There are 152 users in the forums

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

We need to Draft WR A.J. Green #7

We need Gore should trade for 1st round then Grab to RB Mark Ingram...

We will big celebration for win!! I Figure out how 49ers can have a dangerous offense spread it.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Do I want Gore to continue to be the focal point? No.

Honestly, I don't want a focal point.

This....The only focal points EVER need to be mirages, straw men, red herrings. FTR, Smash mouth was crap and so was it's author. good riddance and be the hell gone for good.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Gore is on the down side of his career, and is simply a mid-level starting RB in the NFL. Such is the nature of a RB in the league for 6 years. The focal point is the QB.

Um, Gore led the NFL in yards from scrimmage before his FLUKE hip injury. Not to mention he's the best blocking back in the NFL.

Such is the nature of a RB in the league for 6 years.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Gore is on the down side of his career, and is simply a mid-level starting RB in the NFL. Such is the nature of a RB in the league for 6 years. The focal point is the QB.

Um, Gore led the NFL in yards from scrimmage before his FLUKE hip injury. Not to mention he's the best blocking back in the NFL.

I wouldn't call it a fluke. It's because of the pounding he's taken over the years. He's wearing down.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I wouldn't call it a fluke. It's because of the pounding he's taken over the years. He's wearing down.

Breaking your hip is 100% a fluke injury. WTF are you talking about?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Pure speculation. And completely wrong.

Hips don't fracture because of years of physical pounding like you're suggesting. That's medically not how the hip fractures. They fracture from single blunt impacts like a fall, a car accident, a large heavy object (like a d lineman) falling on it.

Also, Gore's hip fracture was only of the hairline variety. SO, no biggie. If we were in the playoffs and he wasn't placed on IR, he'd play this week.
I would like to have Gore take at least 50% of the carries with Dixon and Westbrook splitting the other half.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I really like hearing Harbaugh talk about matchups as being the criteria for game planning in the NFL, and not so much a specific style of offense for every single game.

The reason Gore has been featured in his career thuis far is two things: 1. not having enough talent to rely more on a balnced offense. 2. Not having creative offesnive minds in charge of the team.

This is all about the change next season, I believe. Harbaugh will run it down the other team's throat if they give that to him. And he will air it out if the other team gives him that opening instead.

Great post!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I really like hearing Harbaugh talk about matchups as being the criteria for game planning in the NFL, and not so much a specific style of offense for every single game.

The reason Gore has been featured in his career thuis far is two things: 1. not having enough talent to rely more on a balnced offense. 2. Not having creative offesnive minds in charge of the team.

This is all about the change next season, I believe. Harbaugh will run it down the other team's throat if they give that to him. And he will air it out if the other team gives him that opening instead.

Great post!

So you mean to tell me if Frank Gore was on the Pittsburg Steelers that he wouldn't be widely considered the best back in the NFL over the past 5 years?

His workload would be the same on that team as it has been here. Frank is MORE than a product of his environment. The Harb will use him every bit as much as he's been used in the past, if not more.

And btw McCarthy, Turner, and Martz are some of the best and most creative offensive minds of the past decade.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I would like to have Gore take at least 50% of the carries with Dixon and Westbrook splitting the other half.

Dumb.

Don't get why not, we leaned on him when things were bad, why not lean on him when things are gonna be good.
  • mod
  • Veteran
why do we need a focal point? lets play some football and let the ballers showcase their talent.
Without a doubt, Norris should be the focal point. Norris with a side of Jennings playing TE.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
why do we need a focal point? lets play some football and let the ballers showcase their talent.

Ya word. People seem to forget how much talent this team has on offense. Assuming the Niners can find a decent QB for next season, they should be able to use ALL of their weapons.
The focal point should be wherever the mismatch is IMO. If it's Gore running the ball, then great. If it's VD running away from LBs/SSs in coverage, even better. If it's Crabtree running quick slants or whatever type of route, thats great also.
I voted no b/c he's too one-dimensional. He's is way to slow to bounce it off tackle (outside). He is a down hill runner only with great vision; best blocking RB in the league but we need a RB who can run inside AND outside, catch the ball and pick up the blitz and who has "it" - big game production! Gore ain't it...
Share 49ersWebzone