LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

IF we didn't sign a FA QB, who would you want under center next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF we didn't sign a FA QB, who would you want under center next year?

Me personally,

1. Locker-Huge arm, very good athlete, mature, Harbaugh is plenty familiar with him.
2. Newton- Beast, athletic freak, needs time to learn the position.
3. Moore- Dude is sick smart, football smart, makes EVERY throw.
4. Mallet- Prototypical NFL QB, huge arm, gets happy feet in the pocket.
5. Stanzi- Throws well on the run. Has nice touch.
6. Gabbert- Absolutely not sold on this guy.
Newton
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Newton
Locker
Stanzi. Good later value with a bunch of shaky options in the 1st round
i heard somewhere that Harbaugh game planned against Locker and made him look bad, and probably sees too many flaws to bother drafting him.

what i dont get, is how one year hes like the hottest QB on the planet, and the next hes now fallen down the draft board and Andrew Luck is now the consensus number 1...
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 10, 2011 at 1:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
i heard somewhere that Harbaugh game planned against Locker and made him look bad, and probably sees too many flaws to bother drafting him.

what i dont get, is how one year hes like the hottest QB on the planet, and the next hes now fallen down the draft board and Andrew Luck is now the consensus number 1...

That's just it though, Harbaugh knows his flaws, he surely knows his strengths. That's what I call a 2-fer! He's already a leg up on developing him. Luck blew up cuz the mad scientist Jim was developing him behind the scenes. Imagine if he had Locker all that time...kinda sceery.
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:

That's just it though, Harbaugh knows his flaws, he surely knows his strengths. That's what I call a 2-fer! He's already a leg up on developing him. Luck blew up cuz the mad scientist Jim was developing him behind the scenes. Imagine if he had Locker all that time...kinda sceery.

Harbaugh doesnt just make QB's something they arent. he helps the get better, but he isnt a miracle worker. if he knows QB's, he sees Lockers faults, and if had an easy time picking him apart in college, hes not going to want him to be his QB in the NFL.
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:

Harbaugh doesnt just make QB's something they arent. he helps the get better, but he isnt a miracle worker. if he knows QB's, he sees Lockers faults, and if had an easy time picking him apart in college, hes not going to want him to be his QB in the NFL.

Yea he wiped the field with Locker, 41-0 i think. He's not a miracle worker, all I'm sayin' is if he knows how to beat 'em, he surely knows how to prevent him from getting embarassed.
Originally posted by cal49er:
Stanzi. Good later value with a bunch of shaky options in the 1st round

Trade out of the first round this year for a 1st round pick in the 2012 draft. That would give us (2) first round picks and position us to move up and grab Luck. As for this year, draft a QB in the 4th round or lower-someone who can be a future backup.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
DP
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:57 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Locker

• mike
  • Veteran
Newton. Freak of nature that I think harbaugh could fine-tune. I've got a feeling his draft stock's about to go up today.
Share 49ersWebzone