There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.


I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...


I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.


I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Finally, in good spirits and worry-free confidence, I can indeed say...


Go Niners!

I am always up for an upgrade at any position, but the pickings are slim...very slim.

"Coach up" a 7th year veteran, huh ? And which "expert" (besides yourself of course) told you that Alex can excel in an offense in the his first year running it ? Or was his college coach also lost, just like every other NFL analyst that you feel doesnt understand the game as well as you do.......

Listen man, you are pushing for a guy that had a worse year than Smith, on a better coached team, and is on top of that getting way up in years. I am no expert, and never claimed to be, but I know horses**t when I smell it and you buddy absolutely reek of it.

So how would you explain Warner's rise to stardom after getting axed in STL and NY ? Dumb luck ?

Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden (sp?)

So you dont think McNabb could revive his career with Gore and VD in his arsenal, with possibly having Westbrook and Crabtree as well ?

That sounds like a great idea and McNabb would come cheap. U know no one will trade for that contract lol. He has a good year or two left in the tank imo.

I was under the impression that his contract becomes null anbd void if the Redskins decide to cut ties with him. He has a 6 year contract with the Redskins that becomes nonexistent if they dont retain him.

Is that true ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.


I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...


I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.


I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Finally, in good spirits and worry-free confidence, I can indeed say...


Go Niners!

I am always up for an upgrade at any position, but the pickings are slim...very slim.

"Coach up" a 7th year veteran, huh ? And which "expert" (besides yourself of course) told you that Alex can excel in an offense in the his first year running it ? Or was his college coach also lost, just like every other NFL analyst that you feel doesnt understand the game as well as you do.......

Listen man, you are pushing for a guy that had a worse year than Smith, on a better coached team, and is on top of that getting way up in years. I am no expert, and never claimed to be, but I know horses**t when I smell it and you buddy absolutely reek of it.

So how would you explain Warner's rise to stardom after getting axed in STL and NY ? Dumb luck ?

Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden (sp?)

So you dont think McNabb could revive his career with Gore and VD in his arsenal, with possibly having Westbrook and Crabtree as well ?

That sounds like a great idea and McNabb would come cheap. U know no one will trade for that contract lol. He has a good year or two left in the tank imo.

I was under the impression that his contract becomes null anbd void if the Redskins decide to cut ties with him. He has a 6 year contract with the Redskins that becomes nonexistent if they dont retain him.

Is that true ?

Yup and EVERYONE around the league believes Redskins will cut him around start of 11' season.
Josh Johnson makes sense due to the ties with harbaugh @ San Diego
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

Nice Work!

Wrong coach.
Peter King surmised that McDaniels liked Tebow, and if he is hired as MINN's new OC, he might try to have MINN trade for Tebow, which would mean that DEN, drafting ahead of us, would keep Orton and draft a highly rated QB ahead of us. Just saying.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.


I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...


I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.


I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Finally, in good spirits and worry-free confidence, I can indeed say...


Go Niners!

I am always up for an upgrade at any position, but the pickings are slim...very slim.

"Coach up" a 7th year veteran, huh ? And which "expert" (besides yourself of course) told you that Alex can excel in an offense in the his first year running it ? Or was his college coach also lost, just like every other NFL analyst that you feel doesnt understand the game as well as you do.......

Listen man, you are pushing for a guy that had a worse year than Smith, on a better coached team, and is on top of that getting way up in years. I am no expert, and never claimed to be, but I know horses**t when I smell it and you buddy absolutely reek of it.

So how would you explain Warner's rise to stardom after getting axed in STL and NY ? Dumb luck ?

Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden (sp?)

So you dont think McNabb could revive his career with Gore and VD in his arsenal, with possibly having Westbrook and Crabtree as well ?
I have two problems with McNabb.

