LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

What Game do you anticipate most in '11?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Game do you anticipate most in '11?

Cowboys. I love when we play them. It's probably all the classic matchups I've seen over the years.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Any old school Niner fan will pick the 49ers-Cowboys. Those two teams had some epic matchups in the 80s-90s.

The newbies will pick Seattle or Baltimore(lol)....

This. Niners-Cowboys hands down. I cannot STAND Dallas. Anyone knowing the greatness of the 49ers Cowboys rivalry has to pick this one.

1. vs. Cowboys
2. vs. Seahawks
3. vs. Ravens

That's the order for me.

I witnessed the epic Cowboy-49er tilts of the 90s and disagree. 49ers v. Cowboys is always BIG, but Harbaugh is the future of this team.. and Carrol is his biggest rival.

Plus let's admit, the Seahawks right now are the best challenge in our division as reigning West champs. Sweeping them would go a long way toward making the playoffs.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Cowboys. I love when we play them. It's probably all the classic matchups I've seen over the years.

Cosigned, I hated the Cowboys and Packers as a little kid. I like when we play them, hopefully we beat them.
against the cowgirls
while some may pick the seahawks because its a divisional game and others may choose the Cowboys because its a hostorical rivalry im going to go with the ravens game.
not because of the whole sibling rivalry deal but due to the fact that they are a top tier team and it will be a good way to really see how good our team is against one of the best teams the NFL has to offer. win or lose i would like it to be close. however im really hoping that we win comfortably.
Any old school Niner fan will pick the 49ers-Cowboys. Those two teams had some epic matchups in the 80s-90s.

I'm not a Noobie, but I think the Seattle and Baltimore matchups just have better storylines. It will be an interesting matchup with Jason Garrett though, and as a purist it will be good to see that matchup again,but Jim has not history with Garett. With Baltimore you have the blood bowl, and with Seattle Jim already has a rivalry(sp?, It's late give me a break) with Pete.
the first one
nothin like a division rivalry and detroning the div champs right away
It's a statement game : we're here to replace you and to stay !
Plus a little HC rivalry is never wrong
I'd like to see that at the pro level ...
They're not on the schedule, but I want Atlanta, in the playoffs. They continue to owe us a talented running back's knee.

Second, but more importantly, we have Jerry Rice's knee to avenge in Carolina.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
They're not on the schedule, but I want Atlanta, in the playoffs. They continue to owe us a talented running back's knee.

Don't you mean Tampa Bay?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Don't you mean Tampa Bay?

They finished him off, sure. But Carolina was the first to go flat out dirty on him, and knock him out of a game--at the knee.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a grudge against the Bucs. But that can wait until they get better.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 9, 2011 at 07:01:49 ]
The Seahawks - its a divisional rivalry game - I'm still hurting from the pasting we got opening day up there and Harbaugh clearly has a 'thing' for Pete Caroll. Oh, and they are division champs...

That's a bold statement. I'm sure there are some "crusties" that will want to see the Seattle or baltimore matchup more, at least until the 49ers and Cowboys matchup starts meaning something again.
year in and year out we have been beat by the eagles, That and my brother is a philly fan and I'm tired of hearing his mouth. Let's take it to 'em this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2 games vs. the Seahawks should be the best. Harbaugh and Carroll really hate eachother. Carroll may have the better team. At least the QB situation is pretty solid unlike ours.

those bas***ds dont have the better team other than hasselbeck
Share 49ersWebzone