There are 202 users in the forums

What Trent Dilfer has to say about both Baalke and Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He was on Murph and Mac this morning on KNBR from the 8:30 to 9:30 am time slot and had some very special words to say about BOTH Harbaugh and Baalke. I know everyone likes Harbaugh but his words regarding Baalke are especially enlightening and getting me even more fired up that we may have finally righted this sinking ship. If you want to hear it, go to the KNBR website but here is what was asked and answered.

Murphy asks: “Now here’s the deal, you came on the day after Singletary was fired an you said Trent Balke was going to be the GM and now then you probably see it out there that everyone has different views and there are those who said that there are media critics who said well ‘Dilfer is only saying because he is loyal to the York’s’ so I want to throw that at you and see how you respond to that and then how you feel about the Baalke hire and the Harbaugh hire?”

Trent Dilfer response: “Well I want to say this as gently and I don’t care if its controversial but I will try to as gentle as I can. You know my experience with the Bay Area print media—they are not the most informed group of people that I have been around. So they can say whatever they want about me. I do know this, that in terms of gathering information and understanding football and understanding the league, I would love to do a face-to-face with any of them. My loyalty is not to the Yorks. I like Jed—Jed has been great to me while I played there and John was great. Obviously, I like the 49ers organization—I am absolutely a homer. I try though, to let people understand what’s really out there and try to not let their perceptions pollute their minds and try to give them factual information. Trent Baalke is a ‘rock star’. He is going to be a ‘rock star’ in this league. And he deserves the credit here. His pursuit of Jim Harbaugh goes back seven years to an all-star game in Las Vegas when he saw him coaching ball. That’s the kind of forward thinker Trent Baalke is and he’s a guy, and this is what separates good football people from average and bad football people, they are always one- to two-steps ahead of you. So Trent Baalke was the Director of College Scouting for the Washington Redskins and says ‘One day I will be GM and one day I am going to hire a head football coach’ and he starts looking at guys seven years ago and he targets Jim Harbaugh and he gets the opportunity to do it underneath the Yorks of San Francisco and he goes and he lands the ‘Big Fish.’ Okay, so if you want to be critical of somebody out there that has a very limited understanding of football in general…? But especially this situation…? Then go ahead and believe that guy. But I’m tell you the 49ers are in as good a shape as they have been in a long time and it’s because of the leadership of Trent Baalke. Now you get Jim Harbaugh who I think is straight ball coach and his record speaks for himself with what he did at Stanford. He’ll get…here is what you get from Harbaugh, he will get the most from least. That’s what good coaches do. They maximize everything you are as a player, as a group, as a unit, as a team. That is what Jim Harbaugh’s history was at the University of San Diego, at Stanford, he takes the least and makes it the most. Is there a better thing you can say about a football coach? Really under Webster’s if it said ‘coach’, that’s what it would say. Taking the least and making it the most. Maximizing the potential of anyone you touch. That’s what Trent Baalke sees, that’s what Jim Harbaugh does. 49ers now, I don’t know why you would want to be cynical of the situation…if you love the 49ers like I do, like we all do, we got to be FIRED UP right now that Trent Baalke is calling the shots and Jim Harbaugh is the head coach.”
  • cgida
  • Veteran
I think that is a 10 on the Schwing meter!!!
So Trent is a rock star just like Hostler was a Superstar? Ok, Trent.
Here's the audio. Scroll down a bit:

http://knbr.com/OnKNBR680/MurphandMac/tabid/584/Default.aspx
Originally posted by KOniner:
He was on Murph and Mac this morning on KNBR from the 8:30 to 9:30 am time slot and had some very special words to say about BOTH Harbaugh and Baalke. I know everyone likes Harbaugh but his words regarding Baalke are especially enlightening and getting me even more fired up that we may have finally righted this sinking ship. If you want to hear it, go to the KNBR website but here is what was asked and answered.

Murphy asks: “Now here’s the deal, you came on the day after Singletary was fired an you said Trent Balke was going to be the GM and now then you probably see it out there that everyone has different views and there are those who said that there are media critics who said well ‘Dilfer is only saying because he is loyal to the York’s’ so I want to throw that at you and see how you respond to that and then how you feel about the Baalke hire and the Harbaugh hire?”

