There are 168 users in the forums

Is Fangio really a better option than Manusky?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Fangio really a better option than Manusky?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Ouch. @sdutChargers Manusky says SD gave him best chance to win. "I'm not just shuffling my feet. I've been doing that in SF for 4 years."

mansuky talking s**t
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Ouch. @sdutChargers Manusky says SD gave him best chance to win. "I'm not just shuffling my feet. I've been doing that in SF for 4 years."
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Man f**k this guy. He had a bunch of chances to leave the last 4 years. If he really thought he was wasting his time, he could've left for some other team.

Oh wait, no one else wanted him until now.

CUZ HE SUCKS.
Originally posted by susweel:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

mansuky talking s**t

Is he wrong in anything he said? I think not. The Niners have all been about false hopes this year.

However, I think the NFC West gives the best shot of getting to the playoffs, even if you don't have a winning record.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

mansuky talking s**t

Is he wrong in anything he said? I think not. The Niners have all been about false hopes this year.

However, I think the NFC West gives the best shot of getting to the playoffs, even if you don't have a winning record.

Dude, you just don't say s**t like that. It's not like he was getting job opportunities every year, but the Niners were forcing him to stay.

Until now, this has been the first offseason where he's getting a lot of looks for other teams. I'm not saying he flat out sucks, but he's also been a part of that losing culture in his time. He also has called countless questionable defensive games.
Wow, can't believe Manusky is dissing us, the team that gave him his break as a coordinator... he was an average DC at best, certainly not one of the elite DCs in the league. Never saw anything consistently creative, calculating, and insightful from him.
Manusky, good run D, schidt for pass D. You wanna move the ball on the 9ers, put it in the air. Only really weak teams with no pass protection have made our D look good. Against any good team in nfl, they all knew they could pass on us all day long. Look, we played a 3-4, which is used to disguise where the blitz is coming from and what did we do...what did manusky do with it? Hell, he didn't blitz except for rarely, and usually it was successful. I couldn't wait for manusky to leave. He had ample opportunity to show us what he had, and he just "showed it". Manusky was a good run DC. If we had hired a pass DC, he would have fit right in. Good luck San Diego, you are going to need it.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

mansuky talking s**t

Dude, you just don't say s**t like that. It's not like he was getting job opportunities every year, but the Niners were forcing him to stay.

Until now, this has been the first offseason where he's getting a lot of looks for other teams. I'm not saying he flat out sucks, but he's also been a part of that losing culture in his time. He also has called countless questionable defensive games.

When I read that, I didn't take it to mean he was talking $4!7. I think it was more of a comment regarding the depth of the disfunction under Nolan and Singletary. Whether he was a good DC or not can be debated but either way, I'm glad for the change.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

wow, what a quote.

However, does anybody know what it exactly implies?

-9fA
I will tell you in two years.

Manusky should talk smack after he figures out how to stop a screen play.
No but if they upgrade the Secondary , it will be ok.
Originally posted by genz22:
The way I look at it is if Harbaugh thinks Fangio is better than Im all for it. Niners finally have a capable coach for the first time in years. Im confident he will make the right hires for his staff.

Ding Ding. Are their sexier names out there - sure but I don't see anything to suggest he is a bad coordinator.

Every major coach needs to be flipped - Maybe they go on and do well in another place good for them - the people that have been here or were left over from the Nowin era need to be shown the door.

I think Manusky is to comfortable with the core personal and at this point is not pushing them or trying to grow them as players - they have strengths and weaknesses and so he stays in that box - not good for him or the players.
Here's the things about Fangio I like...he's a Dom Capers guy. Coached under him and so he's bringing many facets of DC's defense to us. Even though he was the Stanford DC this one last season, they performed exceptionally well, save the Oregon game. Look at their national rankings...they're pretty impressive. Lastly, he's got a lot of experience. Manusky has exactly 4 years of it...and, he may do well in SD, which is perfectly fine. He may've been hamstrung under Nolan and Singletary, not really sure. But, if Harbaugh likes Fangio for his DC, that's fine with me, end of story.
Share 49ersWebzone