LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Harbaugh's hidden benefit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kunged:
Not sure if this is in the right section (if not can the Mods move it, thanks) because I don't talk about any particular players just the draft in general.

I feel really good going into the 2011 season, we have the coach we want, I think we have big time players in a lot of positions (ILB, TE, WR, RB) and one good draft we could hopefully do a lot better next season (sound familiar?).

I think we are in the best position to "hit" on this draft in a long time. Something that may have been overlooked is the fact that Harbaugh should have inside knowledge of a lot of the college players coming out in the 2011 draft.

I know other teams will have done scouting, but he has had to game-plan for a lot of these players and knows their strengths and weaknesses, probably more so than other coaches who are only now reading/watching scouting reports. I do realise they have scouts watching throughout the season, but I suspect not nearly to the same level as Harbaugh has.

I also think that being an offensive play-caller he is in a better position to find a good CB (or general defensive players) in the later rounds as he will have seen more tape on them then most, if not all, other teams.

Excellent post and right on the mark. Hopefully we can get players that will add to our strengths and able to play right away?
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Not sure if this is in the right section (if not can the Mods move it, thanks) because I don't talk about any particular players just the draft in general.

I feel really good going into the 2011 season, we have the coach we want, I think we have big time players in a lot of positions (ILB, TE, WR, RB) and one good draft we could hopefully do a lot better next season (sound familiar?).

I think we are in the best position to "hit" on this draft in a long time. Something that may have been overlooked is the fact that Harbaugh should have inside knowledge of a lot of the college players coming out in the 2011 draft.

I know other teams will have done scouting, but he has had to game-plan for a lot of these players and knows their strengths and weaknesses, probably more so than other coaches who are only now reading/watching scouting reports. I do realise they have scouts watching throughout the season, but I suspect not nearly to the same level as Harbaugh has.

I also think that being an offensive play-caller he is in a better position to find a good CB (or general defensive players) in the later rounds as he will have seen more tape on them then most, if not all, other teams.

Excellent post and right on the mark. Hopefully we can get players that will add to our strengths and able to play right away?

Thanks! I am really hoping/looking forward to players picked up in the later rounds actually making a contribution.

Sure beats the recent let downs of Crabtree (was good when he played but the hold out was annoying), AD, Balmer, Rachel, Mays +Bowman (still a lot of hope for these two), Coffee Pascoe the recent list just seems to go on!

I am not saying these guys are bad players just they have always been hyped up in the TC by the beat writers and nothing seems to materialise! I see other teams getting at least some production and sthen development from rookies and I struggle to see it here!
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by GEEK:
He has a big dick.

The benefit to the team, not your ass.

Now that's funny
I think he might be a big help with Jake Locker. Since he was a Pac-10 guy, he might know more about him. Especially since nobody can really guess whether last year's beast or this year's flop is the real QB.
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Originally posted by nooj:
He has a big dick.

Now that's funny
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Good post. This was an a benefit that I thought of, but kept forgetting to bring up.

Suuuuure, buddy.

LOL
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He has a big dick.

Touche. Didn't expect that comeback.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He has a big dick.

Lol

We'll also be more attractive to FA's now that we have a high-octane HC. We could once again be THE FA destination for those star players who want a ring before they retire. Woot!

You also missed, Top 5 Guard, and a rookie at that!

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He has a big dick.

He has a big dick.

Touche. Didn't expect that comeback.

Share 49ersWebzone