Trent Dilfer response: “Well I want to say this as gently and I don’t care if its controversial but I will try to as gentle as I can. You know my experience with the Bay Area print media—they are not the most informed group of people that I have been around. So they can say whatever they want about me. I do know this, that in terms of gathering information and understanding football and understanding the league, I would love to do a face-to-face with any of them. My loyalty is not to the Yorks. I like Jed—Jed has been great to me while I played there and John was great. Obviously, I like the 49ers organization—I am absolutely a homer. I try though, to let people understand what’s really out there and try to not let their perceptions pollute their minds and try to give them factual information. Trent Baalke is a ‘rock star’. He is going to be a ‘rock star’ in this league. And he deserves the credit here. His pursuit of Jim Harbaugh goes back seven years to an all-star game in Las Vegas when he saw him coaching ball. That’s the kind of forward thinker Trent Baalke is and he’s a guy, and this is what separates good football people from average and bad football people, they are always one- to two-steps ahead of you. So Trent Baalke was the Director of College Scouting for the Washington Redskins and says ‘One day I will be GM and one day I am going to hire a head football coach’ and he starts looking at guys seven years ago and he targets Jim Harbaugh and he gets the opportunity to do it underneath the Yorks of San Francisco and he goes and he lands the ‘Big Fish.’ Okay, so if you want to be critical of somebody out there that has a very limited understanding of football in general…? But especially this situation…? Then go ahead and believe that guy. But I’m tell you the 49ers are in as good a shape as they have been in a long time and it’s because of the leadership of Trent Baalke. Now you get Jim Harbaugh who I think is straight ball coach and his record speaks for himself with what he did at Stanford. He’ll get…here is what you get from Harbaugh, he will get the most from least. That’s what good coaches do. They maximize everything you are as a player, as a group, as a unit, as a team. That is what Jim Harbaugh’s history was at the University of San Diego, at Stanford, he takes the least and makes it the most. Is there a better thing you can say about a football coach? Really under Webster’s if it said ‘coach’, that’s what it would say. Taking the least and making it the most. Maximizing the potential of anyone you touch. That’s what Trent Baalke sees, that’s what Jim Harbaugh does. 49ers now, I don’t know why you would want to be cynical of the situation…if you love the 49ers like I do, like we all do, we got to be FIRED UP right now that Trent Baalke is calling the shots and Jim Harbaugh is the head coach.”

wow thanks for sharing that man cant wait to heir it in knbr... also there is a really good article from yahoo M.Silver where he gives mayor kudos to Baalke...

Jed - Baalke - Harbaugh new generation of niner football!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I heard that on the radio this morning. Dildor sounded pretty upset that they accused him of sucking the Yorks. lol
IMO most of us didn't know much about Baalke before last week. After the media blitz we know plenty about him now and I'm convinced his hiring was not the "take the easy route and don't rock the boat" situation that many fans believed. He's still learning on the job like Jed but he's definitely qualified and has put in the time.
i like it but we must not forget trent dilfer for some reason has a boner for everything 49ers...he loved dingleberry, LOVED alex smith...etc etc
Originally posted by susweel:
I heard that on the radio this morning. Dildor sounded pretty upset that they accused him of sucking the Yorks. lol

Well he is right about the most of the Bay area media, especially on this, how many ran with the story from NFL.com and NFL Network and only to say their source said...
Everytime someone brought up the topic up of the niners could have had the team of Lombardi and Harbaugh or Baalke is not qualified, they did not think of the source and its nature or they forgot what was said around the league by most about Baalke b-4 last years draft.

I don't know everything, but just because the person has a name that is infamous that doesn't make him a general manager for the team-consider Joe Thomas.
talk is cheap.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
talk is cheap.

so are your hookers
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
IMO most of us didn't know much about Baalke before last week. After the media blitz we know plenty about him now and I'm convinced his hiring was not the "take the easy route and don't rock the boat" situation that many fans believed. He's still learning on the job like Jed but he's definitely qualified and has put in the time.

Very Well Said.
Translation>>>Dilfer to Cohn, Ratto, and Kawakami: "you don't even know how much you don't know"
Trent is right on about you guys sportswriters out there, many of them are really bad.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
talk is cheap.

so are your hookers
Share 49ersWebzone