There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peter King's comments on MMQB re Harbaugh

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Walsh made a QB training video with Montana towards the end of his time in SF. I remember Bill talking about Montana's perfect mechanics at dropping back, motions etc. I'll bet there's a copy of it in Santa Clara.

Look no further:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-MfNd-SjZo

Thanks. Who needs Santa Clara when you've got youtube?

I'm going to assume this is the cliff notes version and Harbaugh as access to the unabridged stuff.

Oh I'm sure of it. I have heard that Walsh used to correct the QB on everything including the distance to throw the ball in front of a WR.
I heard Steve Young on KNBR earlier in the season mention these tapes in the santa clara facility. He questioned how our offense can be so pathetic when they have a gold mine in offensive strategy on all the old tapes from the glory years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
The 49ers are going to be a fun team to watch.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/09/wild-card/index.html#ixzz1AeoPo7S5

The fact that those videos have any dust on em at all makes me want to do this to Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary:

lmao!
Originally posted by redrathman:
It's nice to hear Harbaugh is looking at the film.

I just hope it doesn't bear the same fruit as when SingleBrainCell "looked at the film"
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Jed York is only 29???? LUCKY MOTHERf**kER!

Nnamdi Asomugha is also 29. I wish we could swap 29 year olds with the Raiders
Originally posted by rawdel:

Come on now. Our 29 year old just landed us the hottest HC on the market. With Asomugha being a FA, maybe we can have both 29 year olds.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran

You want to swap Jed York for Nnamdi Asomugha? REALLY?
Walsh made a QB training video with Montana towards the end of his time in SF. I remember Bill talking about Montana's perfect mechanics at dropping back, motions etc. I'll bet there's a copy of it in Santa Clara.

Look no further:

Thank you! Walsh and Joe, that was unbelievably F'n awesome. I can't believe I never saw those videos before. Just WOW!

Come on now. Our 29 year old just landed us the hottest HC on the market. With Asomugha being a FA, maybe we can have both 29 year olds.

I know, just kidding. I'm very pleased with Jed. But I really do hope we go after Nnamdi though
  • Rizo
  • Veteran

I know, just kidding. I'm very pleased with Jed. But I really do hope we go after Nnamdi though

I hope we can get him! All the Raiders fans in So Cal wear his Jersey everywhere!!!
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Look no further:

Thanks. Who needs Santa Clara when you've got youtube?

I'm going to assume this is the cliff notes version and Harbaugh as access to the unabridged stuff.

Oh I'm sure of it. I have heard that Walsh used to correct the QB on everything including the distance to throw the ball in front of a WR.

Awesome video!!!!!! Thanks
Originally posted by Rizo:

Hmm, let me see. All personnel decisions will be made by Baalke w/ input from Harbaugh. Jed will just sit back and watch now, hopefully.

On the other hand, CB is one of our three biggest needs this offseason and Nnamdi is widely regarded as second best behind Revis. So yeah, at this point, I would.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran

Hmm, let me see. All personnel decisions will be made by Baalke w/ input from Harbaugh. Jed will just sit back and watch now, hopefully.

On the other hand, CB is one of our three biggest needs this offseason and Nnamdi is widely regarded as second best behind Revis. So yeah, at this point, I would.

Did you see Harbaughs interviews? He is here cause he wants to work with Jed and Baalke. So giving up Jed would be retarded. YOUR GROUNDED! go to your ROOM!

Did you see Harbaughs interviews? He is here cause he wants to work with Jed and Baalke. So giving up Jed would be retarded. YOUR GROUNDED! go to your ROOM!

Sorry mom. I was just trying to be sarcastic. I'm with you on the Jed wagon. I promise.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran

Sorry mom. I was just trying to be sarcastic. I'm with you on the Jed wagon. I promise.

Hahahaha! Jed Wagon sounds like a new brand of Chips.