There are 197 users in the forums

What Trent Dilfer has to say about both Baalke and Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys realize this is the same guy who said Mike Nolan is the greatest coach or something like that.

We'll have to see how the draft and 2011 season goes before I take anything that Trent says about the Niners without homer glasses seriously.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i like it but we must not forget trent dilfer for some reason has a boner for everything 49ers...he loved dingleberry, LOVED alex smith...etc etc

The guy is from Santa Cruz and played with the 49ers and is a 49er fan, what do you expect.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys realize this is the same guy who said Mike Nolan is the greatest coach or something like that.

lol I don't believe it.
i dont get it, when someone on tv no matter who it is seems to bash the niners everyone gets bent, now we have someone that is ride or die with them and everyone is still bashing.....
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Haha there where people here on the zone ROLLIN WITH MCNOLAN!
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
So Trent is a rock star just like Hostler was a Superstar? Ok, Trent.
A lot of us were rolin wit Nolin because he had a good plan to run the Niners from the draft to choosing the coaching including hiring some bright people. I say this because look a the people who he hired as his OC? They include McCarthy (who by the way had a say in helping choose Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers), Norv Turner, and Mad Martz. Say what you will of those coordinators, but Nolan knew the good ones since they all became HC or are successful as an OC with another team (ie Martz). But Nolan's biggest problem was not the draft or front office work but was the actual coaching. He had no idea regarding how to run an offense or deals with players on that side of the ball. As shown in his handling of Smith when his shoulder was about to fall off. As shown in not having someone who could take over for Norv when he left us all of sudden and only had Hostler as his own choice. And in his inability manage an offense when with appropriate time management, as shown in the constant use of time outs. Nolan might have been a decent GM but his coaching putrid. In hindsight, you can see why the GM and coach have to be separated. And they both have to be good on their respective sides. I think and hope we have that now.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i dont get it, when someone on tv no matter who it is seems to bash the niners everyone gets bent, now we have someone that is ride or die with them and everyone is still bashing.....

Whats your F$#KING problem?
Quit being positive.
Originally posted by KOniner:
A lot of us were rolin wit Nolin because he had a good plan to run the Niners from the draft to choosing the coaching including hiring some bright people. I say this because look a the people who he hired as his OC? They include McCarthy (who by the way had a say in helping choose Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers), Norv Turner, and Mad Martz. Say what you will of those coordinators, but Nolan knew the good ones since they all became HC or are successful as an OC with another team (ie Martz). But Nolan's biggest problem was not the draft or front office work but was the actual coaching. He had no idea regarding how to run an offense or deals with players on that side of the ball. As shown in his handling of Smith when his shoulder was about to fall off. As shown in not having someone who could take over for Norv when he left us all of sudden and only had Hostler as his own choice. And in his inability manage an offense when with appropriate time management, as shown in the constant use of time outs. Nolan might have been a decent GM but his coaching putrid. In hindsight, you can see why the GM and coach have to be separated. And they both have to be good on their respective sides. I think and hope we have that now.

I can't believe I was a damn Nolan fanboy.

Because after Erickson I thought it couldn't get any worse, then the same process repeated with Sing.

Originally posted by jimrat201:

Now we're Rollin' with Harbaalke!©®™

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Now we're Rollin' with Harbaalke!©®™

Hahahahaha-you copyrighted that trademark?!!! To funny. How about Baalkebaugh?
  • Veteran
He also said Payton Manning was the greatest of all time.
I know alot on here don't like Dilfer, but Im actually a fan of his film breakdown segments on ESPN. He's very passionate about the game and seems football smart. He's just a tier below Collinsworth and Mayock in my opinion.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by KOniner:

I can't believe I was a damn Nolan fanboy.

Because after Erickson I thought it couldn't get any worse, then the same process repeated with Sing.

Remember when the locals were talking about wearing suits to the games to support him? lol

How quickly things changed...only to get worse...
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for matt49er.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i like it but we must not forget trent dilfer for some reason has a boner for everything 49ers...he loved dingleberry, LOVED alex smith...etc etc

he loves the 9ers because they gave him a job for 2 years when nobody else would probably. alex and dingleberry said all the right things about him as a leader and he was able to chill on the bench and make some $$ when he had no business to. He probably wants to get on JH's staff I bet he'd make a good QB coach.
Share 49ersWebzone