LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
still think this

I think he might be here for competition.

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards
Why do you prefer Edwards? You must see something in him I don't. I'm open to all suggestions but I have not seen enough from him to convince me.

It's not that I "like" him, it's availability. He wont cost a pick and worked with Jim his senior year I believe. He knows the system and probably some of the staff, he fits on that basis alone. Can he play well........no idea?

Harbaugh was not at Stanford at the same time Trent was.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards
Why do you prefer Edwards? You must see something in him I don't. I'm open to all suggestions but I have not seen enough from him to convince me.

It's not that I "like" him, it's availability. He wont cost a pick and worked with Jim his senior year I believe. He knows the system and probably some of the staff, he fits on that basis alone. Can he play well........no idea?

Edwards was the QB at Stanford in 07. Wasnt 07 HArbaugh's first year?
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards

Edwards was the QB at Stanford in 07. Wasnt 07 HArbaugh's first year?

nope they missed each other, Harbaugh was hired in December of 06 after Edwards last year there, he was drafted in the 07 draft
Oh no, please don't give us another year or two of Alex Smith!!! He's a good guy, but he does not have "IT"! He has proven time and time again that he does NOT have the mental make up to be a good NFL QB on a regular basis.

Forget all of the excuses, he does NOT have "IT"!
Originally posted by swim4speed:
Oh no, please don't give us another year or two of Alex Smith!!! He's a good guy, but he does not have "IT"! He has proven time and time again that he does NOT have the mental make up to be a good NFL QB on a regular basis.

Forget all of the excuses, he does NOT have "IT"!

Relax, they're just stringing him along as a fall back in case we can't get anybody better. It doesn't do the team any good for Jim to come out and say he sucks; but, to say he has some things we like, it keeps that door open just in case we have to come call on Alex again...

I wouldn't read too much into what coaches and scouts say this time of year. It's more politics than facts!
The way its looking......Alex Smith.lol
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards

thought he was

Still a young kid who could come cheap and easy
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards

thought he was

I'm not against it.
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards

thought he was

I'm not against it.

Wasn't Walsh involved with Stanford QB recruitment back then? If he approved of Edwards, then there may be a chance.
Rich Eisen on the Dan Patrick radio show said today that Jim Harbaugh must love the idea of having Kevin Kolb as his starter.

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Rich Eisen on the Dan Patrick radio show said today that Jim Harbaugh must love the idea of having Kevin Kolb as his starter.

Why?
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
The franchise tag will only last through the end of the 2010-2011 season. Any team can franchise anyone they want, but without knowing the terms of the new CBA it may not mean anything. If there is no franchise tag in the new agreement, the Eagles putting the tag on Vick in Feb won't mean a thing.

Actually, the franchise tag is a contractual agreement. A player must sign the contract in order to play.

If the Eagles franchise Vick and he signs it, he will be under contract just like any other player.

Sorry guys, but fakers is right on this one.

Thank you... It seems like thier just looking for an excuse to say I'm wrong..

You are wrong. And it's "they're".

I wasn't wrong buddy. More people are backing up what I said then you... Stop looking with hate an accept you got it wrong..

That was just him speculating... If he said I know for a fact or I have inside sources that say Harbaugh loves Kolb ok,but Rich was just sepculating...

[ Edited by fakers23 on Jan 31, 2011 at 14:04:35 ]
A major factor in who we sign as the team's veteran QB is the draft. Many teams will be hesitant to make a commitment in either acquiring or trading away a QB until it is determined what rookie QBs are drafted by various teams.

If you draft a good prospect, you are more likely to trade your current back-up. If you do not end up with a high-end rookie, then you tend to keep your current back-up.

As for Alex, he may hold off deciding what he is going to do until he finds out what other teams do with their QB situation. No doubt, he will hope to be a long-term starter for his future team. Thus, if a team drafts a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, Alex will know that there will be a strong pressure to bench him in favor of the young QB the second year.

Moreover, the best money will be offered to Alex only after the draft. If a team that needs a QB somehow fails to land a rookie QB in the draft, their need to sign a veteran FA QB becomes more urgent.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Why?

cuz he was groomed by andy reid in the wco....
Originally posted by Joecool:
still think this

im on board

Edwards? Who is that?

Edwards

thought he was

I'm not against it.

Wasn't Walsh involved with Stanford QB recruitment back then? If he approved of Edwards, then there may be a chance.

Walsh was high on Trent Edwards coming out of Stanford.
Share 49ersWebzone