LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

VD on Harbaugh!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
well i guess just vernon on harbaugh heard wrong... but vernon said the second he heard he took his shoes off and left his clothes on and jumped in the hot tub. he expects huge things from offense with jim coming in and the talent already there. he said he expects to touch the ball 10-15 times a game, cause harbaugh likes to use tight ends.

Those must have been some nice shoes.
Hmm how Vernon feels about Singletary now and who he would like as a QB:

Does Vernon miss Singletary??
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Wow, the cat is out of the bag big time. Looks like Sing's old school approach was a little...behind the times?? Haha. And Vernon looks hammered.

I love me some Kyle Orton too, as a matter of fact. We have good taste, me and Vernon.
Originally posted by mastahyee:

I love me some Kyle Orton too, as a matter of fact. We have good taste, me and Vernon.

Dude, the guy was obviously drunk. People say stupid things when they are drunk. It's unfortunate that TMZ exists and loves catching people at their worst moments.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Dude, the guy was obviously drunk. People say stupid things when they are drunk. It's unfortunate that TMZ exists and loves catching people at their worst moments.

Tongue in cheek. But yeah, I agree, I wouldn't exactly take this "interview" all the way to the bank.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Tongue in cheek. But yeah, I agree, I wouldn't exactly take this "interview" all the way to the bank.

Yeah. I'm sure he misses Singletary as a father figure, but not as a football mind. He just too old school and he doesn't have a scheme or answer to reassure players and have answers.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
10-15 touches a game. I think Vernon got a little too excited. He is expecting 160+ touches for the season?

But, good to see that one of our most important offensive player is excited. Maybe 90 catches will be a good start.

oh Vernon, caught drunk out side the club.

funny though...I was at the same club with him and some Cleveland Cavs players and Too Short (who finally had a bad female, usually they tore up)....on Friday here in the city.

I didn't even know Vernon was there until I was outside the club...and yes I was alittle buzzed...and my friend was like, look who is right next to me...but I was focused on this one lady that was in the front of me...and he was like, "dude, look who is next to you"...

and I'm looking....I was like who?...what?...where? leave me alone!...."Vernon Brah"....and I was like...."oh, eeehhhh what ever see him all the time" "I'm just happy we finally got a coach dammint...omg, we finally have A COACH, YES!".....which got a couple of laughs from those around me. With smiles, I think there are alot of fans here in the city who are just in a good mood now. Seems we might finally have some sense of direction.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
My first though was both Vernon and Delanie had to be pumped as soon as they heard Harbaugh had been hired. They should see a lot more passes come their way next season.

And a lot more fumbles by Delanie.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
My first though was both Vernon and Delanie had to be pumped as soon as they heard Harbaugh had been hired. They should see a lot more passes come their way next season.

Is it bad that every time he has the ball in his hands i'm anticipating a fumble?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Is it bad that every time he has the ball in his hands i'm anticipating a fumble?

Me too. I cringe on the way he holds on to the ball.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fan49:
well i guess just vernon on harbaugh heard wrong... but vernon said the second he heard he took his shoes off and left his clothes on and jumped in the hot tub. he expects huge things from offense with jim coming in and the talent already there. he said he expects to touch the ball 10-15 times a game, cause harbaugh likes to use tight ends.

Tells you what Vernon thought of Sing and Jimmy Raye. I know Taylor Mays sounded depressed that Sing got fired in the interview he had with the San Diego radio station but Vern seems to realize its necessary to have a HC that is competent when it comes to offense. Harbaugh uses lots of 2-3 TE sets though so we could use an upgrade from Delanie Walker opposite Vernon.

How many teams have a #2 tight end that is as good/valuable/versatile as Delanie Walker?

If you haven't noticed Vernon generally just goes with every question he's asked in interviews. That's why this is telling about how he feels about Sing, because he actually said NO, but what he said about Orton means nothing.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

If you haven't noticed Vernon generally just goes with every question he's asked in interviews. That's why this is telling about how he feels about Sing, because he actually said NO, but what he said about Orton means nothing.

Everyone will take what Vernon said differently. Would he want Orton as a QB? Probably, only because he'd been stuck with mediocre QBs for awhile.
Share 49ersWebzone