LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 456 users in the forums

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

Or he may decide that Alex doesn't have the it factor and crumbles when there is pressure. Alex looked against the cardinals, but nothing was on the line and again, it was the cardinals.

Love him or hate him, its time to move on from Alex Smith. Better for him and the team.

Last thing Jed wants is for his new GM/HC team to be saddled with a successful or unsuccessful reminder of the last 8 years of futility.

Let's all say bu-bye to Alex Smith. Wish him well or wish him ill, but say goodbye, and let's move on.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

Or he may decide that Alex doesn't have the it factor and crumbles when there is pressure. Alex looked against the cardinals, but nothing was on the line and again, it was the cardinals.

Love him or hate him, its time to move on from Alex Smith. Better for him and the team.

Last thing Jed wants is for his new GM/HC team to be saddled with a successful or unsuccessful reminder of the last 8 years of futility.

Let's all say bu-bye to Alex Smith. Wish him well or wish him ill, but say goodbye, and let's move on.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Dennis Dixon will be signed by the Niners this offseason.

I actually wouldn't disagree.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

I actually think its a great idea.

Me neither!!...Idk everyone is jumping on the Cam Newton Bandwagon..Kid is an athlete playing QB....Id get a Veteran via Dixon/McNabb and get Luck next year..Harbaugh im sure has already mentioned this to the 49er organization..Imagine the Possibilites!!..
How about a guy like Brady Quinn?
He is most likely behind Teebow in Denver.. Is he attainable? I have always liked this kid since he came out in ND, but hasnt played with talent early in his carrer and no one to really learn from..
Any ideas?
Originally I was saying we should pick up Clausen, but now that Luck is staying I guess the panthers wouldn't deal him.

So...

Get Orton if he can be had cheap.
Get Shaun Hill back for a 7th just like we traded him for. (he likes to check down, and im sure he could pick up a westcoast scheme easily)
maybe trent edwards if he can be had cheap, or if he is a FA.
Hasselbeck if they let him go, he would be a decent QB if he had a better line around him.

Avoid mcnabb
Avoid Vince young
Avoid Kolb, he doesn't seem to be much more than a backup IMO.
i want orton but i think hasselbeck is perfect for harbaugh's system
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Anyone but Hasselbeck. Two weeks ago, he injured his hip untouched while running 1 yard to the end zone. Kudos to him for a great game today but he still put up worse numbers than Smith this season against weaker competition and he actually had competent coaching.

He is a knee injury waiting to happen, watch his running style. I am an Oregon fan and I'm telling you he won't make it more than a season at a time without messing it up.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

He is a knee injury waiting to happen, watch his running style. I am an Oregon fan and I'm telling you he won't make it more than a season at a time without messing it up.

But under Harbaugh's teaching, he won't run as often, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Lmao, Mark Brunell....Yeah he'll def. turn this franchise around.

He's still Playing???
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Lmao, Mark Brunell....Yeah he'll def. turn this franchise around.

He's still Playing???

Yeah, tonight even. The Jets should put him in for Sanchez tonight, if Sanchez can't get his throws down.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Note on Flynn and Kolb and Johnson. All are under contract for 2010, and would need a trade to secure their services.

2010?

Sorry, locked through the 2011 season. Don't hand me a checkbook.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
Anyone but Hasselbeck. Two weeks ago, he injured his hip untouched while running 1 yard to the end zone. Kudos to him for a great game today but he still put up worse numbers than Smith this season against weaker competition and he actually had competent coaching.

I thought Carrol was the coach in Seattle?
Share 49ersWebzone