LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Moran Norris gets my vote, lost a step as a FB and doesn't offer much catching passing outta the back field.

My main question is why the Niners never used Mike Robinson as a true FB. they could have cut Norris instead at the beginning of this year. I saw M. Robinsonas the true FB numerous times for Seattle this past weekend.
Zak Keasey
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Zak Keasey

I'll have to say Nate Clements due to his contract and underachieving. I also disagree with Gore not being team player, all great players want the ball because they have extreme confidence that they will make something happen and help the team win.
No way, once he puts on the Film and watches Gore he will be drooling all over the place...
Clements (money)
Norris (sucks in my opinion and is not a wco fb)
Heitmann (just because)
Ted Ginn ( not all that great)
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by niners:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just imagine Frank Gore being in an offense where he does not need to deal with these:

1. Defense knowing exactly where he will run
2. Defense knowing the passing game ain't s**t
3. 3rd down draws
4. Defense knowing exactly when he's going to run.

Exactly. The guy consistently gets over 1,000 yards and over 4.2, normally above 4.5 per carry when EVERYONE knows we will run. With a decent passing game, Gore is closer to 5.0 per carry, and with run blocking similar to what he had in 2006, look out.

he can no longer stay healthy for a full season. time to go.

that's why you share the load. This is a 2 back league. We had to be the only team using 1 back the whole game.

i'm ok with sharing the load. get him help. don't get me wrong i love Franky G.
Why the f**k do people hate on Gore? He's easily been our best and most consistent player ON THE ENTIRE TEAM for the past 6 seasons.

If we didn't have Gore, you guys would call this already boring offense a snoozefest.

Wow. I really can't believe it. I'm all for reducing his role b/c of his injury and the fact that every team now uses a committee. But to cut Frank????
If Gore is 100% healthy after his hip injury, then no way do we try to trade him. Due to his age, we would maybe get a 3rd round pick from a dumb/desperate team.

Getting a 3rd would not be compensation enough for losing Gore.

Gore is by far our best offensive player, including Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

What if you are wrong? I mean, Gore accepted Martz, who isn't really known for running the ball.

Yeah...Faulk hated Martz too

Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Gore is going to b***h about not getting all the carries but I don't think he gets traded. if he cuts spikes I'll be mad

You CANT cut a free agent...

lol
Originally posted by Boomer49:
I'll have to say Nate Clements due to his contract and underachieving. I also disagree with Gore not being team player, all great players want the ball because they have extreme confidence that they will make something happen and help the team win.

Originally posted by susweel:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

I would like to make a discussion in this thread, but it would be under a false premise.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Clements probably.

why would we cut him? if we do dont you still gotta pay the man?
Can't trade him, don't know when or in what shape he will return, he fits the bill for a pass catching power runner, he is fearless, and he can't go anywhere else injured. So why would the 9ers cut him?

Norris, Gore's buddy is another question...he's gone.
Nedney if he looks like his injury is lingering.
Walker because he is injury prone and blocking is questionable for a TE.
Spikes in a youth move (though I think this would be a mistake).
Clements if he doesn't restructure.
Sims-youth move.

Many of these players are favorites of mine, Walker for instance, but looking at it from a practical point of view this is the way it will go.
Share 49ersWebzone