1. He has never been very accurate.

2. A great deal of his success was being able to move out of the pocket and extend the play. However, he really began to lose a step his last year in Philly and this past season he looked like he was running in cold molasses. He has REALLY slowed down. He doesn't move nearly as well as he once did. So unless the OL improves a ton, an immobile pocket passer is not going to be a very good answer.

3. Shanahan couldn't make him work. What makes you think Harbaugh can? I give McNabb
Originally posted by excelsior:
Peter King surmised that McDaniels liked Tebow, and if he is hired as MINN's new OC, he might try to have MINN trade for Tebow, which would mean that DEN, drafting ahead of us, would keep Orton and draft a highly rated QB ahead of us. Just saying.

He started for Denver, why would they trade him? They may trade Orton.
I'm not really sold on any of the QB's in this year's draft. I hope we're able to get Kolb or McNabb this offseason. Dennis Dixon sounds like a decent option but can he really become an elite quarterback?
Alex Smith is better than any of these guys with the possible exception of Kolb who we don't really know yet.

I wish we wouldn't have messed up everything so bad with Alex because I would love it he came back and I really think it would be the best fit and team for him. Harbaugh would do wonders with him and I already thought that Alex Smith is most underrated QB in the game.

We were the worst schematic team by far with the worst coaching I have seen in my life. Alex Smith was not the problem last year and people need to get off it. With good coaching (which equals good qb play), we will coast into the playoffs.
Orton isn't going anyway, so I'd say Kolb is easily the best option of those choices. However, the Eagles are said to be firm on receiving 2 1st rounders for him.

Wasn't Hasselback rumored to be on thin ice in Seattle? I'd say he'd probably be the best veteran option for the WCO, followed by McNabb.
Originally posted by Chilly:
Alex Smith is better than any of these guys with the possible exception of Kolb who we don't really know yet.

I wish we wouldn't have messed up everything so bad with Alex because I would love it he came back and I really think it would be the best fit and team for him. Harbaugh would do wonders with him and I already thought that Alex Smith is most underrated QB in the game.

We were the worst schematic team by far with the worst coaching I have seen in my life. Alex Smith was not the problem last year and people need to get off it. With good coaching (which equals good qb play), we will coast into the playoffs.

get ready to be tarred and feathered my friend, but if you look at how alex finished the season, witha qb rating over 90 and 3ints to 9 tds in last games, he may be the best niners option to bridge to the next qb
Originally posted by Chilly:
Alex Smith is better than any of these guys with the possible exception of Kolb who we don't really know yet.

I wish we wouldn't have messed up everything so bad with Alex because I would love it he came back and I really think it would be the best fit and team for him. Harbaugh would do wonders with him and I already thought that Alex Smith is most underrated QB in the game.

We were the worst schematic team by far with the worst coaching I have seen in my life. Alex Smith was not the problem last year and people need to get off it. With good coaching (which equals good qb play), we will coast into the playoffs.

I like Alex, but let the kid go. He gets booed on every incompletion. The fans have given up on him.
I think we could get Tebow for a 3rd or 2nd if Denver would take Mallet or Blaine Gabbert with there first. I think it would be a good fit what do you guys think?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Chilly:
Alex Smith is better than any of these guys with the possible exception of Kolb who we don't really know yet.

I wish we wouldn't have messed up everything so bad with Alex because I would love it he came back and I really think it would be the best fit and team for him. Harbaugh would do wonders with him and I already thought that Alex Smith is most underrated QB in the game.

We were the worst schematic team by far with the worst coaching I have seen in my life. Alex Smith was not the problem last year and people need to get off it. With good coaching (which equals good qb play), we will coast into the playoffs.

I like Alex, but let the kid go. He gets booed on every incompletion. The fans have given up on him.

As the zone has shown...fans are fickle. A few wins and they would be carrying Smith off on their shoulders. Not likely he stays though.
johnelway John Elway
by JasonLaCanfora
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

johnelway John Elway
by JasonLaCanfora
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

johnelway John Elway
by JasonLaCanfora
Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.
...