There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What will 49ers do to improve their secondary?

I'm just curious, because it was pretty god-awful this year.
Not one player in the secondary's job is safe.
Is sevondary an enhanced Big Nickel?
Lol people are on a roll tonight!

Sign Champ Bailey. Draft a pass rushing DE or OLB. Let Mays and Smith start and build chemistry together
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
People doin some drinkin tonight!
  • zero
  • Veteran
Draft Patrick Peterson FTW!
Originally posted by zero:
Draft Patrick Peterson FTW!

he will be off the board. Prince is the guy we want.
I say draft a guy but I am more worried about our D overall. A lot of people could be gone very soon. Franklin, Lawson, Brooks, Clements. All but brooks are big reasons our run D has been so good. And Brooks helped provide what little pressure from LB's we actually got. That is a lot of damage if you ask me. I know some of you don't like Clements but he has some upside and it would be wise of us to try to retain him at a much discounted price....it's a good time in his career to make the switch to nickle back. Couple that with our drafted CB and we got some hope there.

At LB, we have to at least retain Brooks and I am still a fan of Lawson's as well.

As for Franklin, sign him or draft a guy. A big, very talented NT.....draft him early.
Originally posted by brucesf49:
I say draft a guy but I am more worried about our D overall. A lot of people could be gone very soon. Franklin, Lawson, Brooks, Clements. All but brooks are big reasons our run D has been so good. And Brooks helped provide what little pressure from LB's we actually got. That is a lot of damage if you ask me. I know some of you don't like Clements but he has some upside and it would be wise of us to try to retain him at a much discounted price....it's a good time in his career to make the switch to nickle back. Couple that with our drafted CB and we got some hope there.

At LB, we have to at least retain Brooks and I am still a fan of Lawson's as well.

As for Franklin, sign him or draft a guy. A big, very talented NT.....draft him early.

Lawson is a must keep.
Pass rush and time possession are the bigger concerns. Drafting Robert Quinn at OLB and figuring out how to keep the offense on the field should make a big difference. The secondary can definitely be improved, and adding some leadership through FA is the way to go.
you're worried about the sevondary?

i was hoping we could fix the secondary, or even the thirdary first
Originally posted by cal49er:
you're worried about the sevondary?

i was hoping we could fix the secondary, or even the thirdary first

Wow. You are so witty. Ha. Ha. Ha.
We need to draft a corner for sure. We should be able to get a decent one either with our first or second pick.

I think we target one of these guys:
Patrick Peterson (likely gone by the 7th pick)
Prince Amukamara (1st round)
Jimmy Smith (2nd round)
Ras-I Dowling (2nd Round)

I would like to see us go hard after Aso from Oakland. He'll command a big salary though and with us having Nate Clements we are probably limited on what we can spend.
i also like brandon burton from utah in 2nd
asomougha, prince akksasdf, spencer, mays and reggie smith.
Pass rush will cure all that ails us. Our defensive scheme needs fixing to generate more of a pass rush.

Spencer and Mays are good starters next year. I say we draft a DB or two but it doesn't have to be early.