LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Heitmann or Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Keep both. Although he struggled early (Saints game), Baas was one of the few bright spots on the line this past season. Both Baas and Heitman are versatile and can play both guard and center, so I see no reason why we should keep one over the other.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Heitmann is a free agent, he also has an injury that could sway him to retire
He wants to coach, I think his playing days are over
neither how about a proven vet
Originally posted by cools:
Heitmann is a free agent, he also has an injury that could sway him to retire
He wants to coach, I think his playing days are over

This is what Im thinking but if he still gots game I would try him at RG
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I would say keep both. Move Heitmann over to RG (his natural position) and keep Baas at C (his natural position) All will be well and birds will not fall from the sky.

I like the idea of keeping both. But I would switch their positions.

by switching positions you mean what I wrote or change them back to what they have been used for thus far?

I think Heitmann is a vet so is more mature then Bass. I would like him at center and see Bass replace chilo at RG.

Baas is better at C and Heitmann is better at G. So switching their positions would be stupid.
Originally posted by JDog:
Neither, draft Pouncey's little brother from Florida. Worked out good for Pitt, rookie made pro bowl.

Seriously? You want to start a rookie at center?

Wow!

Fortunately, won't happen. Let's bring them both back for now. I have no issues with using a lowish pick on a developmental center, but this is not a position you want a rookie starting.
Oh lord. Maddog in 3..2..1..
  • mod
  • Veteran
I seem to recall some botched snaps by Baas this year... although the blocking does seem a little better. I would like them both back.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I seem to recall some botched snaps by Baas this year... although the blocking does seem a little better. I would like them both back.

one bad snap to Alex during the NO game and the others were on Troy.
one year injured after being the veteran anchor of our OL, and now David Baas should be kept as starting C and Heitmann forgotten??

David Baas was decent filling in at C this year, but Eric Heitmann is better, and has way more experience. as long as he comes back healthy, theres absolutely no reason why he shouldnt get his job back.

Originally posted by Niners99:
one year injured after being the veteran anchor of our OL, and now David Baas should be kept as starting C and Heitmann forgotten??

David Baas was decent filling in at C this year, but Eric Heitmann is better, and has way more experience. as long as he comes back healthy, theres absolutely no reason why he shouldnt get his job back.

because he is better at the G position than he is at C. Oh that's right we need a RG.

because he is better at the G position than he is at C. Oh that's right we need a RG.

lol how do you know thats still the case? Heitmann hasnt played Guard since Jeremy Newberry was our C. that was a million years ago. when Newberry went down he filled in at C, and stayed there all these years. i dont think theyre giving up on Rachal yet.

lol how do you know thats still the case? Heitmann hasnt played Guard since Jeremy Newberry was our C. that was a million years ago. when Newberry went down he filled in at C, and stayed there all these years. i dont think theyre giving up on Rachal yet.

I'm pretty sure he would still be a better G than Baas or Rachal.

maybe so, but i dont think David Baas was all that impressive at C this year. hes a crappy Guard, so why would be be a solid C? Heitmann was a great veteran anchor for the line. moving him back to Guard because Baas and Rachal suck doesnt seem like a good enough reason.

Rachal is still young enough to warrant more playing time to see if he keeps getting better. we threw our rookie OL out there every game all season sink or swim. Rachal has one more season before they replace him imo.

what we really SHOULD do is put Heitmann back at C, keep Iupati at LG, move Davis to LT where he should be, move Staley to RT where he should be, and sign a RG thats better than Rachal and Baas.

maybe so, but i dont think David Baas was all that impressive at C this year. hes a crappy Guard, so why would be be a solid C? Heitmann was a great veteran anchor for the line. moving him back to Guard because Baas and Rachal suck doesnt seem like a good enough reason.

Rachal is still young enough to warrant more playing time to see if he keeps getting better. we threw our rookie OL out there every game all season sink or swim. Rachal has one more season before they replace him imo.

what we really SHOULD do is put Heitmann back at C, keep Iupati at LG, move Davis to LT where he should be, move Staley to RT where he should be, and sign a RG thats better than Rachal and Baas.

I disagree, Baas did a lot better as the C then you are giving him credit for. Remember that is the first time he played at his natural position since being drafted. He is pretty much learning the position all over again. Our best Oline for next year would be

Staley-Iupati-Baas-Heitmann-Davis

If we went with that lineup we would have a solid Oline.
Share 49ersWebzone