might very well have been the game that really sealed Steve Young as my favorite all time Niner. More heart than any player I've ever seen play this game. Constantly put this team on his back, and this day was no different.

How many of you folks remember this 1996 Comeback?

I do and I am the one who uploaded this video on youtube just FYI
meh.

Man, this game....

I was about to turn off the TV...and I don't know why I didn't... What a frigging game.
It was that game against Cincinnati that convinced the 49er brass to pursue Garrison Hearst the following offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone